Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Land Ideas?

• Minion

New Land Ideas?

O.k. So it seems pretty obvious for a few years now that the idea of Tomorrowland just isn't working. It's a very hard land to maintain as far as keeping ahead of the times and no matter what they do it will require constant work in order to keep things futuristic. So bottom line is there shouldn't even be a Tomorrowland. ( Please keep the flaming to a minimum).

So, with this valuable piece of property now open for something new, what are some ideas for an entirely new land?

Oh and by the way.....I know this won't happen. This is purely a conversation piece. I don't want to hear ideas on how to improve Tomorrowland. That is not the focus of this thread. I want to see what NEW land could replace the current location of Tomorrowland.

Let's discuss!

Re: New Land Ideas?

I know it's not what you are looking for, but DL needs Tommorowland. Adventure, Fantasy, Western, and Sci-Fi are all equals and compliment eachother. The only genre that is missing is horror, which I don't see Disney willing to explore for an entire land.

So, if anything is changed, just remove Tommorowland and make it sci-fi land.

• Minion

Good idea.

• n/a

Yeah... depressing, saying that there's no Tomorrow...
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Minion

I don't understand why Disney doesn't tap into more of the colorful sci-fi imagery we've seen in literature and movies. It doesn't have to look like the "real future", any more than Fronteirland has to look exactly like the "real" old west. I thought it might be fun if they kind of used the TV series Futurama as a model for TL - not directly, of course, since its not a Disney property - but there's a fun kind of cartoony retro future look they could use.

Another idea I had was to have a big facade like the one with the sky/sunset they have at the end of Hollywood Boulevard in DCA, except that it would have planets and sci-fi things.

• ...TWO BITS!

I know from other readings a few would have liked to see (once Finding nemo gets too old of an attraction) to have MBC and Sub Lagoon for a new land. Probably water themed...

I'm mixed on that, but most a "no".

As far as a new land else where in the park, Liberty Square in Festival Arena (check out my signature link). BUT i'm kind of rejecting it now.

DL needs a TL/Sci-fi land. And it doesn't have to be entirely space-aged themed. There's other things "tomorrow" besides space exploration.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    It's a very hard land to maintain as far as keeping ahead of the times and no matter what they do it will require constant work in order to keep things futuristic. So bottom line is there shouldn't even be a Tomorrowland.
    Trying to keep things futuristic is never going to work, although I'd like to see some life pumped back into TL. I feel that a Finding Nemo themed Subs is already out of date.

Have you seen anything of DLP? They've gone all Jules Verne. They have Subs based on 2000 leagues, Space Mountain is From the Earth to the Moon. Everything is themed retro sci-fi. I haven't been there in person but it sounds like an idea.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Most all of Disneyland is imaginary and has timeless and non-descript settings. The original 1955 Tomorrowland featured attractions inspired by such classic science-fiction stories as 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. So, this idea that Disneyland's Tomorrowland needs to be another EPCOT attempting to predict our own future makes little sense.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    Trying to keep things futuristic is never going to work, although I'd like to see some life pumped back into TL. I feel that a Finding Nemo themed Subs is already out of date.

Have you seen anything of DLP? They've gone all Jules Verne. They have Subs based on 2000 leagues, Space Mountain is From the Earth to the Moon. Everything is themed retro sci-fi. I haven't been there in person but it sounds like an idea.
    Not quite. They have a sub, not subs, and it is a walkthrough attraction. Le Visionarium has been replaced by Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, and Space Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon has been redone as Space Mountain: Mission 2. Discoveryland was the basis for Tomorrowland 98. I don't think Discoveryland will be seen again based on Discoverland's current direction, the failure of Tomorrowland 98, and the look of Hong Kong Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

Personally I agree that a sci-fi theme would work the best. The problem though, is going to be proper balance. Everything needs to seem plausable. I think if plausability is stretched too far Disneyland will end up with a Tomorrowland too much like Magic Kingdom's.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Not quite. They have a sub, not subs, and it is a walkthrough attraction. Le Visionarium has been replaced by Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, and Space Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon has been redone as Space Mountain: Mission 2. Discoveryland was the basis for Tomorrowland 98. I don't think Discoveryland will be seen again based on Discoverland's current direction, the failure of Tomorrowland 98, and the look of Hong Kong Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

Personally I agree that a sci-fi theme would work the best. The problem though, is going to be proper balance. Everything needs to seem plausable. I think if plausability is stretched too far Disneyland will end up with a Tomorrowland too much like Magic Kingdom's.
    Discoveryland at Disneyland Paris should change its name to "Tomorrowland". There should be greater consistency among The Magic Kingdoms regarding elements such as these.

• Minion

I had an idea of a villians themed land. I know there was an idea for an entire park for villians but since that will probebly never happen, at least a land idea might work.

• Hooterville, USA

How about Fix-it Land?...................aka DCA.

Stroller Land?................................always wear high backed shoes.

Rude people Land...........................always crowded!

Flash photography land?..................everything is mirrored.

Big boobs land?..............................personal favorite.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I like the idea someone said in another thread about a Discoveryland area. Why not just change the name of Tomorrowland to Discoveryland?

Maybe change Autopia to a discovery mission where you're in the driver's seat and it's your quest to discover items along the way for your expedition? This would keep the car theme going, but at the same time incorperating a discovery/interactive element.

And with Discoveryland activated, Space Mountain would fit in, Innoventions would fit (even though I'd like to see it go), PeopleMover could work since it's discovering new modes of transportation, Star Tours would work since you could be discoverying new creatures and lands, and I guess with the stretch of the imagination Buzz could work as well (even though I'd like to see this ride leave as well.)

...Joe...

• My Boss Has No Idea

Land of the Lost

(Dun... Da, Da, Dun, Duuuunn)

COMING IN THE YEAR 2020

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    I like the idea someone said in another thread about a Discoveryland area. Why not just change the name of Tomorrowland to Discoveryland?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Call me old fashioned, but I like the name tomorrowland as it is. It doesn't need the change, the attractions do.

But more power to Paris for having it called Discoveryland.

Wasn't there talk of a Discovery Bay?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast