Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The pride is back.

Re: Interesting Development for HKDL's small world... DLR's possible future?

Not in favor of this at all for DL...no matter how it's handled. It sounds like HKDL is going to be a different experience, though, so maybe it will work there, especially with the dearth of attractions in their FL.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I think the message of It's a Small World is tied more towards real life and humanity. To add all the fictional disney characters to the world scenes would feel demeaning to me and diminish the ride and something best serving its purpose in Storybookland like it already does.
    I agree! Sounds like another idea coming from designers or corporate that just don't get what it's all about, IMHO. Slap known characters everywhere...that's what people want! The heck with the original purpose and feel of the attraction.

This is the extent of their ideas and vision? Ugh.

I haven't seen the Stitch in Small World yet. But is he stylized in keeping with the Mary Blair/Small World design to keep the thing looking at least somewhat consistent? Or did they just drop in a regular looking sculpted Stitch?

Might as well drop Johnny Depp in there while they're at it.

• official corn dog taster

im not really a fan of this idea here at DL...but really what do i care? i never go on the ride

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by jepple View Post
    For the first time ever, more than 30 popular Disney characters, including Peter Pan, Aladdin and Mulan, will join the existing dolls to be seamlessly blended in the countries where their stories take place. Enhanced with an expanded Asia section which will include famous regional landmarks such as the Great Wall, the Temple of Heaven and the distinctive Hong Kong skyline, the attraction will also include a Middle Eastern scene and a new scene for North America something not even North America's Disney resorts enjoy!

This is great for Hong Kong! The Disneyland version really lumps all of Asia together into one tiny little patch so they really need to expand that area in BOTH small worlds!

But I'm okay with not having a North America section for us.... but it would be great to fit it in somehow. I wouldn't mind a bit. But of course with North America, it's just a melting pot of ALL countries and Mexico. They'd have one of every doll hanging out in one area. So maybe it's better to leave us off in our own version.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shubisha

Stitch is not in the normal small world. During It's a Small World Holiday in previous years(not this year), a little doll of him was in the Hawaiian section dressed as elvis riding the front of the boy's surfboard I guess.

While he's not there this year, flounder still is. In the mermaid section, there's a stocking hung for each of Ariel's sisters and in one of them santa brought a little flounder plush toy.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Just a little side note...

North America is represented in the Anaheim version, although very briefly. There is a cowboy and an indian in the finale.

Go USA!

• It's all about Theme!

I am totally against that theming. POTC was given a better storyline but that would just kill Small World!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

I'd rather have the original stay the way it is. They can do it in HKDL if they want to. It will be something unique to that park!
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12