• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

DLR welcomes Rose Bowl-bound teams 12/26/06

Disneyland Welcomes Rose Bowl-Bound
    Southern California and Michigan Football Teams Tuesday, December 26

Young Fans Will Ride Matterhorn Bobsleds With U.S.C. and Michigan Players as 'Year of a Million Dreams' Treat

ANAHEIM, Calif., Dec. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Now that the University of Southern California and the University of Michigan have won berths in the 2007 Rose Bowl Game(R) in Pasadena, what are they going to do next?

They're going to Disneyland. And they'll celebrate the Disneyland "Year of a Million Dreams" in a special way with some deserving young football fans.

Mickey Mouse, the Disneyland Band and fans will welcome the two squads and their coaches when the teams make their first official appearance of the Rose Bowl season at 2 p.m. Tuesday, December 26, at Disneyland.

USC Trojans Coach Pete Carroll, Michigan Wolverines Coach Lloyd Carr, and members of both teams will be available for interviews in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Among the featured players will be USC Quarterback John David Booty, USC Wide Receiver Dwayne Jarrett, Michigan Tailback Mike Hart and Michigan Defensive End LaMarr Woodley.

One highlight of the visit will be a Year of a Million Dreams opportunity for visiting children from Foothill Family Services, Pasadena, to meet USC and Michigan players and take a ride with them on the Matterhorn Bobsleds.

Disneyland has been associated with the Tournament of Roses since 1959 and has had the honor of hosting many teams during that time. This year's team visits coincide with the "Year of a Million Dreams," which began on October 1 at Disney Parks in the United States. For 15 months, the Resort will celebrate dreams coming true, making literally millions of dreams, large and small, come true for eligible guests. "Year of a Million Dreams" continues throughout 2007.

The Trojans (10-2 overall) and the Wolverines (11-1 overall) will meet in the 93rd Rose Bowl game played in Pasadena on Monday, January 1, 2007.
    http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainm...2122006-1.html
    Last edited by ALIASd; 12-23-2006 at 01:31 PM. Reason: date correction

• "714"

Re: DLR welcomes Rose Bowl-bound teams 12/28/06

Great. More people to add to the park that day. Just kidding! Thats cool though.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
    Great. More people to add to the park that day. Just kidding! Thats cool though.
    Christmas season and bowl season combine nicely on Rose Bowl day at DLR. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Fight On Trojans! Beat Michigan!!! I will be using my 30$ AP Blackout ticket(darn it)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: DLR welcomes Rose Bowl-bound teams 12/26/06

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Disneyland Welcomes Rose Bowl-Bound
    Southern California and Michigan Football Teams Tuesday, December 26

Young Fans Will Ride Matterhorn Bobsleds With U.S.C. and Michigan Players as 'Year of a Million Dreams' Treat

ment/20061221/LATH08922122006-1.html[/URL]
    I hope it's not a young die hard USC fan. "Hey Booty! Why did your offensive line suck so hard against a non ranked UCLA team?"

Thant ought to be a fun day.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

is it just me or do you smell...lawsuits coming up......lapsitting with a football player......hum...not to be a spoil sport....but something like *swashbuckel with a Quarter back, Jet off with the line man* would have been a better pitch...lol

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Re: DLR welcomes Rose Bowl-bound teams 12/26/06

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    I hope it's not a young die hard USC fan. "Hey Booty! Why did your offensive line suck so hard against a non ranked UCLA team?"

Thant ought to be a fun day.
    I can assure you that if I am picked to ride with JD Booty he will receive an earfull! but we can't fully blame Booty. We have to put a lot of blame on Lame (Lane) Kiffin the Offensive Coordinator. I called every third down play of his and none of them worked. Anyway JD Booty watch out next Tuesday! Angry SC fan in the park!!!

• Senior Minion

I'm pretty sure with the Trojan Defense as great as it is this year will most likely win this one. Michigan will be formidible and make it a fun game to watch. Go Big Blue!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.