• Minion

Tiggerfan Trip Report Nov 29-Dec 4 (Day One and Two)

Ok folks a little late but here goes my trip report including CP weekend.

I am doing photos for the first time and you will see why I am getting a new camera for Christmas, so please excuse the pics.

I started the trip on Nov 29th, driving from my home in Stockton down to Anaheim and Disney. I managed for once to get out on time and arrived at my hotel by 5pm.

I've included a few picture of the room/view for reference

Since I was in town early enough I headed over to the park for a little while before it closed at 8pm. The night was, like most of my trip, very very windy. But in many ways this acted as a benefit to me. I was able to head into tomorrowland to ride Buzz a couple times with little wait.

Then I grabbed a quick dinner and moved over to Small World to watch the Holiday Parade. Since many people have already included pics for the parade I won't bore you but it it a really fun show.

However I do agree it might need a little updating since its basically the same parade they've done over the last many years.

After the parade I rode small world, then headed back to my hotel for a nights rest.

The next morning I was at Disneyland for opening and was amazed at how empty the park was. By the time I was ready for lunch was able to ride most of the major rides in the park and quite a few of the Fantasyland ones as well.

I also took time to snap some pics of the holiday decor in Critter Country

Tigger and Eeyore were also out

I decided to head to ESPN zone for lunch but on the way grabbed some shots of Haunted Mansion, which is one of the better new holiday makeovers.

While finishing lunch I got a call from the wonderful and always fun Judimouse who had come over to spend a few hours in the park with me. So we headed over to DCA and did Soaring and Tower before touring around to see the holiday decorations and just get caught up with each other.

Judimouse had to head out to meet a friend so I did a run through Grand Californian and checked out the holiday stuff there (sadly my camera was acting up so no pics there).

I then headed back to the hotel to prepare for the next day and a trip up to Simi Valley and the Reagan Library.

Part 2 coming later this weekend with pics from Reagan Library and my coverage of the Saturday CP show.
    Last edited by tiggerfan; 12-16-2006 at 04:48 PM.

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Tiggerfan Trip Report Nov 29-Dec 4 (Day One and Two)

Thanks for sharing

• For You!

So far so good!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Minion

Thanks. Not sure why that first room pic is being obstinant but I will have part 2 up later on

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Glad you had fun! i love presidential libraries! I just went to the Lincoln one last year...

ESPN Zone..YAY!

• Minion

Yeah ESPN zone was a really nice lunch.

I had one of the best burgers I've ever had on property. Actually I think eating in DD or the hotels is a good deal. You do pay a little more than you might at a quick serve place in the parks but you get to sit down and they bring your your food

I think the burger and drink I had with tax and tip ran around 12-14 which is a little more than say Hungry Bear or Red rockets, but not much more,

Another food tip, while I'm thinking on it, is ordering the kids meals in places like RR. Just enough for a small meal and a much better price

But on to the rest of my trip

On Friday I got up and spent a few hours in the park before things got too crowded. I was able to ride Buzz several times in a row and managed to break 200,000 for the first time.

I think after a few more trips I will figure this out.

Around 10am I left to head up to Simi Valley and the Reagan Presidential Library. I have been trying to add a little off site stuff to my trips and the library seemed like a fun option.

The library is located near the top of a hill with an amazing view..

I also made a stop at the President's grave to pay my respects.

Once I finished looking around outside I headed into the library where they had a display of Presidential gifts for the Christmas season.

But the neatest part of the tour was the Air Force one Exhibit where they have one of the original AF1 planes used in the 70's and 80's (actually every president from Nixon to GWB used it). You get to walk through the plane and see how small it really was.

Towards the end of the day I was able to meet with some friends and have dinner. I then headed back to Anaheim and got in around 8pm. Not wanting to fight crowds and such I headed to the hotel where I got to see an abbreviated fireworks show from my balcony.

Sadly with the winds I never did get to see the full show.

Next day was Candlelight show, I will start a new reply just to keep this from getting toooo long
    Last edited by tiggerfan; 12-16-2006 at 10:06 PM.

• Minion

Re: Tiggerfan Trip Report Nov 29-Dec 4

Ok folks, on to the last day of the trip....

I got up and headed into the parks for opening at 8am and met up with Judimouse and Disneyfnatc.

We decided to do some rides to start out in DL. We rode Buzz, Pirates, Haunted, Pooh, most of Fantasyland, Space and so on.

DF and I decided to ride Splash while Judimous waited for us.

We also took some time to check out the holiday banners in Critter Country

We rode on Big Thunder and since we were in the area stopped by Big Thunder Ranch where it seems Santa has stopped in for a visit.

Some treats out for Santa's reindeer....

We were now getting closer to lunch and we wanted to grab something to eat so we headed over to the Grand Californian to eat at Whitewater Snacks.

I ordered the kids meal chicken tenders and have to say for the price I got an amazing amount of food.

I also grabbed a snap of the GC tree.

Sorry that the quality here isnt up to snuff, but my camera is kinda old.

After lunch we stopped in DCA to ride on Soaring, Screaming, Grizzly and Tower.

Here are a couple holiday shots from DCA

Once we finished in DCA we did a few more rides in Disneyland before settling down around 4pm to get a spot for the Candlelight show.

While waiting I grabbed some shots of the Main Street train station set up for the show.

While waiting for the show to start we got some great views of the Flag Retreat and the tree lighting.

I have to say I love the Disney Flag Retreat. Our day they had some cub scouts helping and standing there with a big crowd all at attention for the salute was a cool moment.

Since many others have given a pretty detailed review of the CP show I won't go through it again but will offer a few comments.

I do think CP is a great great show, though I personally prefer the version I saw at WDW in terms of the songs performed. I don't know offhand if they do different versions at the two parks or if they changed it but I liked the other program that starts with Great Joy.

Nonetheless the show was amazing. Watching the processional work its way down Main Street and seeing the herald trumpets on the top of Main Street station is a great sight.

As I've said in another post, I do think they might consider doing shows over at Hyperion, but I do think they need to keep one weekend at DL on Main Street.

Perhaps one of the most touching moments was when the entire crowd joined in the singing of Silent Night. Standing with a few thousand of your newest friends in the dark and singing that special song really gives you the feel of Christmas.

I was also glad to see I wasn't the only one who sings along and hand conducts during the Hallelujah Chorus. If you were at the first show on Saturday and on the left hand side of the green benches, I saw you conducting with me <G>.

After the show we headed over to Storytellers for dinner. It was a bit more expensive than a normal dinner but well worth the time and it capped off the great show.

After dinner we headed back to DL where we took advantage of having gotten a series of fastpasses during the day and were able to ride most of the major rides with no wait.

Around 11pm we headed home, knowing we'd had a long day.

Sunday morning was, sadly enough, time for me to leave. I made it over to DL for a couple hours and a few rides on Buzz (can you tell I like Buzz).

Then I moved to the hub for the noon meet, got to meet or re-meet some of the great folks off of MiceChat, including our newest engaged couple !

Lunch was at Wine Cellar over in DCA, then I had to get in the car and drive home.

So that's the trip, if you have any comments please feel free.

I will be back in February, hopefully with a better camera
    Last edited by tiggerfan; 12-18-2006 at 11:13 AM.

• love my friends

wonderful trip report and great pictures

Friends for life

Hello Tiggerfan -
    Nice report. You spelled my name wrong its really disneyfnatc. I had a lot of fun with you that day. Congratulations on getting 200,000 on Buzz that is awesome. I think my best score is somewhere between 65,000 and 70,000.
    Hope to see you in February.
    By the way great pics.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Excellent TR! Looks like you did real well on the pictures!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Minion

Thanks but I do want a newer camera that will help with the blurring issue

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    Thanks but I do want a newer camera that will help with the blurring issue
    Me too, there are some new Fuji's coming out that supposidley fix that.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• World Traveler

Very nice! I'd love to see that Air Force One some day!