Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The Official Here Comes Yet Another Radiobarry picture-infested DL Trip Report Thread

As many of you may know, I returned to Disneyland last Sunday after an absence of several months, to be part of a very special day ...to meet the people behind the characters containing names including words and numbers like penguin, warrior, 1939, 74, gang, clari - well, the list goes on.

The day came. I was also reunited with old MC friends I hadn't seen in a while. We laughed. We sang. We drank. We ate. We cried. We passed cameras around. A lot. Some of us rode rides. Others of us watched football. Some drank some more. Still others actually went into DCA.

And you have seen the trip reports come, and go. And still you wonder - where is the essence, the brilliance, the SHEER GENIUS...you get the idea.

Friends, a trip report like this one is like a fine wine. Or an expertly prepared steak. Some things are just worth the wait.

This trip report probably won't be one of those type things.
    But it is coming...this weekend...and you won't want to be the one person next Monday who hasn't seen what surely the rest of folks will be talking about.

Watch this space. You will not regret it (well, if you do, let me know and I'll see if we can work something out ) -

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• The one, the only...

Re: The Official Here Comes Yet Another Radiobarry picture-infested DL Trip Report Th

Barry it was good seeing you again last weekend. It was a fun day! I hope you loved your pirate boat! I know I did. I wish you the best holiday season!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Re: The Official Here Comes Yet Another Radiobarry picture-infested DL Trip Report Th

That was a great 'trailer' for your upcoming trip report release! Now you have me anxious to check it out!!! Can't Wait

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

You had me going. I want Pictures. I thought they were coming now. I guess I'll have to wait.....til later.

I'll be back when the photos show up.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

bring on the pictures

• For You!

Ya big tease!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Ya big tease!
    I was just thinking the same thing! The suspense is killing me!

• All you need is LOVE

Photos

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    That was a great 'trailer' for your upcoming trip report release! Now you have me anxious to check it out!!! Can't Wait
    He's like the Don LaFontaine of Mice Chat .

I look foward to your report Barry!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Soon to be appearing in a thread near you...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

It was one week ago this very morning, Sunday December 10th. I was bound for the big bopping December to Remember or somesuch meet, at one of my very favorite places.

It had rained hard the night before, but the sky was clear (if dark) when I left my coastal area estate in Northwest Ventura County at about 5:30 AM.

A stop to gas up in Oxnard (more on that later) ... followed up by my customary "halfway" stop to gas myself up again at the Starbucks in Westlake...and cruisin along at freeway speeds through LA into Anaheim (Sunday morning, remember) I pulled up to the toll booth just after 8AM - flashed the nice lady my AP with parking...(I am really cool now)...got to park outside in Pinocchio (as you may know, I detest the parking structure).

And stepping out of the car, I give the camera its first workout as we see more evidence that it really had rained.

In case you didn't know from the dozens of other, less thorough reports, once you leave your car you generally walk to a place where you line up to sit in a big white thing with a yellow roof that looks kinda weird.

There's a wait for the big white thing, so I'm looking for stuff to take pictures of...

So I get on the big white thing. As instructed I sit well back in my seat and do very little so as not to break any rules. The thing takes me to the main gate area where I flash my annual pass to another nice person who decides that I am indeed cool enough to enter. This person apparently never met a supervisor I once worked under in New Orleans Square.

Anyway, I get into the park...and I couldn't shake the feeling that a giant mouse made out of flowers was sticking its tongue out at me.

I decided that I would take fate intio my own hands and charge boldly past into the lands of yesterday, tomorrow, fantasy, and ridiculous food prices.

If you can indeed tell time without the benefit of a digital clock, you can see that it was 8:30 in the morning. The Big Bad Hazagaza meet wasn't for 90 minutes yet. A former Disneyland CM, and current MiceChatter, by himself because his wife had to work - with a camera, fresh batteries, and an almost empty memory card. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

With a song in my heart, and time on my hands - even though I wasn't wearing a watch - I decided to take a ride on the train.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Oh goody!! I am on my way to breakfast here in cold Chicagoland. I am expecting some more of this "so far, so good" trip report, when I return.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

So I ride the train past the wilds of Adventureland and "Critter" Country, and go boldly into an area that, according to many posts I read here and my own recent memory, has been scarcely touched by human visitation. And no, it's not DCA

There's that mouse again. At least he doesn't appear to be sticking out his tongue at these brave souls.

Now here's the place where I should have gassed up, since I noticed that gas prices per gallon were at least 30 cents cheaper in Orange County than where I live.

No waiting at the pumps, either.

And since apparently many of you haven't been out that way any time soon or don't plan on returning until sometime after Roger Rabbit spins off in another direction...

Alas, it was now time to leave Toontown...and as we all know, once you cross its borders you may ne'er return again...oh wait, that's Toyland. Well y'know, it's the holidays - I saw the marching toy soldiers...Walt Disney's "Babes In Toyland" is a favorite movie of mine around the holidays...

Leaving Toontown, I came upon this always beautiful sight.

As of last Sunday, the bobsleds were not running as the refurbishment was still coming to an end.

The sign outside the park said that the attraction was closed. Another at the entrance to the ride said the same thing. Yet, at another point in front of the landmark...

Go ahead. Stand there. See where you are in an hour and a half!!

More to come later.

Your intrepid if this time slow reporter -

--Barry

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

You have not dissapointed, so far. You have captured some real "gems" with that camera of yours, Barry.

Pop Century Resort

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Yeah pictures! I was on my way to IHOP then the noon meet and I am greeted with pictures AND the sun is shining! YES! It's gonna be a good day!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast