Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Has anybody won in the Year of a Million Dreams?

Just want to congratulate anyone that has won...and also congratulate anyone that was fortunate enough to go to Disneyland/DisneyWorld.
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Yup - we did - 2x (at Disneyland)! On Friday November 10 we got the FP's in TL. Then on Sunday November 12, when we were exiting PotC we all got the Mouse Ears. It was funny - because both times, we had actually been talking about those items (FP's b/c it was so crowded - we were "wishing" to get them; Ears b/c we had seen a number of other people with them and had been talking about getting them).

It was cool.

•   
    • Senior Minion

I haven't won anything yet, but there is still a whole year to go!

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    I won a free tortilla at the Mission Tortilla Factory in DCA. It was so awesome! I nearly cried with joy that my dreams finally came true.
    Wow, someone else is as sarcastic as I can be. I love it. In fact, I wish I said that!

• Disney-it's a way of life

Well I have a few friends who are in GR and part of Dream Squad, and one of the big reasons YMD isn't being promoted like crazy is because they are simply waiting for the holiday season to end. The big kick off is apparently going to be around January or February.

And my boyfriend and I were at DL this past Thursday and Friday and we saw a lot of people with lanyards, ears and dream fastpasses. We saw a few members of Dream Squad, and one of the things I love is that they have very simple costumes, so they don't stand out so much.

I floors me to find that some people think that Dream Squaders are being selective in who they choose. They have very specific directions, to be in a certain place at a certain time, especially for the large prizes.

I recently heard of a prize that was given out on Saturday night at EPCOT. A family who had spent years saving up to go to WDW won a trip to Italy, first class air, hotel, transportation, all food is taken care of. The trip is worth about $60000. After winning that mid day, my friend in guest relations got them priority seating for Illuminations. And since it was there last night of vacation and they had been staying at Pop, he got them upgraded to GrandFla.

Plus there's bunches of backstage dreams for CMs. So just because you haven't won anything big or haven't seen it happen, doesn't mean it's not happening. YMD is working well right now, especially since it's under the radar, and it will only get better.
    ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

::WDW College Program Campus Rep::

::Spring Quarter Advantage 2007 Operations::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide- Again!::
    ::Summer Alumni Program 2006 Operations!::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide::
    ::Fall 2005 Quick Service Food & Beverage::
    ::Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Cafe
    ::

"You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

• Queen of Sarcasm

I was at the park last week and was given a lanyard with 2 pins at the exit of Soarin. The majority of the prizes that day seemed to me the FPs. The CMs dreams backstage are not the good. When I worked there all they offered us was a limo ride to Harbor from K Lot and the occasional free drink from Star Dinerz. At the presentation they gave the CMs right before I left we were told they were going to be giving away a lot of the FPs because those were by far the cheapest things to produce and accomodate. The ears and lanyards were not that far behind either.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RockStarTink283 View Post
    Well I have a few friends who are in GR and part of Dream Squad, and one of the big reasons YMD isn't being promoted like crazy is because they are simply waiting for the holiday season to end. The big kick off is apparently going to be around January or February.

And my boyfriend and I were at DL this past Thursday and Friday and we saw a lot of people with lanyards, ears and dream fastpasses. We saw a few members of Dream Squad, and one of the things I love is that they have very simple costumes, so they don't stand out so much.

I floors me to find that some people think that Dream Squaders are being selective in who they choose. They have very specific directions, to be in a certain place at a certain time, especially for the large prizes.

I recently heard of a prize that was given out on Saturday night at EPCOT. A family who had spent years saving up to go to WDW won a trip to Italy, first class air, hotel, transportation, all food is taken care of. The trip is worth about $60000. After winning that mid day, my friend in guest relations got them priority seating for Illuminations. And since it was there last night of vacation and they had been staying at Pop, he got them upgraded to GrandFla.

Plus there's bunches of backstage dreams for CMs. So just because you haven't won anything big or haven't seen it happen, doesn't mean it's not happening. YMD is working well right now, especially since it's under the radar, and it will only get better.

How exciting for that family!!! I just LOVE Disney!!
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Talking Re: Has anybody won in the Year of a Million Dreams?

Was in the park Sunday evening waiting for the parade to start, when it was announced that the Honorary Grand Marshal was coming. A family from San Diego had won a nights stay in the Mickey Penthouse for that evening. There were something like 6 or 7 people and a baby in their party as they rode past us.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    I got a pair of those magnificent Dream ears (at WDW of course), but I love them ever so much.
    Is it random? Anyone see a pattern between where they got them at? ( Location in park ) Or which park? I want the ears badly, but haven't gotten SQUAT

• Banned User

If Disneyland is supposed to be this place where all your dreams come true, doesn't "Year of a Million Dreams" imply that not everyone's dream is going to come true considering there are only a million of them. The United States alone has 300 million people. If they go to Disneyland the cast majority of dreams won't come true.

Despite my silly analysis, it's such a stupid promotion in every single way.

So I was at Disneyland on Tuesday. I got there before the rest of my group, so I wandered over to the Opera House around 8:30 am to check out the exhibit again. There at the entrance were 4 (!) Dream Squad People congratulating me on winning a most exciting prize in the Year of a Million Dreams campaign. My prize? A lanyard with two pins on it. I can now begin my pin trading career. Oddly enough, the next dozen or so people who walked into the Opera House also were awarded the lanyards. So much for the random nature of it all. My guess is they were simply rewarding anybody who entered the 50 Years of Magic Exhibit that morning. "Thanks for venturing in. Here's a pin."

• It's all about Theme!

No!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by doobwah View Post
    So I was at Disneyland on Tuesday. I got there before the rest of my group, so I wandered over to the Opera House around 8:30 am to check out the exhibit again. There at the entrance were 4 (!) Dream Squad People congratulating me on winning a most exciting prize in the Year of a Million Dreams campaign. My prize? A lanyard with two pins on it. I can now begin my pin trading career. Oddly enough, the next dozen or so people who walked into the Opera House also were awarded the lanyards. So much for the random nature of it all. My guess is they were simply rewarding anybody who entered the 50 Years of Magic Exhibit that morning. "Thanks for venturing in. Here's a pin."
    On the prizes like the fastpasses, lanyards, and ears, they generally award 25-50 per site. The random part is the computer spits out "50 Lanyards at the Opera House entrance at 847am." So, starting at 847am, the next 50 people entering the Opera house will get Lanyards.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    It wouldn't suck to be the Spanglers who apparently won the "Park to yourself" prize online. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the "Meet the winning family" link at the site below.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...ks/en_US/index
    Thanks for the link!! It always brings tears to my eyes to see people so overwhelmed with joy when they win something great!! I entered online as well and obviously didn't win, but it did make me happy to see that family! win!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    That is what I want the most.

Someday...
    I want the ears most, too. Thanks DB for the link! Maybe I'll try the mail-in sweepstakes.

As for our family, my hubby & my mom won the dream lanyard sets on Tower of Terror when we were on the MC vacation to WDW. Of course, they immediately handed them over to me.
    <o>

I recently won pins and lanyerds while passing under the giant sorcerer's hat at DLH.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast