Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future CEO

Whoa! What Happened?! – Disneyland Planning DVD

Whoa! What Happened?! – Disneyland Planning DVD

I received my Disneyland Planning DVD about a week and a half ago through the mail. I was saving it for a good time, but, when I finally got around to it, I was shocked at what I saw! Being that I live in Florida, I always get the WDW Planning DVD and I thought it might be nice to get the Disneyland Planning DVD as well. When I got, I was horrified at the bad show in front of me. The video just started and showed me a screen that said:
    the ant farm
    DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS
    “DVD Graphic Fulfillment”
    8:08
    Version 5
    Avid Pix / Temp Mix
    After about five seconds of the aforementioned screen, it proceeded to show me the introduction to the WDW DVD where it has Walt Disney at DL’s opening day then gives a basic run-down of new attractions at the parks. The video was very grainy and not nearly as refined as the one seen on WDW’s DVD. Then, the video ended. Nothing more, no menu, nothing. Surprised that this was it, I decided to go to the menu and was again horrified at what I saw. It was not at all refined, in fact, it was amateurish. The menu simply had the first frame of the “DVD Graphic Fulfillment” and under it:
    11/14Fri 9:29PM
    L1 SP
    At the menu’s heading it said: Disk 25. I wonder if this is just a huge mistake by the Disney Company or if it is just a way to make a cheap buck. This appears to be a “work in progress” DVD when you put it in the player, but the box and the disk look as if they were professionally made. Again, this is the introduction to the WDW DVD – this comes before the actual planning part and an animated menu with special features, including games, and a scene selection option. Could this error be widespread or is mine just a “collector’s item?” Hopefully this is a singular case of “bad show” because, if it is not, those non – Disney fans who wish to go to the parks for the first time may find the DVD to be unimpressive and may believe the parks to be the quality of the DVD – downright cheap!

Has this happened to anybody else?

P.S. I have pictures: How do I post them?

Quote Originally Posted by jag82177
    Has this happened to anybody else?
    Yep, same thing happened to me and a few other people I know as well. The total DVD running time is only 8 min. Noticed they changed the name of it though, it's not a "planning DVD" (like WDW's)... instead the name is just "Your Guide to the Happiest Celebration on Earth".
    -Wes

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries
    I am tempted to say that they seem to care more about getting people to Walt Disney World, than to Disneyland.

I find that terribly disappointing. It is Disneyland's Birthday after all.

I also ordered the DVD, with much anticipation, and I watched it about a week ago, and saw just how poorly presented it was. It seems like they did not even try to put out a decent planning DVD.

I am visiting both WDW and Disneyland Resort. I watched both DVD's. If they expect these DVD's to influence people, they did a poor job. Even the WDW DVD could have been much better. It should have had more info on the resorts. I will not waste my time ordering these DVD's in the future. You can get much better information, frankly by being a regular contribiutor on MiceChat.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    I am tempted to say that they seem to care more about getting people to Walt Disney World, than to Disneyland.
    Most likely because the average WDW family spends more time (and hence $$$) at WDW than they would at DLR. Plus they are far more likely to stay on property. There is nothing equivalent to HoJo's at WDW. And by that I mean price, value and location.

I got one also and I posted a couple of pictures here:

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.p...ree+disneyland

• Future CEO

It looks to me as if the DVD is a build - hence "Version 5" - as opposed to what is supposed to be released...

• The one on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    I also ordered the DVD, with much anticipation, and I watched it about a week ago, and saw just how poorly presented it was. It seems like they did not even try to put out a decent planning DVD.
    I agree. I ordered it expecting it to be much more than it turned out to be. If I had not already made plans to go to DL this year the video would not have convinced me to do so.

• Time Traveler

I totally forgot that I'm supposed to be getting one of those in the mail. I hope they get a final version out.
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60
    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

• I am a Pluto lover

I think it is the final version, everyone has been getting the same one.
    Its so sad. I am disappointed in Disney that they even sent this out.
    Disney should also be disappointed in themselves.

But then, as my honey told me, "It was free, what did you think you would get?"
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Big disappointment. I popped mine in and got ready to settle in for a little while as I enjoyed my favorite place in the whole wide world...

...and then it was over.

Why did they even bother? They could have saved themselves the cost of the DVD's and packaging.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Future CEO

Why did they even bother? They could have saved themselves the cost of the DVD's and packaging.
    Exactly! At the very minimum they could have made it clear, not grainy. Or, instead of sending people the "Disneyland - Walt Disney World Planning DVD" they could have just sent the refined, well tooled WDW DVD which has DL's in its intro alone. I have some really good pictures of this, and I'd like to post them... I just don't know how!!

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse
    But then, as my honey told me, "It was free, what did you think you would get?"
    i was expecting to get something of quality, like they had done to promote wdw. even though they renamed the area disneyland resort, they clearly don't intend to market it properly to give visitors an idea of how rewarding it could be. disney could have made dl very enticing by focusing on the hotel, dtd, and theme park uniqueness.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    I just ordered one. I asm now curios to see how "cheap" Disney has fallen. It is unfortunate
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    That video is a total waste of time. As grandma always used to say: If you aren't going to do it right, don't do it at all.

Someone should be fired for allowing that to go out to the public.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• CharlesJ in NoCAL

Disney Cruise line DVD is the same, I thought it would be fun and magical like all the WDW Planning DVD's...what a bummer
    I will just have to watch the WDW DVD and dream til I can get there!

P.S. 8 days til Disneyland!
    When it's time to go home and visit...It's time to go to Disneyland!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast