Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• "714"

Question Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse Or Tarzan?

Hey Guys! Well I have not been here at Micechat all that long so im sure this topic has been covered but, I was wondering witch tree house you guys prefer. Swiss or Tarzan? To me it was like, lets throw some tarzen stuff in there and called it a day. They didnt change it too much but I still prefer Swiss family Robinson. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-13-2007 at 08:15 AM.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• See you there!

Re: Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse Or Tarzan?

I'm still not sure why the Robinsons got evicted. They seemed like such a nice family. and I liked the organ music there as well.

CU@DL

Andy

No question about it....Swiss Family Treehouse. An awesome, timeless movie that will appeal to many generations to come. One of my personal favorites. I was very sad when I heard the Swiss Family was moving out of Disneyland.

www.magicalhotel.com

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

While it made sense to transition to 'Tarzan' for the current generation of guests, I'd always loved the 'Swiss Family Robinson' Treehouse, especially since actually having seen the film. If the new project actually materializes* (and is a massive hit), perhaps we'll see a new, improved version come home to roost.

"Swiss Family" remake - 6/14/05
    June 15, 2005

Mostow finds shelter with Dis' 'Robinson'

"Swiss Family Robinson" is heading back to the big screen with Jonathan Mostow at the helm. Mandeville Films CEO David Hoberman and president Todd Lieberman are producing for Walt Disney Pictures. The deal also includes an arrangement for Mostow to rewrite a script by Greg Poirier.

Mostow came to the project after six months of negotiations, which resulted in the company heading for a 2006 production slot in Australia. "We are very excited about the project," said Hoberman, who called Mostow cold to pitch him the project only to run into a little serendipity with the director. Hoberman said Mostow called Disney's 1960 feature version his favorite childhood film. Ditto for Hoberman, who came on board to produce through Mandeville after the project had been laying fallow at Disney for some time.
    (Borys Kit and Liza Foreman for The Hollywood Reporter)
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...onathan+mostow
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    "Swiss Family" remake - 6/14/05
    June 15, 2005
    That makes sense. Must keep DL "fresh for the kids" while at the same time preserving the history. That's a hard balance to keep, but it must be done otherwise DL might become patchland.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Animatronic

The Swiss Family tree house looked like the family had just left. Perhaps they got rescued. It stimulated the imagination and added to the mistique of Adventureland.

Tarzan's Tree House is a nightmare. The fibreglass figures leave nothing to the imagine and simply don't fit the realistic environment. The tree path was reversed and extended such that it's now too steep for many people, and the freakin' tree blocks the exit from Adventureland.

I only want to preserve the past when it's a whole lot better that what replaced it. I'm not running around longing for my 16Meg MP3 player. It's long gone and I simple don't miss it. Tarzan's Tree House would be like me replacing my old MP3 player with a 1Meg player. Boy would I miss the 16Meg one then!

• Mousketeer

I'm with Lore, Swiss Family Treehouse allowed you to use your imagination, and vicariously live the life of the family. The current treehouse just shows you scenes, and leave nothing to the imagination. I think the tarzan version would have been more appealing with more imagination and play areas, but they didn't have many treehouse scenes to build from so they just showed what was in the movie.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I enjoyed the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Swiss Family, I loved the waterwheel, and all of the bamboo water ways bringing water throughout the tree. As a kid, I always thought it would be cool to build a tree house like that.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• It's all about Theme!

I wish they never got rid of the Robinsons!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Grumpy old man

I never bothered with the Tarzan Treehouse when I last went because it just didn't look very interesting.

The Swiss Family Robinson treehouse on the other hand was always fun and interesting to explore. And by the time I had seen it, the Swiss Family wasn't very popular and I had no idea who they were.

• Minion

I wrote a blog on this subject at Re-Imagineering:

http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/...-paradise.html

>>...But it wasn’t just the theme that changed, it was the very experience. When Tarzan’s Treehouse reopened to the public, it still had the same floor plan, but was now inhabited by stiff Disney Store-like mannequins posed in unmoving representational set pieces as seen in the Tarzan film. This changed the guest experience from a personal adventure on location to an observational viewpoint more akin to a wax museum.

The charming inventions of Walt and the Robinsons had been stripped-away, now replaced by children’s museum gimmicks like video projections and trick mirrors, tasked to sell a diorama story of Tarzan and his friends. The water wheel, ropes and pulleys were gone.... It was no longer a convincing walk-through, but a themed walk-past. We remained firmly grounded in the modern world of Southern California.

The once joyous Swisskapolka was now but a whisper, confined to a scratchy record in the trashed base camp as an homage to fans.

While Tarzan, as a new property, was certainly more familiar to young children, the original Swiss Family Treehouse never required a familiarity with the film or story to succeed in its illusion. All we needed to know was that a castaway family built a home in a tree. The new treehouse story was tied directly to Tarzan's marketable characters and scenes....<<

More at link...

i really preferred swiss family tree house to tarzans tree house. It had more charm and a story to me anyway then tarzans tree house did. I always had to go to the swiss family tree house, but i never go on the tarzan one because it doesn't feel like a must do everytime im there like swiss family was. I was so happy the disney world had the swiss family tree and had to go on it about a dozen times.

• Minion

I loved the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. I was so upset when they took it out. I find the new treehouse a waste of time, to be honest...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Tarzan's Treehouse is much more interactive and fun. Love the new furnishings. Plus, the accoustical instruments are a real kick to play. Tarzan and Jane face characters make frequent visits. I especially like Jane.

Plus, animal caretakers periodically bring exotic animals for all to experience and enjoy. The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse was terrific. Time marches forward though, and I find it's cadance fascinating in this case.

Look at the bright side, Tomorrowland may get a new Meet The Robinsons ride at some point in the not too faw away future. Me thinks they might just be distant relatives of their Swiss family namesakes.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast