View Poll Results: Should we take a 4 month old to Disneyland?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 40.00%
  • No

11 24.44%
  • Maybe

7 15.56%
  • Wait a year...

9 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• One weird cookie...

Sad Canadian Taking a 4 month old? Advice..

Okay, so here's the deal... I promised my best man / best friend that we would go to disney in 2007.

Now.. My wife is pregnant with a little mouseman... He will be 4 months when our trip is planned (Augustish)... Should we take the little man? Should we leave him at home? Should we wait a year... wait... What am I say????? This would be my fourth year in a row! Eight trip total! SWEEEEEEEET!

Has anyone ever applied for a Canadian Passport for someone that young? Strollers? ARGH! Advise?
    Last edited by Sheveyman; 12-15-2006 at 03:03 PM. Reason: AN Opps

• For You!

Re: Canadian Taking a 4 year old? Advice..

I would almost wait and see what your baby is like! Some babies are really good at handling noise and crowds and traveling, others aren't. Plus, you never know when a child is going to be sick or what will happen! It's quite a risk planning a trip when the baby hasn't even been born yet! But, I hope you get to go!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

If you are flying I wouldn't reccomend it(I subscribe to the thought that babies shouldn't fly before they are 6 months old)

Otherwise, go, have fun. A 4 month old is, in many respects, easier to handle than a 14 month old
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

I also say not to bring him at that age.
    Ask Kelly ( yep thats her user name ) she is from Canada maybe she can answer your canada questions

• One weird cookie...

Ya I know flying can be difficult... Every year we've taken a nephew or niece... And the youngest we've ever was 7...

• Man O Lantern

A four month old might just sleep or nurse off and on the whole flight and I agree, it's easier to take a four month old than a 14 month old!

I wouldn't bank on leaving the little one at home at that age. No way I could be away from any one of my three kids at that age for any major period of time, barring an emergency.

Strollers you can take to the gate, they take it from you as you get on the plane and you get it back as soon as you leave the plane. Don't have to check it with luggage, it's no problem.

• VMK_Shadow

?

• VMK_Shadow

Well I think it is good to take kids. I am just a 13 years old. To Disneyland it increases there imagination which is a good thing.I go to Disneyland every year. So I would take a 4 years old to Disneyland.And make him or her have a nice and fun time in one of the greatest parks in the world

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

4 months old is ok...just as long as the baby can handle being in the park all day with you if not your wasting money cause the baby gets onry heeh just my .02...
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

the second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

i am not sure because the baby might just be asleep the whole time and not reactive to what is happening but when you see the light in their eyes when they see their first character it is all worth it. (unless they are sleeping)

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

Quote Originally Posted by duhduhkid View Post
    i am not sure because the baby might just be asleep the whole time and not reactive to what is happening but when you see the light in their eyes when they see their first character it is all worth it. (unless they are sleeping)

^^ wut he said bout the eyes and light n stuff..
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Canadian Taking a 4 MONTH old? Advice..

No. There is a time to enjoy DL as you want to, and a time to enjoy DL through your children's eyes. You won't do neither with a 4-month old.

4 years old? Sure.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheveyman View Post
    Ya I know flying can be difficult... Every year we've taken a nephew or niece... And the youngest we've ever was 7...
    There's a world of difference between a seven-year-old and a four-month-old.

Taking a four-month-old to southern California in those crowds at that time of year does not seem wise to me. Let him (and you) do some growing up and put the trip off until he can enjoy it and there's less chance of problems.

By the time my son was 4 months he'd been to DL 4 times. He's 20 months now and I've lost count of how many times we've taken him. It's a different Disney experience but I love taking him there. If you do go just plan on spending a lot of time at the Baby Care Center. They are wonderful in there and there's one in each park. He spent a lot of time sleeping in the stroller or watching the world go by. We've always taken him where ever we go and he handles the noise and the crowds fine. I wouldn't have been able to leave him for that long at that age. If you do decide to go you won't be the only ones with a little one.
    Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

• love my friends

Re: Canadian Taking a 4 month old? Advice..

Quote Originally Posted by Sheveyman View Post
    Okay, so here's the deal... I promised my best man / best friend that we would go to disney in 2007.

Now.. My wife is pregnant with a little mouseman... He will be 4 months when our trip is planned (Augustish)... Should we take the little man? Should we leave him at home? Should we wait a year... wait... What am I say????? This would be my fourth year in a row! Eight trip total! SWEEEEEEEET!

Has anyone ever applied for a Canadian Passport for someone that young? Strollers? ARGH! Advise?
    i am canadian living in the states.. I of course have a passport.. my 2 american daughters dont yet.. but will as the deadline is jan 23rd i believe

I am really not sure about the passport requirement for babies. I would contact the governement of canada and ask them, they may waive it for babies, but i am not sure.

Friends for life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast