• shutter bug

Sad photopass complaint don't know where else to turn

i understand if this gets deleted but i don't know where else to turn with this. I dispise the quality of half the photos that come through the photopass system. i wholeheartedly vote for retraining on all those cms. i've seen families either settle for sub par work @12.95 each or overheard comments like "i could have done better with a point and shoot" or "that came out horrible" It shouldn't be that way! it is no excuse that it's a new department with new cms, that doesn't matter to guests who trusted those photographers with their memories and end up with-just bad photos. the light at the end of this tunnel? whoever you are, cm or ap share this info with others if they plan on using photopass:
    - make sure you have the photographer use your camera too for the shot as a backup.
    - If it's a shot you really want, such as in front of the castle. do it mutiple times throughout the day because the changing light can make the difference in your shot.
    - Just because the cms are shooting at high noon in no shade doesn't mean you should take a pic with them.
    - write contact info on your photopass card so if lost you can recover. better yet write down the number on the back as a backup
    - if a child raises the dead with their screaming upon seeing mickey/santa/belle do not force them to get close. the photographer most likely won't take the pic.
    -Check your photos throughout the day at their viewing stations. So you can find out early "okay we need to go back and redo that one" instead of at the end of your trip when your tired
    -If you pass a location where you alreadytook pictures but it's a new photographer, give them a shot if you have the time. They might turn out better than the last one you worked with.
    thank you
    *jumps off her soap box*
    the sleepy coco has spoken

• It's all nonsense

Re: photopass complaint don't know where else to turn

I'm not seeing how this has to do with the Photopass service. It's not the service, but the photographers that is the problem here.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    I'm not seeing how this has to do with the Photopass service. It's not the service, but the photographers that is the problem here.
    Agreed.
    And, if theres a complaint its always best to go to City Hall and let them know what you think.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Senior Minion

Well, I wouldn't call it a Photopass complaint, but more of a photographer complaint. And I have to admit that the pictures taken at the park have turned out well for me so far. Added to that I really enjoy the convenience of the Photopass system to get my pictures at a later date.

That said, I have to say that you offer some very good suggestions to get even better pictures of your trip to Disneyland. I think I will be using some of your ideas on my next trip!

• official corn dog taster

i just bring my own camera...and have a stranger take the photo...problem solved and i save 12 bucks

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by audibleatom View Post
    i just bring my own camera...and have a stranger take the photo...problem solved and i save 12 bucks
    Yup, and CM's are always willing to take pics with personal cameras. I took a pic with Santa at GCH with my sister and the CM took a picture with my camera and with hers and I couldn't get the pic from the photopass sight with the code so I'm glad I had my camera.

AMEN!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

I don't even bring a camera, I just run away with other people's camera when they ask me to take a photo...problem solved and I don't need to haul a camera around all day.

• Banned User

I've never had a problem with the CM photographers, they're always more than happy to take many different angles and they're always there so you can plan whenever you want your picture done.

However, I never buy pictures. I always bring my own camera and ask a regular CM or another person to take a picture of me.

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    Yup, and CM's are always willing to take pics with personal cameras. I took a pic with Santa at GCH with my sister and the CM took a picture with my camera and with hers and I couldn't get the pic from the photopass sight with the code so I'm glad I had my camera.

Well not all of them In WDW. I really wanted a picture with King Louie in AK and the CM said no he dosent take pictures with digital cameras only the diposable ones. He was the character host. I was livid.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    The Photographers ARE the service. They go hand in hand. If there's a problem with the quality of the photos the photographers are taking - then there's a problem with the system.

I've only used the system once and I was satisfied with the result. However these were night photographs and those are among the hardest to take. Since Disney seems to not like the use of big tripods in the park - and since 95% of the guest passing by wouldn't have any CLUE how to take a long exposure shot - I don't see any alternative.

I'd like to see some of the pictures to see exactly what is wrong with them. I would guess that the photographers are just as skilled - if not a little more so - than your average tourists or casual photo taker. I'd like to see exactly what constitutes "low quality".

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Sure...I've had a CM or two that couldn't take a picture to save their life, but the majority of the time, I come away with great pictures on my PhotoPass card. During my anniversary weekend, Hubster and I actuall PAID for printouts of two pictures because they turned out so great. And I ordered another picture from the PhotoPass website for Mumster when we got our pic taken at the GCH...it turned out so nice.
    Keep getting photos...you'll come away with some nice shots eventually.