i understand if this gets deleted but i don't know where else to turn with this. I dispise the quality of half the photos that come through the photopass system. i wholeheartedly vote for retraining on all those cms. i've seen families either settle for sub par work @12.95 each or overheard comments like "i could have done better with a point and shoot" or "that came out horrible" It shouldn't be that way! it is no excuse that it's a new department with new cms, that doesn't matter to guests who trusted those photographers with their memories and end up with-just bad photos. the light at the end of this tunnel? whoever you are, cm or ap share this info with others if they plan on using photopass:
- make sure you have the photographer use your camera too for the shot as a backup.
- If it's a shot you really want, such as in front of the castle. do it mutiple times throughout the day because the changing light can make the difference in your shot.
- Just because the cms are shooting at high noon in no shade doesn't mean you should take a pic with them.
- write contact info on your photopass card so if lost you can recover. better yet write down the number on the back as a backup
- if a child raises the dead with their screaming upon seeing mickey/santa/belle do not force them to get close. the photographer most likely won't take the pic.
-Check your photos throughout the day at their viewing stations. So you can find out early "okay we need to go back and redo that one" instead of at the end of your trip when your tired
-If you pass a location where you alreadytook pictures but it's a new photographer, give them a shot if you have the time. They might turn out better than the last one you worked with.
*jumps off her soap box*