Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has this happened to you?

I was walking through the security tents yesterday to get into the esplanade area. There was no wait whatsoever.

When I got up to the cast member, I noticed that he was text messaging on his cell phone!!!!

When I got up to him, he put it away quickly and then once I left his eyesight, he took it out again!

Now, correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't this a huge no-no?? And then, I saw the Disney Vacations guy inside the park on his cell phone, with no one around him. I thought policy was that CM's were not allowed to use cell phones in this manner.

Are these the CM's that last less the 3 months? Or are they keeping this CMs around because they are looked at as being the "good" CMs?

Just curious to see if this had ever happened to anyone else before.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Has this happened to you?

nope.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Yes this has happened to me before. I was getting a water at the cart next to Muppets 3-D and he was on his phone. When I walked up he said, quite audibly “oh someone is here" yet he didn't get off the phone. He was on it the whole time I was there. I just thought..wow.

• Minion

CM's are not allowed to have cellphones onstage at tall. There may be an exception for managers or somethting, but I know it is a big no no. A person I know who works there almost lost their job for using it...

• Still wants to be a cat!

Nope, never seen anything like that. Hope I never do!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

I hope they catch those renagade CM's and have a nice little talk with them...I have great respect for the CM's because they do what they do...and not because they break the rules. Not very good role models for the CM's that will have take thier place/work along side them in the next couple months, yeah?

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Former Cast Member

I was trained over the weekend at one of the food locations and I was dismayed at the number of cast members using their cells phones both on stage and back stage (while on duty and not on break). I even saw a general lead on his phone, checking messages while on stage. What is wrong with this younger set? Why get a job at any place, when you are not going to show any responsibility? All the new cast members were at a meeting yesterday, with the manager talking about the disney show and right in the middle of the presentation, off goes one of the trainer's cell phones. How rude was that. I wish Disney would ban cast members from briniging their cell phones to their work locations and have them leave them in their lockers. I also remember when I was going through traditions, there was this girl who was text messaging whil the presentation was going on and the cast member asked her to please stop and pay attention to what was being said, but this girl continued until she was through texting the message. I felt like grabbing her phone and throwing it against a wall. I tell ya, no common courtesy at all with these kids, none whatsoever. It is so discouraging.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    I was trained over the weekend at one of the food locations and I was dismayed at the number of cast members using their cells phones both on stage and back stage (while on duty and not on break). I even saw a general lead on his phone, checking messages while on stage. What is wrong with this younger set? Why get a job at any place, when you are not going to show any responsibility? All the new cast members were at a meeting yesterday, with the manager talking about the disney show and right in the middle of the presentation, off goes one of the trainer's cell phones. How rude was that. I wish Disney would ban cast members from briniging their cell phones to their work locations and have them leave them in their lockers. I also remember when I was going through traditions, there was this girl who was text messaging whil the presentation was going on and the cast member asked her to please stop and pay attention to what was being said, but this girl continued until she was through texting the message. I felt like grabbing her phone and throwing it against a wall. I tell ya, no common courtesy at all with these kids, none whatsoever. It is so discouraging.

throwing the fone wouldn't be CM-like....practice! say "Ma'am, you need to get off ur cellular telephone please...BEFORE I HAVE TO PRY IT FROM YOUR COLD DEAD FINGERS BECAUSE YOU'RE RUINING THE MAGIC! HOW WILL THESE CHILDREN SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT U WERE ON A CELL PHONE DE-MYSTIFYING THEIR DAY!!!!! thank you "

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Former Cast Member

Smile Re: Has this happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    throwing the fone wouldn't be CM-like....practice! say "Ma'am, you need to get off ur cellular telephone please...BEFORE I HAVE TO PRY IT FROM YOUR COLD DEAD FINGERS BECAUSE YOU'RE RUINING THE MAGIC! HOW WILL THESE CHILDREN SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT U WERE ON A CELL PHONE DE-MYSTIFYING THEIR DAY!!!!! thank you "

GOOD ONE!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i also saw a CM at the security checkpoint checking his cell while we were leaving the park saturday night, once we got closer to where he was he slipped it into his pocket but it was still pretty obvious

honestly, is anyone's life THAT important?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by kickcows View Post
    I was walking through the security tents yesterday to get into the esplanade area. There was no wait whatsoever.

When I got up to the cast member, I noticed that he was text messaging on his cell phone!!!!

When I got up to him, he put it away quickly and then once I left his eyesight, he took it out again!

Now, correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't this a huge no-no?? And then, I saw the Disney Vacations guy inside the park on his cell phone, with no one around him. I thought policy was that CM's were not allowed to use cell phones in this manner.

Are these the CM's that last less the 3 months? Or are they keeping this CMs around because they are looked at as being the "good" CMs?

Just curious to see if this had ever happened to anyone else before.
    No but it is wrong!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Fight On for ol' SC!

CM's should never have their cell phone onstage. This should be enforced by the leads. But nevermind, the leads are about as corrupt as management. Something needs to be done.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Perhaps it was a lost CM, who was originally meant to be in Tomorrowland. If caught, they could have enigmatically proclaimed they were using technology from "The World of Tomorroowwwww".

Having never owned a mobile/cell phone, and flat out refuse to do so, I can understand the annoyance one gets when others use them in lieu of real social interaction. When you are employed to do a job in customer service, regardless of whether it is Disneyland or K-Mart or the local shop, it is poor form to be using the thing for reasons other than business during working hours. The primary focus of your job is on the customers, and you should always look as though you are ready to serve.

To answer your question, however, this hasn't happened to me at the Land of Dis, but certainly in other places.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• DCA lover

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    honestly, is anyone's life THAT important?
    I find that comment as tacky and self-absorbed as CMs using phones on stage for trivial matters.
    To answer your question, sometimes YES, it is. My job frowns upon phones at work, but you had better believe that for the week my grandfather was in the hospital DYING, I was using the phone periodically at work. I consider my life to be THAT important. Not to say that the CMs in the OP had anything important going on, but that comment struck me as just as rude.
    That being said, the conversations about last night's party or friday night's date can wait til breaktime

Nope, never happenned to me. (But I did see a huge wall of rain water almost fall on a stroller at the security tents. yes, unrelated, I know, but funnier than cell phones. )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast