• It's all about Theme!

Exclamation Don't you not like it when.......

You talk to people who live ten minutes from Disneyland and have NEVER seen it?
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Re: Don't you not like it when.......

I've run across this once, literally. A friend of mine who was born and raised in the San Francisco area is now living in Irvine with his spouse who is a professor at U.C., Irvine.

They both will sometimes watch from their house the fireworks, but they are reluctant to visit Disneyland, itself. And, that fact just kills me.

• Blood Type:Mint Julep!

People like that exsist? It's not just myth?
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

...people use double negatives?

(Sorry...I just had to say it. )

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    You talk to people who live ten minutes from Disneyland and have NEVER seen it?
    Nahh, I understand that totally. It's not their 'thing', and they have no desire to visit DL at all.
    -Monorail Man

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Nahh, I understand that totally. It's not their 'thing', and they have no desire to visit DL at all.
    They aren't even willing to try it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I say you should try just about everything once, unless you're absolutely sure that you won't like it or that you might hurt yourself.

It's kind of sad that some people don't want to try a theme park of all things.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Eh. At first it kinda takes me by surprise, but its not the kind of thing that keeps me up at night.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Banned User

Ive talked too a family who's lived in Irvine for 8 years and have never been to Disneyland once. That was back in 2001 when i was talking to them in line for Soarin'

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

OMG. How can you live in LA or Orange County and never go to Disneyland? It is a part of the fabric of Southern California. Not to experience it at least once is to not fully understand the LA/OC culture. This is why I am so passionate about the place. I live 20 minutes away and it is such an integral part of my life.

I am sure the people who never go are the same people who whine about how much they hate Southern California. I am sure if they went at least once, they would see something that they should be really proud about having in their own back yard. People from all over the world come to see Disneyland, and they should be very lucky it's here.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    OMG. How can you live in LA or Orange County and never go to Disneyland? It is a part of the fabric of Southern California. Not to experience it at least once is to not fully understand the LA/OC culture. This is why I am so passionate about the place. I live 20 minutes away and it is such an integral part of my life.

I am sure the people who never go are the same people who whine about how much they hate Southern California. I am sure if they went at least once, they would see something that they should be really proud about having in their own back yard. People from all over the world come to see Disneyland, and they should be very lucky it's here.
    Not everyone can afford to go though. Just because you live nearby doesnt mean you have the extra $$ to get in.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    ...people use double negatives?

(Sorry...I just had to say it. )
    Just couldn't write it any other way!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Not everyone can afford to go though. Just because you live nearby doesnt mean you have the extra $$ to get in.
    This is a legitimate reason not to go. However, like anything else, if one really wants to go, they can save up and go at least once.

There are situations that would limit people who want to go but can't. People who can't afford it is one. Another would be my parents who are just too old or too sick to go. This is different from people who simply don't want to go. These people are what I was referring to.

I know two people who both have worked at the Disney Resort Hotels for years...that have never once set foot in Disneyland! They're both very good hotel Cast Members IMHO and experience. And they have nothing against the Parks per se. It's just that neither one of them seems to have any interest in them.

I've considered using the promise of a meal at Club 33 as a lure to get them over there...but that's just too costly a proposition for a couple of people I know...but don't know that well.

I mean...I love "converting" people. But not if it's going to out-of-pocket me that much.