Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse Or Tarzan?

I like the Swiss Family Tree House better. I like the Tarzan animated film but there's something about the old tree house that just feels better. More comfortable with the location.

The stiff figures just... I never liked that.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Hooterville, USA

Swiss was imaginative and Tarzan is not. Evict Tarzan and spruce it up for the return of the Robinsons.

I'll take "Whatever happened to the Robinsons" for $200 Alex.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Score- a zillion like the Robinsons better; one likes Tarzan. I was about to ask if anybody actually did like Tarzan but it was answered.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Swiss Family Robinsons by a landslide. I loved going through there. Now, its just boring.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I prefer Swiss Family Robinson.

I've never seen the movie and I hardly know the story. That never created an issue for me as a child. I always made a trip there and loved it. It was so mysterious, well-themed and curious...I always enjoyed the trip.

I will give Tarzan's Treehouse the credit for the wonderful face characters and trashing of the campsite. Lord knows the kids love making noise and climbing and attempting to break things. But that's all I can really give it credit for. The figures are ugly. Maybe if they were AAs or something...now that would be cool. It was just too cheaply done. Darn Pressler/Harris era.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Swiss Fam Baby!!! All The Way!!! Yeah!!! You Know It!!!!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Hmmmm. To me, they are equals. Robinsons was boring, without much to see, and was completely empty due to the fact the story had faded from the memmory of the average guest. Also the fact that children are the main guests to the treehouse due to the numerous stairs.

Then we have Tarzan's Treehouse. I like the look better, but the look also clogs up the walkway. The theme is much more relavent with today's youth and it actually attracts guests, but it is filled with lifeless statues.

One was vacant and boring, the other is tacky and cluttered. I had no interest in revisiting either attraction. But in my mind, Tarzan wins by a hair just because I prefer the story over the hokey Robinsons.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm kind of on the fence on this one. My 8 year old son is a lot more familiar with Tarzan than he is with Swiss Family Robinson, so as far as putting something there that is going to attract guests, I would have to go with Tarzan.

That being stated, they totally messed up by putting a secondary tree smack dab in the middle of an already crowded walkway. So, while Tarzan might be more popular with the younger guests, the design additions just don't make any sense...

the second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

swiss family wins hands down. the themeing was excellent and it had a better overall look the tarzan tree house is going downhill last time i went through and i got to the instruments part tons of the instruments were worn down or completely gone so rip tarzan out before ppl set it on fire

• Just this guy......

Let us not forget that the Swiss Family Robinson Tree house was in terrible shape there at the end. It was too the point that they were going to take the whole thing out. It was Tarzan that saved the tree house.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    Let us not forget that the Swiss Family Robinson Tree house was in terrible shape there at the end. It was too the point that they were going to take the whole thing out. It was Tarzan that saved the tree house.
    You make a great point, but if they could spend the money to convert it to something else, they could have spent the money to fix it.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    You make a great point, but if they could spend the money to convert it to something else, they could have spent the money to fix it.
    Why would they spend money to fix up an attraction so few had interest in? As I said before, the nature of the attraction (stairs) narrows down the audience to kids who enjoy racing up and down stairs to look at virtually nothing. The ride appeals to basic explorer instinct in children that also made TSI work for them.

But kids didn't want to explore a treehouse based around something they had no relation to. All they would see is empty rooms and polka music that wasn't by Weird Al. So Disney took the same concept, added some new interactive elements, and themed it around something similiar yet recognizable to the attraction's audience. Now kids want to explore it again. Did it loose some class and charm, sure. But the only reason to spend money on it would be to actually increase visits, and the Swiss Robinsons theme couldn't do that with the limited space and type of attraction.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Why would they spend money to fix up an attraction so few had interest in?

But the only reason to spend money on it would be to actually increase visits,
    Yeah, that is the problem Disney got themselves into. They used to keep things running in peak shape and looking nice so the guest would have a totally magical experience at the parks. Then they got to the point where they only spend dollars to bring people in, not realizing that people come because of the atmosphere. This approach of only spending money if it directly relates to an increase in numbers is a very short-sighted approach that works short term, but makes Disneyland worse off long-term.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    Yeah, that is the problem Disney got themselves into. They used to keep things running in peak shape and looking nice so the guest would have a totally magical experience at the parks. Then they got to the point where they only spend dollars to bring people in, not realizing that people come because of the atmosphere. This approach of only spending money if it directly relates to an increase in numbers is a very short-sighted approach that works short term, but makes Disneyland worse off long-term.
    I agree with your point. Plussing is very important to keep the park fresh and new feeling, but I think no matter how much money they threw at the treehouse, most of it would go unnoticed just because nobody had interest in the attraction anymore. It would be spending a bunch of money to fix up the Tiki Room bathrooms. Yes, improvements are nice, but still a waste of money considering it won't affect most guests or add appeal.

• Animatronic

I imagine fixing up the tree would have cost far less than what they did to it. I think they need to actually go into the park and learn how the attractions interact with each other and their land, rather than just look at the turnstyle exit numbers. Seeing the water wheel carry water up to the top of the tree didn't require actually going up in the tree was quite fun to watch, just like watching the Mark Twain circle the Rivers of America adds something to your experience in Frontierland. The Tarzan tree house doesn't seem any more popular and it's a whole lot less interesting.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast