Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Shredder

Re: Has this happened to you?

I've seen various CMs this visit with cell phones out and ready, it's like they're looking at the time or seeing who's texting them at the time. It's really distracting when your trying to block out the normal world and this CMs cell phone ruins the experiance that Walt battled so hard to create

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

• We wants the Redhead

I have seen this before. My sister said when she worked there (last summer) it happened all the time. I saw two CMs hanging on each other outside of pirates last month. The male CM told the Female CM that his wife was in the hospital and he had to go see her. While both of them were wrapped in each others arms. Thought it was just a little inappropriate.
    Janet
    John 3:16

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    I am guessing that the registers have security protocols preventing the cm from logging out from the pos program and access other functions on that "computer" with out a cast lead permission/approval/password/ etc.

plus.....WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH HAVING A CEL PHONE ON THEIR PERSON(OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MANNER) WHILE ON STAGE??????????
    My sister in law worked at Disneyland in the 1980's at the French Market. They still used the old-fashioned mechanical cash registers then. They used these also on Main Street.

She told me that this was because Disney did not want modern cash registers in areas that would take away from the theming. At the time the only computerized cash registers were in Tomorrowland.

It has everything to do with a CM having a cell phone on stage. You don't expect to see price scanners during turn of the 20th century America, so I highly doubt you would expect to see cell phones either.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    My sister in law worked at Disneyland in the 1980's at the French Market. They still used the old-fashioned mechanical cash registers then. They used these also on Main Street.

She told me that this was because Disney did not want modern cash registers in areas that would take away from the theming. At the time the only computerized cash registers were in Tomorrowland.

It has everything to do with a CM having a cell phone on stage. You don't expect to see price scanners during turn of the 20th century America, so I highly doubt you would expect to see cell phones either.
    that makes sense. thanx

• Namaste and Good Luck

As a lead, my managers and I would confiscate any cell phones seen on stage. We would take them into the back office until the CM's shift was over. There were times when I was on a cell phone on stage...but it wasn't my own. I would be describing pins to the wife of the cell phone owner because he didn't know the exact pin she wanted. We would also find cell phones and the owners would call them. We would answer them because they needed to find their phone. Our office didn't get a signal, so we would have to run on stage. I hated doing that, but it was necessary. I would never leave my cell phone in a locker backstage because they were so prone to theft...but I would also never leave my phone on an audible setting. Although if you look behind counters...you can see CM's reachiing under them to text msg. It happens ALL THE TIME.
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123