• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust

Blackout Ticket & Discounts?

My family wants to go to the park 12/27. How much is the ticket if it's a black out day for me?

Where is the best discount for my family? The one day one park ticket is $68. Do you think that's the best price we can get?

There are 3 adults and 5 children in my family. (ages 64, 44, 34, 8, 5, 4, 2, and 3 months)
    I sure would like a break on the price if anyone knows.

Thanks everyone. I know I have contacted the experts!
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

• I love loop jokes.

Re: Blackout Ticket & Discounts?

I believe if you have an AP it's $30 to get in on a blackout day. The 2 year old and 3 month old can get in for free.

• Rock Star Minion

It will be a zoo. How about going to The Zoo instead?

Do note that DL is not worth the full single-day price to most people. Adding 70,000 other people certainly would require a love of crowds.
    If you can get to Costco, you can get four days over the next 11 months for about $129. One park only each day. So, it would depend on whether all of your party will want to go four times over the next 11 months.
    No, you can't split the four days among your guest. Each would have to get one. (Except the wee folk.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Defying gravity

Wow! That's a lot of money just to go to the park for one day. My advice would just be to wait until your AP is valid. Maybe think of upgrading to a premium for Christmas....

• Mouse Lounge Podcast Host

Going to DL the week after Christmas can be a great time regardless of the crowd, but it requires some hustle.

Arrive early arrive early arrive early! Did I mention arrive early? If your immediate response is to come up with a rationalization why that's not possible, than be prepared for elbow to elbow conditions and unbelievable lines throughout the day. Take the advice of the previous poster and go to the zoo instead.

If however you can be at the turnstiles thirty to forty minutes before the park opens, you'll have accomplished what most cannot (or will not) and will enjoy an hour or two of easy touring. You'll do more in those two hours than those arriving at 10am will do during the rest of the entire day!

Which leads nicely into my final point, know what you want to do. You CAN buy books that take you attraction for attraction in the most efficient manner possible. However, if you're in the park at 8am and don't spend time mulling over a map figuring out what to do next then while the rest of the crowds are jostling for position in a two hour line for Splash Mountain, you and your party will be taking in live entertainment and enjoying the spectacular ambiance of the Magic Kingdom at it's most...magical.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TINK23 View Post
    My family wants to go to the park 12/27. How much is the ticket if it's a black out day for me?

Where is the best discount for my family? The one day one park ticket is $68. Do you think that's the best price we can get?

There are 3 adults and 5 children in my family. (ages 64, 44, 34, 8, 5, 4, 2, and 3 months)
    I sure would like a break on the price if anyone knows.

Thanks everyone. I know I have contacted the experts!
    Anyone belong to a credit union? They have the lowest prices usually.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Also Military Discount you can get too. I get a 3 Day hopper for 115$

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

But I think you need to purchase them on base ...

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust

Thanks to everyone that responded. I appreciate your help. BTW The Costco tickets are still available. My mom is getting one tomorrow.
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever