Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Santa Barbara, CA

Re: Your Host Walt Disney - Got mine today and....

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    C.O.

I almost fell for that one. Not that you would ever joke around.

(But I'm sure you could still convince me that story is true!)

As far as I know..It is true. At least the man who told me the story firsthand got me to believe it! I know i've been known to "reskin a few Matterhorn's" but this one is too tame to be faux.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Still lost in Neverland

I ordered mine from Amazon's Market Place. Brand new, still unopened for $16.76. Lowest price around as far as I can see. They will ship next week. I don't care, it's ordered and I don't have to ride a bus all over the city looking for it and trying to find who has the lowest prices. This is the one I wanted most out of the new Treasures. Now if the second wave of the "Legacy" series would just come out. I want "Myth and Magic of Disneyland" and the Salvador Dali one.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Santa Barbara, CA

i switched pricetags and got mine for 8.99, i hope some guy doesn't end up buying whitening toothpaste for 29.98
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    i switched pricetags and got mine for 8.99, i hope some guy doesn't end up buying whitening toothpaste for 29.98
    I hope you're joking.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disney worshipper/geek

That is so funny. Being home for Christmas, I'm not checking the board very much, and I just got mine today as well. Except I have to wait for Christmas. It was on sale at Costco, and I've never seen it to buy in person!
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I hope you're joking.
    I do too. Who buys whitening toothpaste for $8.99?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Bought mine at the Ventura Target store last night - $24.99. So far I've watched only the first couple of discs.

I also loved the Kodak spots with the Nelsons. Harriett's sales pitch had me ready to go out and buy a Brownie.

Loved some of the scenes from Disneyland '59. And the dialogue and acting in "Backstage Party" is so stilted that is "camp".

We didn't have a color TV set in our family until I was 14. My parents would look at shows on our black and white and said, gee that must be beautiful in color.

So it was a real treat on those occasional Sunday evenings when we visited our Aunt's house, and I was allowed to watch the Disney show, in color.

Still gives me chills to see that opening sequence of "Wonderful World Of Color".

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I also loved the Kodak spots with the Nelsons. Harriett's sales pitch had me ready to go out and buy a Brownie.

--Barry
    and seeing the price of that "Brownie" was a jaw dropper to me too.Wishing the electronics that I will ever want was the same price as that "Brownie" there.

• Delawarean Girl

Yes, I got my copy of "Your Host, Walt Disney" just this week and yes I love as well as all the Disney Treasures that I have collected. I don't collect everyone,btw. Only the ones that I have a interest with Disney.

*pss - My sigs can give you a hint of the type of Disney Treasures I have gotten*

But anyway; It's hard to pick my favorite that was shown on "Your Host,Walt Disney". I love them all.

• Sock Puppet

I have collected all of them thus far.

But I have not seen any of the newest ones because I don't have them yet.

Christmas is in a few hours. Maybe then... Lot's of hints dropped...

• Minion

Great set, one of my favorites yet! So entertaining. I just love the 4th Anniversary Show and Backstage Party and I Captured the King of the Leprechauns - - and Disneyland 59 is so cool, I felt as if I were there.

I do wish they would restore all the episodes or strike new prints or use the negative to master though - Backstage Party is extremely faded and contrasty from an old TV print (the blues are missing). I know the original looks better...

One Man's Dream or The Walt Disney Story would have been good on here too - - also the Walt Disney Christmas Show 1952 (I hope that makes it into the Peter Pan set), A Rag, a Bone, a Box of Junk, Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair and Title Makers would have been good additional choices for this subject - - hopefully there's a Volume 2! Hell, there should be a complete DVD set of the Walt era TV Anthology episodes - - we need these!

I also want some Ludwig Von Drake sets.

• Senior Minion

^^ I agree I would love to see some Ludwig Von Drake sets as well.
    Watched "Your Host" last night, enjoyed every minute of it.
    I thought this edition was a little short and there could have been a couple more episodes.

As for the little things: It was nice to see the Limited Edition DVD numbers inside and the added photo of Walt Disney.

Some of the film quality could have been better. With all the technology that is out there for saving and preserving film, it can be done. I realize that "father time" can erode and damage these overtime.

I will say, "I Captured the Leprechaun" looked really well done.
    It's nice to own these for viewing at anytime.
    I look forward to every edition of the Treasure series.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 12-28-2006 at 02:10 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

>>Some of the film quality could have been better. With all the technology that is out there for saving and preserving film, it can be done. I realize that "father time" can erode and damage these overtime.<<

I'll bet the negatives are fine, but they were too cheap to strike new elements, using whatever old prints on hand to telecine.

I do fear for the future of these TV programs, though, as they don't seem to have been included in the restoration programs that preserved the animated shorts and features for posterity. The clock may be ticking here and I hope Bob becomes aware of it. There are a lot of people trying to cover their butts in this arena and not spend the money needed. It needs to become a priority in the Bob era.

• Sock Puppet

The only excuse for putting the Tencennial show on yet ANOTHER DVD set which most of us already own is if they were going to include the uncut show.

The first time they put this show on DVD, in the Disneyland USA set, they cut most of the Tiki room show out so they wouldn't have to pay royalties on the songs.

They've put exactly the same damn cut version on this new DVD and it's inexcusable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123