• Banned User

Question Where to watch fireworks..

I'm taking my mom to the parks tomorrow night for the parade and fireworks. She doesn't do well with crowds and I was wondering where I should have us watch fireworks from. It gets so crowded and compact around the castle.. how is the viewing and crowd from Main Street? Is it possible to sit on the curb on Main Street and see everything? I want to make sure she sees the castle effects so I don't want to go too far. Thanks for any help

I just realised, I live off of Main Street.. not the one in Disneyland but it has the same name lol

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Okay, I'm eagerly awating these responses... this is exact same question I was wondering!! And for the same reason, too. My mom really wants to see the new fireworks show, but I don't know where the best place would be to let her see it. I don't really want to make her sit on the ground. The only place I've seen it was right in between the hub and the castle, which was awesome but I think too crowded for her and everyone was sitting down. I'm willing to stake out a place for a long time, but would also like her to be able to leave to the bathroom or somewhere else and be able to get back to us.

I've seen in other threads some people say it's better from the Main Street side of the hub. I'm just wondering if you get the full effect of the castle light show there too!?

:confused:
    --Jonathan

• OM NOM NOM

Yay, I'm the first to answer this thread question!

A good spot for the fireworks must have 3 things:

1) A full view of the castle, from top to bottom.
    2) A view of at least 1/4 of the matterhorn.
    3) A full view of the sky to the left of the castle.

Don't let anybody give you any of this Coke Corner nonsense. The best spots for viewing are here:

If this area seems unfamiliar to you, it is the northeast quarter of the hub. Most of this area fulfills all three qualifiers. Also, if you want a spot on the sidewalk, get there EARLY. Good Luck!
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Rat Tat Tat.

I hear if you take the the last 50th tour of the day you get preferred seating for the fireworks, which leads me to believe you either get seats or a special roped off area (not sure) which I'm sure would be less congested than everywhere else. However, it comes at a price, $55 I believe.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    We watched with a one year old from the train platform overlooking Main street. Sound was great, as was the entire show, except Tink was bit tiny off in the distance... There are benches there to sit, if you arrive 45 minutes or so early, and you look down on the crowd nicely. Also if you Plan to Escape right after, #1 you are near the Exit or #2 Get on the Train and avoid walking up Main street to Fastasmic or another part of the park..
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries
    I'm actually fond of the Carnation Plaza. If you get there early, (I went over an hour before the show and the spot I wanted was taken), the perfect table is on the side closest to the Astro Orbiters, right on the "corner" of the seating area. There's a perfectly clear spot where you can fully see the castle, get a clear view of the sky, and also see the materhorn. But now that I've told you I'm going to have to kill you...just don't fight me for it when I come looking for my table! :devil:

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    We watched with a one year old from the train platform overlooking Main street. Sound was great, as was the entire show, except Tink was bit tiny off in the distance... There are benches there to sit, if you arrive 45 minutes or so early, and you look down on the crowd nicely. Also if you Plan to Escape right after, #1 you are near the Exit or #2 Get on the Train and avoid walking up Main street to Fastasmic or another part of the park..
    I dunno...

While that IS a great spot, I would recommend it only to people who have seen the show before. It is difficult to see tink or the castle effects, and those benches are preferred seating.

If you are only interested in seeing the laser effects, however, by all means go there.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

For me, anywhere that is dead center perpendicular to the castle but no further back than 100 feet or so from the hub is great. Personally, I do not like being on the right or left side of the hub. There are so much of the show that is layered with fireworks being shot off from various parts of the park. If you're not dead center, then you're not going to see the show the way it was envisioned by the designer. Most important...

* Dead center
    * Able to see top half of Materhorn
    * Able to see all of castle

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara

Don't let anybody give you any of this Coke Corner nonsense. The best spots for viewing are here:

If this area seems unfamiliar to you, it is the northeast quarter of the hub. Most of this area fulfills all three qualifiers. Also, if you want a spot on the sidewalk, get there EARLY. Good Luck!
    Thanks for the criteria and the aerial photo map. Now I know where to head when I come out in July. Hopefully one of the evening MiceChat Meetups will be to see the fireworks. Can you stand in the street after the parade is over and before the fireworks begin? :confused:
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan
    Can you stand in the street after the parade is over and before the fireworks begin? :confused:
    Yes, if it's in the right area (not where they put the ropes up to allow pathways across the hub).

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara

MAN you Rock...