Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Dec. 22 Candy Cane day

I went out today because I heard they were making candy canes for the last time this year. It was my third try at getting there for them and this time it was a success.

They were only allowing two per guest this time and were still running out very quickly.

I wanted to see them do the pulling of the candy, but I missed it and got there towards the end of the process.

I don't know what the little ones were for. Last of the batch maybe?

And finally, sealing the wrapped canes.

They were eight bucks each, but worth it. In fact a couple of them were still warm when we got them.
    Mike

• Banned User

Re: Dec. 22 Candy Cane day

Wow I didn't know they made such huge candy canes, I never got one

What is this??? Dang it, I was just there, but walked down the other side of Main Street!!!!

• Feeling LOVED

They are tasty.....they have had them forever. But they sure are hard to get if you are not there first thing to get them. They aren't cheap, but if you like Candy canes...these are worth it.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Just spotted this, and missed it also, was on the other side of Main Street also today.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Senior Minion

They look great, and I'm sorry to hear that today was the last day.

• Minion

Are they peppermint-flavored?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Senior Minion

Sounds tasty. Thanks for posting this. Another one of those little things you love about Disneyland.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

oh my homemade candy canes!! I didn't think anyone made them but factories anymore. they are very labor intensive so I can see why the high price and only around for the holidays. 8 bucks is worth it when you think of it that way. after all its homemade.

• living to haunt

OK, how did we miss this! What a wonderful tradition. Thanks for the photos and the thread. After going this year we have decided to make this a yearly family treat. I will now add the candy cane making to my list. Do they just put out the sign or is there a posted schedule of when they do it? The kids might be bored but I could watch it while they run off to play!
    thanks again for a great post...those sure look good!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    OK, how did we miss this! What a wonderful tradition. Thanks for the photos and the thread. After going this year we have decided to make this a yearly family treat. I will now add the candy cane making to my list. Do they just put out the sign or is there a posted schedule of when they do it? The kids might be bored but I could watch it while they run off to play!
    thanks again for a great post...those sure look good!
    We had asked so we knew the schedule. They only did it for two Fridays (it used to be Saturdays). The CM told me it was supposed to be on three Fridays but they couldn't get the kitchen warm enough to work the candy on the first one.
    Mike

• Semi-Lurker

I can tell you from past experience that making candy canes in the little kitchen is hot and demanding work. The $8 they charge is probably just about breaking even when the cost per unit is figured out, because making canes by hand takes a couple of people quite awhile for not that many canes. But if you are lucky enough to be there when they are just coming out of the kitchen, you have to try one. (P.S. does anyone know when the Candy Maker costume changed to the generic white chefs outfit they are wearing in the pictures?)

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Are they peppermint-flavored?

Great pics Mike!!! The whole process is pretty cool to watch. Sorry you missed it.

I'm glad the NOW decided to limit 2 per customer. I wanted 5 since others couldn't make it to pick one up. But after all the other people got their 10 or 15, those that have been trying for the last 3 weeks (like mcow and I), we only get 2. Yeah thanks to those other people!! Yeah, I got my 2, but I'm still bitter about it.

Slight rant/derail: I know that the process to make these are a PITA, but you'd think since they are in such high demand, that they would try and make them more during the week. The sell out so fast and then there are people that may not be at the park. I'm glad they made it to 2 per person, but to do that mid-season? Start next year. AND if something happens and they don't make them on one day, they should try and make up for it by making them the next day. They would make more money with the candy canes than with the Pecan Rolls.

Ok, back to the candy canes! They are really good! And, again, nice pics Mike!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Excellent update!! I didn't even know this was going on.... I wish I could have bought one!

thanks for the pictures! I will have to plan on getting one next year!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

i can't beleive i missed this. I was there to!!! but i just had to get my peppermint ice cream. if only i knew that they did this, i would have gotten the candy cane instead! oh well, there is always next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast