Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• :)

Chevron VIP lounge

Now I have read and heard / seen the outside of the Chevron VIP room, but does anybody have any pictures of it? It's located at Autopia, I know theres also one inside innoventions but by a different company, anybody?
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-20-2006 at 12:52 PM.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Re: Chevron VIP room

interesting but I have never heard of anything like that! Where is is exactly located at autopia?

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    interesting but I have never heard of anything like that! Where is is exactly located at autopia?
    It's behind a glass-panel door into which the Chevron logogram is etched and below the queue where the Pepper's Ghost dioramas play.

• former that is....

The chevron VIP room is a waste of space. I worked autopia for nearly a year, and only saw it used once. There's a nice couch inside, a restroom and usually a guy serving little snacks and refreshments. Its a nice little lounge, its just barely used. There are only a few keys that exist to that room; however, the combination of a zip tie and a rubberband will grant you access.

• official corn dog taster

a bathroom and a couch??? both things i would love to have instant access to in DL

Wow, never knew about that... I guess it's overshadowed by Club 33, the Matterhorn basketball court, the secret underground command bunker and cryogenic chamber inside the castle.

Can you see the door from the queue or ride, or is it all hidden?

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Would one get gas by actually eating at the Chevron VIP Room?

• Queen of Sarcasm

The Chevron VIP room is not all that special. Sometimes the cleaning people forgot to lock the door and part of morning checklist is checking the door and the times when they forgot to lock it we would go in there and check it out. The couch is comfortable and the bathroom hands down is the cleanest one in the park obviously because it only gets used a couple of times a year. I had only seen the room used like 5 times total in the time I worked there.

• 88 mph

can someone get a photo of where this is located? never heard of this.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Queen of Sarcasm

When you go on Autopia right before you get the station look on the left. You will see the building that you walk through to see the car dioramas. On the lower level they have a maintenance room/break room for CMs. Next the that is another door. I forget if it is a regular door or if it is frosted but that is where the VIP room is. Even if someone took a picture for you it would be nothing more that a simple door. I don't remember if the had a Chevron sign on it or not.
    Last edited by PirateChick; 12-20-2006 at 12:52 PM. Reason: mispelling

• :)

I've seen it a few times (well the outside) it's a frosted glass door with the Chevron logo cut out of the frost...It's right before the autopia CM's tell you to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Wow, never knew about that... I guess it's overshadowed by Club 33, the Matterhorn basketball court...
    You should have seen some of the VIP Lounges back in Disneyland's heyday of Park Participants. Many of the big corporations that leased or sponsored attractions and exhibits in the Park back then had really fabulous offices and VIP Lounges in the Park.

General Electric's was very nice.

AT&T's was huge and took up a sizable chunk of the CircleVision show building, sorta wrapping around the back side. It had a full...well...Living Room and Kitchen that were so nice and well appointed, that while you were in them...you would forget you were right in the middle of Disneyland! Pretty fancy and fabulous bathrooms too! Complete with shower and very nice changing room!

The windows for AT&T's Living Room are still there, I think. After AT&T (and probably Delta and PSA) that space became cubicle office space for Disneyland. Buzz's construction might have used that space, but I think the windows are still there. It's in an area way left of Ariel's Grotto opposite the Matterhorn. It's a whole row of windows behind a hedge of trees/bushes. There's actually two rows of windows separated by a door. The row closest to the Grotto was AT&T's office space (Exhibit Manager, Assistant Managers) and the row of windows furthest to the left down toward Tomorrowland Terrace and just opposite the Matterhorn, was their Living Room. The Kitchen (windowless) was just past the Living Room and had one of its walls backed up against Tomorrowland Terrace's kitchens.

AT&T's VIP Lounge hosted all the VIP's and VVIP's (like Kings, Queens, Prime Ministers, Presidents of countries etc) when they made visits to Disneyland and were on that side of the Park (Club 33 served this function on the other side of the Park). This was a courtesy agreement between AT&T and Disneyland...that when VIP's were in the Park...AT&T would allow Disneyland to use their VIP Lounge as sort of the Park's "Green Room" with AT&T and Disneyland co-hosting.

Somewhere I've got a photo of the AT&T office space, but sadly I never took a photo of the Living Room or Kitchen areas of the AT&T VIP Lounge.

It seems strange nowadays to have the corporate lounges at Disneyland, one because of space restrictions, then there aren't that many large sponsors as there used to be, and Club 33 seems to be the big VIP spot.

I know that every EPCOT pavillion has a lounge, and have seen numerous photos of GM's, AT&T's, Exxon, Kodak, etc. GE seemed to be the most interesting as it had a special ride entrance (Horizons) for the patrons and VIPs of the pavillion, the room was emptied after they quit sponsoring the attraction in 1993, but was still used for a couple of years for other things.

• Cowboy, Bear, Pirate, etc

Who are these VIP lounges supposed to be used by? [I know, VIPs!] But what I mean is, how do you get invited? Anybody know?

(Oh, and too cool about the former TL offices being a VIP lounge! Thanks for the info.)

• Queen of Sarcasm

The VIP lounge at Auto is used for Chevron higher ups when they visit the park.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast