• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

Pirates Event at WDW (what about Disneyland)

I see that WDW will host the event for the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie:

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...WPirate07.html

Does anyone know if it will be at Disneyland again (as well)???

• Banned User

Re: Pirates Event at WDW (what about Disneyland)

You can't go to it anyway. Why do you care? It's a huge disrespect to paying guests to have an exclusive and obtrusive event right in the middle of the park, and close the park early on top of that.

Walt Disney World has way more space for this kind of thing and I'm glad they moved it there.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I'm sure the actual premere will be at Disneyland again. From what has been said before, the new pirate additions to TSI should coincide with the premere. Besides, it's much more convenient for the A-listers to stop by Disneyland from their LA homes rather than fly to Florida for the event.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by pirateslife4me View Post
    I see that WDW will host the event for the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie:

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...WPirate07.html

Does anyone know if it will be at Disneyland again (as well)???
    The WDW event is NOT for the next Pirates movie. If you click on the link to read the additional information, it specifically says

*Please note, this event is NOT the World Premier of
    Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End*

• Shubisha

WDW parks close early all the time for special events. Not so Scary Halloween Party, Very Merry Christmas Party, Pirate and Princess Party, extra magic hours in general.. they're used to it. You go to a park that's not closing early that day, plenty to choose from. Not to mention their parks close early in general compared to disneyland's midnight.

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    You can't go to it anyway. Why do you care? It's a huge disrespect to paying guests to have an exclusive and obtrusive event right in the middle of the park, and close the park early on top of that.

Walt Disney World has way more space for this kind of thing and I'm glad they moved it there.
    Nice attitude...The OP simply asked a question. It should not concern you why they want to know. I have been to a large number of these premieres, how would you know who is and isn't allowed to attend?

CStephens is correct, the event at WDW has NOTHING to do with the premiere. I do not believe a site has been selected for the actual premiere as they were looking for alternatives to closing down Disneyland for the third time. I maybe incorrect, but I heard that Disneyland would be holding their own event for Pirates at some point this year.

• Minion

WDW does not and should not have a POTC premiere. The POTC at WDW is embarassing compared to the one at DLR which is twice as long. Plus, the POTC at DL is the original and what the ride is really based off of.

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

Wow! What a response! I don't think you understand what this event is. I went to this years merchandise/dinner/ride/movie event. (Separate event from the premeire.) It was an absolute great time! My group was REALLY looking forward to attending again for the 3rd movie. I just want to attend the dinner, attend events and see the movie at midnight...at Disneyland. Not the red carpet event where stars watch the movie in New Orleans Square. Now, that we are back on track, if anyone has some insight if Disney is planning this same event (again) at Disneyland, could you let me know?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pirateslife4me View Post
    Wow! What a response! I don't think you understand what this event is. I went to this years merchandise/dinner/ride/movie event.
    I thought this thread was about the movie premiere that is closed to the public. If it isn't I stand corrected.

My opinion still stands about the actual movie premiere though.

The premier will probably be at Disneyland May 12th or 19th, I hope. Anyone have an update on this?

• DCA lover

Quote Originally Posted by www.micechat.com
    You must spread some reputation around before giving it to SpokkerJones again.

Quote Originally Posted by pirateslife4me

Wow! What a response! I don't think you understand what this event is. I went to this years merchandise/dinner/ride/movie event. (Separate event from the premeire.) It was an absolute great time!
    ah, okay...well that sounds fun.