Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Collision speed....FULL!

Exclamation ROCKET JETS and SPACE MOUNTAIN spotted in "MEET THE ROBINSONS"! Screenshot included!

I was watching a preview for Disney's new movie "Meet the Robinsons" on the Pirates 2 DVD when in the corner of my eye I spotted the Rocket Jets in a futuristic scene. I played it back, and the next time I noticed Space Mountain.

These are cool references!

• Banned User

Re: ROCKET JETS and SPACE MOUNTAIN spotted in "MEET THE ROBINSONS"! Screenshot includ

That scene was actually forced into the movie by Disney's marketing team in the hopes that, should the movie turn out to be even moderatly sucessful, they could create a cheap Meet the robinsons ride in tomorrowland. The movie also featurs a hip punk rock version of "great big beautiful tomorrow".

Pretty disgusting if you ask me. Although this was all done before the Pixar buyout so although that scene and the song will still be in the movie. I hope the synergy people have less control over future animated features.

• It's all about Theme!

Re: ROCKET JETS and SPACE MOUNTAIN spotted in "MEET THE ROBINSONS"! Screenshot includ

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    That scene was actually forced into the movie by Disney's marketing team in the hopes that, should the movie turn out to be even moderatly sucessful, they could create a cheap Meet the robinsons ride in tomorrowland. The movie also featurs a hip punk rock version of "great big beautiful tomorrow".

Pretty disgusting if you ask me. Although this was all done before the Pixar buyout so although that scene and the song will still be in the movie. I hope the synergy people have less control over future animated features.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Wow, that's interesting. Is this information from a reliable source?
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Collision speed....FULL!

The movie also featurs a hip punk rock version of "great big beautiful tomorrow".
    [sarcasm] Great [/sarcasm]

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    [sarcasm] Great [/sarcasm]
    Wonderful [Even More Sarcasm]
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• The one, the only...

In this era of "synergy," where every division of Disney is supposed to help the profits of every other division, I am not surprised that the references to Tomorrowland are "forced" into the picture. Frankly, when I see those references, I think of OLD Tomorrowland. The one before 1998 when it was screwed up by Disney Management. That was when Tomorrowland really was about the future.

I really want Meet the Robinsons to do well, but I don't want a ride in Tomorrowland from the movie. That would be just weird! Just bring back a Tomorrowland that really is about the future, a really cool future.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Can Only Wish For More!

Maybe we'll get the Rocket Jets back?!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

^ I wish.... but the astro jets aren't too much different... same thing actuall, just gold paint...

• n/a

Personally I think it's funny!

Just because Disney takes a stab at itself it doesn't mean that a change is coming. Take Lester's Possum Park from A Goofy Movie for example. If anything we lost the attraction that it parodied soon after.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I still find it unny...calling it today lad....is actually them mocking there own troubled land.....it is like the middle child of the lands....stuck between main street and fantasyland...lol

• n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III View Post
    I still find it unny...calling it today lad....is actually them mocking there own troubled land.....it is like the middle child of the lands....stuck between main street and fantasyland...lol
    The joke is that "Todayland" is located in what is considered our future.

ha

ha

I'm dead inside.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Where did this info come from? Everyone at WDFA that I have talked to said it was a joke they tossed about when this film was in pre-production that they kept because everyone loved it. This is really no different then putting it's a small world in Lion King as a tribute to the parks, but making fun of pop culture at the same time.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Hooterville, USA

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    ^ I wish.... but the astro jets aren't too much different... same thing actuall, just gold paint...
    yea for the most part , but when i was at WDW in October , i can tell you there is a world of difference between riding the astro orbiter on the ground at the entrance of tommorowland , and riding the rocket jets up high on the platform like they are meant to be ridden at WDW

My Maleficent tattoo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast