Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 1375 miles away

LONG better late than never trip report Dec. 3-14 LOTS of photos!Part 1

We were supposed to pick up our rental car on Thursday. It just so happened that an ice storm blew into town and made some changes to our plans! We could not get a confirmation on delivery of out HERTZ vehicle. The pickup rental location we had chosen was closed because of the weather so we opted to cancel the reservations we had made and drive our own car to catch our train in Houston. We were to pick up our son’s friend at the airport but her flight was delayed 3 hours due to the weather too. The next day we finally arrived in Houston. We had made arrangements to leave our car for 2 weeks at a friend’s house. He had to leave so we stood outside in the cold waiting for our cab. Our friend’s son-in-law felt sorry for us and insisted that he take us to the train depot. Still don’t know if the cab ever arrived! Finally we made it on the train!
    Sunday morning we arrived in LA Union Station. I had made shuttle reservations but could not get through their phone lines to find out where they would pick us up. After being placed on hold at least 30 minutes we just opted to grab a cab. An hour later we arrived at the Anaheim Desert Inn. Finally the 5 of us (hubby-John, son-Lukeus, daughter-Emma, myself-mariezp and son’s friend-Alex) got to breath a sigh of relief and let the fun begin!!!!
    Our daughter-Amy, aka DisneylandorBust, son-in-law-Greg and grandson-Wyatt had arrived Saturday so we met up with them to make our way to the park.
    We made POTC our first ride so we could check out the new Captain Jacks before our group of 8 split in different directions. We were all pleased with the changes. It remains one of our favorite rides.
    Since it has been a couple weeks I do not remember all the exact details of each day. I do know we were all glad to be back at Disneyland! I am also pretty sure one of our next stops was at one of the churro stands!
    I planned our trip so that we would have one specific highlight for each day. For Sunday, John, Emma and I had reservations for the Candlelight Processional at 8:00pm. Since our dinner reservations were at 5:30 for Hook’s Pointe, we went our separate ways fairly early. I must say that it is quite a hike through Downtown Disney! The lights were beautiful. We were seated fairly quickly. Our waiter was very nice. My husband had the pork chop which he said was okay. My daughter had salmon which was probably was the best of all three. I had a chicken dish that tasted similar to a tv dinner I have had before. So much for entrees…. We did, however, have a wonderful chocolate cake.
    Afterwards, we made our way back to stand in line for the show. We ended up with front row seats right in front of the narrator’s podium. The stage was lovely. The music and singing was beautiful. We had a perfect view of the woman doing sign language. She did an excellent job. Mr. Garcia was an excellent narrator as well. While the seats were up close, I can’t help but feel like we missed something being too close. I do believe it would have been perfect if we had been able to take in a view a bit farther back so we could see the entire overall performance. Still it was worth seeing at least once.

We did have an interesting experience. While waiting for the performance to begin a woman sat down and began talking to us. She had on a cast member badge. Turns out she was the tour guide for Mr. and Mrs. Garcia. She wanted to know if we would be taping the performance. It turns out that Mrs. Garcia had forgotten her video camera so she was trying to find someone who might be able to provide a copy for Mrs. Garcia. She left us her card with e-mail information. We actually did have plans to tape the show. However, again… our luck wasn’t going too well! The video camera had accidentally got set on the wrong tape speed and quickly used up the only disc we had brought! After that was gone DH attempted to use my camera but it took up all the memory cards I had and still ran out before the end. As you can understand, we don’t have much more than an incomplete choppy version to offer this woman. If any of you out there have a decent copy I could send this lady please don’t hesitate to contact me! Wouldn’t it be great to help out Mrs. Garcia?
    The next morning we found our brick on the way in!

The entire group!

We did Disneyland rides early and eased over to CA since the park closed early for CM Christmas parties. My DD, Emma, got to Pilot the Mark Twain!
    While at King Triton’s we ran into a familiar face! Princess Aurora!

Wednesday morning we got up for early entry to Toontown.
    Mayor & Chip

Chip & Emma

Can you tell which one is Goofy?

Emma and Minnie

Emma on the Jolly Trolley

Parents be sure to watch your children in Toontown! It can have strange side effects!

In the afternoon we shopped Downtown Disney and watched “the Santa Claus 3” at the theater.
    Thursday morning was up early for Chip N Dale at Storytellers Café. The banana stuffed French toast was wonderful! Someone played with the settings on my new camera and I didn’t notice until I had already taken photos. A shame too because the characters were great! I did get one good photo from my daughter.

We decided to try my patience and do the Princess Fantasy Faire. Lots of fun and great photos opportunities but really needs work keeping lines in order. Generally I am pretty calm but was ready to lose my cool because of parents and children cutting in line. Am I the only person in Disneyland who notices people around me? Am I the only parent in Disneyland that teaches my child to wait their turn? Am I the only parent in Disneyland who actually waits my turn with my child instead of sending them off by themselves? Obviously not because the place was packed but come on people! Have some common courtesy!

Be sure to watch for Part 2!
    Last edited by mariezp; 12-22-2006 at 02:24 PM. Reason: New at this! Still trying to get captions lined up!

• love my friends

Re: LONG better late than never trip report Dec. 3-14 LOTS of photos!Part 1

great pictures and trip report

Friends for life

• Man O Lantern

Wow, great report, lots of details and beautiful photos!

I saw your daughter's trip report and pictures a while back, too. I was thinking, some of this looks familiar.

You guys got good princesses at the Faire--we struck out! Bah!

• 1375 miles away

Re: LONG better late than never trip report Dec. 3-14 LOTS of photos!Part 2

To be continued later!
    Last edited by mariezp; 12-22-2006 at 03:03 PM. Reason: I boo booed again!

• Silent Lucidity

Great photos! Your daughter looks like she is enjoying every moment. Only one month or so until we are back at DL for our annual trek, can't wait!

• 1375 miles away

Re: LONG better late than never trip report Dec. 3-14 LOTS of photos!Part 2

Okay guys! Bare with me! I am doing battle at my computer trying to complete my report! So far we are tied.... me one win... the computer one win! I must be persistant! So now on with the story! Part 2

We saw SANTA!

Reindeer Roundup was fun.

Friday we went and saw Aladdin at the Hyperion Theatre. We had priority seating so we got great seats. The performance was wonderful! Does anyone else think the multiple genies are kinda creepy? Guess it is hard to find good blue guys!

Saturday we had reservations at Blue Bayou @ 1:40. We waited about 10 minutes extra for a water side table

I had my first Monte Cristo. It was very yummy and filling. The crème brulee was soooo good!

Later, my daughter made her first performance of two at Aladdin’s Oasis as a guard. This is such a fun show!

On Sunday we took the Christmas tour. It was very nice.
    Our tour guide was Lindsay. She did an excellent job. She showed us points of interest and gave out little Disney tidbits of information. We got to sample some of the holiday fudge, sang some carols and learned how to say Merry Christmas in different languages. We also got a cute souvineer Tinkerbelle pin and a Haunted Mansion coin. We got to ride Haunted Mansion, which my daughter loved, and Small World. Then we got some yummy gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate in a nice souvineer mug and took our seats to watch the Holiday parade. Great seats!

My daughter got to sit with Lindsay which made her day. It was quite a bit of walking but would highly recommend for everyone to do it at least once.

Watch for Part 3!
    Last edited by mariezp; 12-22-2006 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Add final detail!

• 1375 miles away

Re: LONG better late than never trip report Dec. 3-14 LOTS of photos!Part 3

YAHOO! On to Part 3!

Monday we did Minnie’s breakfast at Plaza Inn. Great food and characters!
    My son doesn't usually like breakfast but even he decided you could make a pretty fine meal out of Mickey waffles topped with stawberries and cream!

Tuesday we finished up everything we wanted to do in CA. Saw Crush for the first time. Loved him! Rode Monsters Inc for first time. Loved it ! Rode TOT for first time. Hated it!

Okay, I might get the hang of this yet! Lucky for all of you I only have one more page to go! Stay tuned for Part 4!

• Neep meep beep

Great shots - thank you for sharing them!

• 1375 miles away

Re: LONG better late than never trip report Dec. 3-14 LOTS of photos!Part 4

Last one! I promise!

We stayed late to watch the fireworks and snow on Main street. Awesome!
    Wednesday we finished up Disneyland. We saw some other characters and pretty sites.
    Alice Lights

Emma & Ariel

Micechat girls, DisneylandorBust and mariezp taking a ride on Big Thunder RR!

Little Popcorn Man

Captain Jack Sparrow & mariezp

Tigger really close up

Look a Heffabee!

Greg, Wyatt, mariezp & Emma having fun on the train

Strong Emma & helpers

Rancho Fountain

Snowglobe near the castle

Grampa bought Wyatt some reindeer ears!

I never noticed this bird in the queue for Jungle Cruise before.

Splashart

Ooh! Pretty castle wreath!

This year we
    • loved Small World all lit up!
    • enjoyed taking in some of the shows (the 50th movie, California Dreams & Billy Hill were great.)
    • rode the Columbia for the first time. Great museum below deck!
    • stayed and watched the fireworks for the first time. (Main Street is the place to be for the full effects of the lights and snow!)
    • decided our favorites desserts were the CRÈME BRULEE, chocolate covered strawberries, eggnog fudge and strawberry shortcake! (white hot chocolate is also wonderful!)
    • did not have a single rude CM experience the whole trip!
    Thursday we caught our plane back to Houston. When we arrived our car battery was dead and then somehow the keys got locked inside with the motor running. After a call to AAA and a quick response, we were unlocked and on our way!
    It was a great year at Disneyland. The decorations were beautiful. However, our family has decided that vacations in December are not for us. We all came back sick. We had to rush to get a tree up when we got back and with 2 birthdays and Christmas still coming it just makes things too hectic! Oh well, time to start thinking about next year…..
    Last edited by mariezp; 12-22-2006 at 04:23 PM. Reason: That's all folks!

• Popular Princess

great pics and wonderful trip report! thanx for sharing!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Up is Down

Great trip report!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Still lost in Neverland

Great fun and pictures. You sure had good luck with the characters. That is great. Glad you had a good trip.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

This was worth my 5 minutes! Thank you.

• Main Gypsy

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing

Yay!!! That was a lot of fun!!! I'm ready to go back!! Wyatt is still wearing his ears around the house alllllll the time. Silly boy!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast