Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Disney Vacation Club.....too many booths!

The booths detract from one's enjoyment of the very thing they're selling.

None of the booths should be positioned inside The Magic Kingdom.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    I'm waiting for the Disney Stock Purchase cart to start appearing.
    And that sums it up! --End of Line--
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    When we were there this last weekend there were no one at the booths, what I dont understand why would you go to Disneyland to plan your next vacation when your on vacation?
    Funny you should say that. I was in WDW this past summer and we purchased DVC and I was planning for this next summer while I was on the plane home from my last vacation.

Needless to say, I'm wishing, dreaming, and I will keep on believing for a DVC resort in Disneyland!!!

• Defying gravity

The cart that bothers me the most is the one in NOS...completely out of place and out of space.

The one in Tomorrowland doesn't distract from the natural surroundings and is given plently of space.

• n/a

Possible scenarios on why there's more than one.

"Awe, I wanted to join the club, but this booth is PACKED... better find another one."

"Pfft, those carts on Main St and Fantasyland are lame, who would want to buy a vacation while on vac... HEY THAT ONE HAS GOOFY AS AN ASTRONAUT! I gots to buy me a vacation!"
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    How can it be the best kept secret, when it is EVERYWHERE?????
    Every time I pass a DVC booth, which is often, I get a big laugh out of this very thing! Who is Disney kidding? No one is going to sign up for their vacation club because they think it's secretive (well actually who does anyway, but that's beside the point); it's a booth for cryin' out loud. Secrets usually mean you don't advertise it. Honestly...about six months back I got a letter in the mail screaming "IT'S THE BEST KEPT DISNEY SECRET!!! GET THE INSIDE SCOOP, INSIDE!" Obviously the tagline must be some sort of joke, and that's why I treat it as one.

I'm vouching for the worst kept Disney secret. Personally, I'd prefer it if it were kept hush-hush, so I wouldn't keep tripping over those gigantic cubes with pictures of hotels on them.

• Animatronic

Just putting 4 booths up is hardly the traditional way of selling time shares. Disney needs to convert the Opera House into Great Moments with Time Shares and force every entering guest to sit through it before being allowed into the park. Once in the park, Cast Members would give away extra special gifts to every guest they see. "Here's your Dole Whip, and you're a winner! Here's your prize, a card which entitles you to buy an exciting time share!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    How can it be the best kept secret, when it is EVERYWHERE?????

Many of us DVCers have been wondering that ourselves!

The booths are everywhere in WDW, and from what I am reading here in DL as well.

Personally, I'd love a DLR DVC resort. I'd wish they'd build that before they add onto the AKL. It would allow me and many others to visit DLR more frequently. Right now, it's just more economical for me to visit WDW. And although I love WDW, I love DLR too! Exchanging points into the DLR hotels isn't a good exchange IMHO.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

Has anyone seen the new Disneyland brochures that are distributed to hotel lobbies?

They prominently feature the booth locations on each map and present them as if they are attractions.

What in the world are these people thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Has anyone seen the new Disneyland brochures that are distributed to hotel lobbies?

They prominently feature the booth locations on each map and present them as if they are attractions.

What in the world are these people thinking?
    Well in the past, DVC has pretty much sold itself by just being visible around the WDW resort. It's a very low pressure sales, practically non-existant really. Our guide was happy to talk with us and answer our questions, but he wasn't upset or annoyed when we told him we had to go home and think about it. I'm not sure how it is selling right now. We bought in years ago. Putting more booths in is just increasing its visibility and therefore hopefully increasing sales.

I'm guessing those of you who frequent DL just aren't used to seeing the booths as those of us who frequent WDW.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Sock Puppet

The booths are awful eyesores--they're in all the hotels and parks in Walt Disney World and they just stink up the place.

Ditto for Disneyland, and they wouldn't be there if they were planning on building a DVC resort in Anaheim soon.

Say goodbye to the Paradise Pier Hotel ... they're going to demolish it and build a DVC resort in that space.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12