• See you there!

Questions about parade viewing

Couple of questions about parade viewing

I have not yet seen the Christmas parade this year, and I was wondering…

I am thinking of going for the Thursday 6:30 PM run.

1. What are the crowds like this week?

I read in another thread that they are requiring folks in wheelchairs to go to the wheelchair area. I really like to see the parade from in front of the Fire Station so I can just scoot out afterwards and avoid the crowds.

2. Is it possible for me to park in front of the Fire Station (close to the curb) and see the parade there?

Or

3. Are they moving all of us in mobility devices to another location?

Thanks,

CU@DL

Andy

• A guy walks into a bar...

Re: Questions about parade viewing

I didn't address this in the other thread, but I'll address it here. As far as I know (keep in mind, its been a while since I've worked parade), they don't FORCE people to sit in the wheelchair area. If people ask where wheelchairs can watch, we suggest that they go to the wheelchair section (for Main Street/Town Square it's just outside the Magic Shop, across from The Mad Hatter). The Firehouse is actually a great place to watch the parade. It's one of the last sections to fill up, because the CM's usually wait a bit to put up that rope. As always, get there a bit early.

This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, when we enjoyed the parade (numerous times) with a wheelchair, we never viewed it from the w/c area, but rather where WE wanted to enjoy it and were comfortable. It all depends on how early you get your "spot".

No one will come and "move you away"...(unless of course, you are blocking an aisle-way)

• See you there!

Thanks SkipperStandUp and PirateMickey, for quick answers about the mobility viewing, much appreciated.

Now I just would like info about how crowded the park and parade has been this week so maybe I can have some idea what to expect should I decide to brave the traffic and go to DL on Thurs.

Thanks,

CU@DL

Andy

• A guy walks into a bar...

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL View Post
    Thanks SkipperStandUp and PirateMickey, for quick answers about the mobility viewing, much appreciated.

Now I just would like info about how crowded the park and parade has been this week so maybe I can have some idea what to expect should I decide to brave the traffic and go to DL on Thurs.
    So far, this week has been semi-busy, yet very manageable. Many of the local schools are still in session. Obviously, the closer you get to the weekend, the closer you get to Winter Break, so it should pick up a bit.

This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.