Thread: Petition?

Talking Petition?

I've been reading a lot of Disney fan websites and noticed people talking about casting issues, lack of pay, turnover rates, etc and was wondering...why don't these websites petition the Resort about these issues? I guess petition is not a good word but to tell them how unsatisfied you (as a guest) are with their treatment of CMs. I am a CM and cannot do this nor would I want to because I already know the answer (I have tried and felt like an idiot for trying. Please don't ask). I have always wondered why the online community hasn't done this. Maybe it has happened before but to me, the Resort seems to be in worse shape now than ever before. Heck, I didn't even know we had a NEW President of the Resort! And from what Iíve read from newspaper interviews and posts...ya not good. Disneyland did their survey for cast members, which to me is a joke because they won't change anything. But since Disneyland is a "guest oriented business", having a guest tell them would make much more of an impression than CMs. Knowing that a guest can see these issues is bad enough.

Yes, there are times I hate working at Disneyland (almost 4 years) because of the way management treats us and some other issues I cannot discuss. But if management started treating its cast members with a little more respect, better pay and competitive benefits maybe more people would stay and maybe the quality of CMs will go up. I know I would feel more respected because now I feel like some stupid kid who makes money for a company that doesnít appreciate me. Sorry if I ranted but this is a question I always wanted to know and wanted you to know what one CM thinks. Thank you in advance for your comments. And thank you for caring about us cast members.

• Comin' at ya!

Re: Petition?

I agree that the quality of the CM's seem to be going down hill. I think they need to treat you guys with more respect and better pay, they make soooooo much money they can afford it. I would like to work in DL someday, it's my dream But i'll wait till i'm already financially secure.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by bobsledbob View Post
    I've been reading a lot of Disney fan websites and noticed people talking about casting issues, lack of pay, turnover rates, etc and was wondering...why don't these websites petition the Resort about these issues? I guess petition is not a good word but to tell them how unsatisfied you (as a guest) are with their treatment of CMs. I am a CM and cannot do this nor would I want to because I already know the answer (I have tried and felt like an idiot for trying. Please don't ask). I have always wondered why the online community hasn't done this. Maybe it has happened before but to me, the Resort seems to be in worse shape now than ever before. Heck, I didn't even know we had a NEW President of the Resort! And from what Iíve read from newspaper interviews and posts...ya not good. Disneyland did their survey for cast members, which to me is a joke because they won't change anything. But since Disneyland is a "guest oriented business", having a guest tell them would make much more of an impression than CMs. Knowing that a guest can see these issues is bad enough.

Yes, there are times I hate working at Disneyland (almost 4 years) because of the way management treats us and some other issues I cannot discuss. But if management started treating its cast members with a little more respect, better pay and competitive benefits maybe more people would stay and maybe the quality of CMs will go up. I know I would feel more respected because now I feel like some stupid kid who makes money for a company that doesnít appreciate me. Sorry if I ranted but this is a question I always wanted to know and wanted you to know what one CM thinks. Thank you in advance for your comments. And thank you for caring about us cast members.
    It is just so hard for the average guest to make a huge impact, I mean it takes a huge amount of people to bring about change to the parks! A lot of complaints when a person visits the parks may bring about change, but sitting at home and writing letters and petitions will give you the same partially pre-fabricated letter from Guest Relations. If we had a bunch of formal guest complaints to the park at the city hall and some media focus it could bring about change. If you had someone who works well with someone close to the Disney Company, you could probably be able to talk to them about the issues you see if you had them pull a few strings. But yes, the average impact of a single guest talking out for those CM's and other issues is sometimes worthless. It's sad, but the way life works with such a big company and resort!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Minion

I hate to sound so bleak and negative but nothing will change. I work for a major wireless provider and our turnover rate here at our call center is the highest is the company. We hire 20 people and 17 will be gone within 3 months. A while back they sent out a survey to try and find out the reason for why we are leaving and the number one answer given....rate of pay is not competetive with other companies. Our competitor starts their employees at 2-3 dollars more per hour than we get, possibly even more. We even had a mass meeting where we all had a chance to voice out our opinions to all the head cheese in our region and all they could do was smile and nod.

Disneyland KNOWS the answer to their problem. They are VERY aware of the cure for the disease. They simply chose to just sit and wait and see if it gets better. Kinda like a reluctant person who has an obvious medical condition but refuses to see a doctor to get treated. They just let it get worse thinking that fate will find a way.

• Fastest Man Alive

There is no need for a petition. Through surveys and mystery guest visits Disney knows or will soon know that the quality of CMs on average in their employ is not what it used to be. Once that starts affecting their bottom line, only then will such information be acted upon. So far the decrease in CM quality has not affected business. What has affected business is that the Dreams.. campaign is a poor followup to the 50th.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I don't know...those that are in charge seem utterly oblivious to the obvious answer. They know their CMs are unhappy, but they just won't face the bottom line. They've held surveys for all these CMs that have quit...and they offer them money to do it. If they're going to shell out $100 for every CM that quits...hmm...I'd say that money should be going to the ones that are still working, but they don't seem to understand that one.

We've all made uproars about it on this site. We know they read what we say...but they're ignoring the truth.

I don't know how much more can be done.

• Banned User

if disney were a little more flexible with their hours that might help. They could get college kids and other people who want to work part time with flexible schedule. IN florida there are alot of semi retired people who work for busch gardens or sea world and even WDW. but busch entertainment and universal will work around school schedules and such. DIsney doesn't you work when they need you not when you are available. IT's very simple, at the beginning of the term the student gives manager his scheduled availability for those months and then management makes a schedule based on it. It's not hard to do either. DLR should be able to do something like that and they would not only have happier cms but keep them longer because they are willing to work with employees.