Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Has this happened to you?

honestly, this isn't just a problem at disneyland...this is EVERYWHERE

i can't stand walking up to pay for something and felling like i am less importiant then what becky said about joe....you know, it drives me nuts....and the sad thing is, the blasted things are everywhere you turn, you can't get away from them....eventually they are going to be implanted into our heads and then we might as well just give up.....

idea!

Disney should just make a big reception busting cloud of something over the park, then no one can ruin the magic foranyone else!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    I was trained over the weekend at one of the food locations and I was dismayed at the number of cast members using their cells phones both on stage and back stage (while on duty and not on break). I even saw a general lead on his phone, checking messages while on stage. What is wrong with this younger set? Why get a job at any place, when you are not going to show any responsibility? All the new cast members were at a meeting yesterday, with the manager talking about the disney show and right in the middle of the presentation, off goes one of the trainer's cell phones. How rude was that. I wish Disney would ban cast members from briniging their cell phones to their work locations and have them leave them in their lockers. I also remember when I was going through traditions, there was this girl who was text messaging whil the presentation was going on and the cast member asked her to please stop and pay attention to what was being said, but this girl continued until she was through texting the message. I felt like grabbing her phone and throwing it against a wall. I tell ya, no common courtesy at all with these kids, none whatsoever. It is so discouraging.

While you over-generalize perhaps a bit, I agree with you...this is a problem with life in general but I still come to expect a higher standard from Disney.

Here's some of my "old fogey" coming out...I used to come to the park, and not have contact with anyone from the outside world, for eight hours or more. If there was an earthshattering need to phone someone, I did it on my break, on a pay phone (remember them?) backstage.

I really don't know how the DL workers of my time survived. But many of us have, somehow...

Disneyland CMs...put those cell phones away while you are on duty, please.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    I wish Disney would ban cast members from briniging their cell phones to their work locations and have them leave them in their lockers.
    They do. How strongly it is enforced depends heavily on the leads and management of each department.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

I work at the resort and this is one of my pet peeves! i have seen way to many CMs even those i work with taking their phones out onstage. Now backstage, i have no problem with since we are backstage and there are no guests, i mean what if its an emercency phone call? but when you have it on stage it really bugs me. I will admit, i keep my cell with me at all times but its on silent. I never really did keep it on me until my grandfather had a heart attack a couple months ago, and i kept my cell with me, checking messages of his recovery back stage in the break rooms or bathrooms. but i would neve ever bring it out onstage. to me that is just plain awful.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Can't expect much from people who get paid $8.20 an hour. There are ones that go above the call, and assuimg they survive the grind they do fine. However, with the lengths that Disney is attempting to get CMs, this is par for the course.
    -Monorail Man

the second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

never seen it hopefully never will!

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

I say we kill him!

Yeah!

I say we hang him, then we kill him!

Yeah!

I say we scalp him!

Yeah!

Then we tattoo him!

Yeah!

Then we hang him!

Yeah!

And then we kill him!

• Do you think I'm... odd?

I don't even work where anyone can see me, and *I* never use my cellphone unless I am on my break or lunch, and sometimes not even then! That's awful! Gah... It's like when I see a CM full-bodily leaning on their pedistal-thing, not smiling, arms crossed, giving this aura of "I hate being here and I hate all of you" when I'm trying to have a magical day. (This did actually happen to me at Alice in Wonderland, I honestly wanted to note their position and time and ask to talk to their lead. But I was too nice.) If it really bugs you, you *can* do that, you can take their name and position and report it to the lead and then justice will reign down on their heads.

What bugs me is when someone's cell goes off on an attraction and they answer it and talk the entire time. Especially on something where you're all riding together like Pirates. Although how anyone can get reception on Pirates is beyond me...
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• Still wants to be a cat!

I have actually had a call come through on Pirates.....Verizon, thank goodness the entire boat was filled with Micechatters!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Island Paradise

Nope, I've never seen a CM on a personal cell...chatting or texting. Although, many times we've been on an attraction and a guest has answered his/her cell phone. The one that was most annoying was the Dad with his 2/3 year old son on Storybook. He was chatting with a business associate without any regard to the CM that was spieling.

• Banned User

They have personal lockers to keep everything backstage. you are supposed to go On-stage with NOTHING in your pockets.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I personally have never seen anything like this while I have been there. I don't think CM's should be on cell phones while on their shifts.

That being stated, when you are on Main Street for example, it would be odd to see someone talking on a cell phone. However, if "theming" is what appears to be the problem here, keep in mind that Disney sure has no problems ringing up sales in cash registers that look and function like (and actually are) computers...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I personally have never seen anything like this while I have been there. I don't think CM's should be on cell phones while on their shifts.

That being stated, when you are on Main Street for example, it would be odd to see someone talking on a cell phone. However, if "theming" is what appears to be the problem here, keep in mind that Disney sure has no problems ringing up sales in cash registers that look and function like (and actually are) computers...
    I am guessing that the registers have security protocols preventing the cm from logging out from the pos program and access other functions on that "computer" with out a cast lead permission/approval/password/ etc.

plus.....WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH HAVING A CEL PHONE ON THEIR PERSON(OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MANNER) WHILE ON STAGE??????????

• Banned User

When I worked on Main Street the gals at Blue Ribbon Bakery were notorious for being on the cell phones. But now that I work at DCA I only see people on cell phones backstage.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    They have personal lockers to keep everything backstage. you are supposed to go On-stage with NOTHING in your pockets.
    Yeah but most CMs I know, including myself, keep valuables like cell phones and small wallets in our pockets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast