Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• That's Hawt

What Should I Do?

Hi, my family is trying to get a trip to DL this summer together and I was wondering the best way to arrange it. Should I go through disney.com or should I do it all on my own? Thanks!

• Zapp's Minion :D

Do you have triple A, They always have great package deals.

What hotel do you plan on staying at?

• That's Hawt

Yes, we do have AAA, I would really like to stay at one of the Disney hotels ... but that 1000 dollar price tag for four nights scared me Then there is the tickets .... five hundred bucks there .... it is just scary! I work at a resort in NorCal so I think I am going to find out if there are any deals that I can work out .....

• Zapp's Minion :D

MiceMan, do you know anyone in the Military?

• Social Imagineer

One thing's for sure ... never go through Disney. They will not give you any kind of deal that is better financially than you can get on your own.

• I like Cheese...

this is a real long shot, but it has worked for me in the past, and will hopefully work agin this summer...

Lots of companies have conventions on Disney properties, and generally they have a seriously reduced room rate for 1-3 days before, and 1-3 days after the event. Like $130 a night for the contemporay resort at WDW. This august a company related to my company is having a conference and I got myself invited to the conference, which in truth I really should be going to any way.

Bottom line is my company is sending me to orlando for the conference (that's the airfare) and paying for my room during the conference (that's 4 days) and I'm going to take a week of vacation and spend 6 more days there (that is 3 days at $130, and 3 at like $300). My wife is going with me and southwest let's me transfer my air awards to her so no airfare for her either.

Of course, duing the 4 days I have to work while my wife visits the parks, but I can go at night. All in all a pretty good deal.

If you can find a conference that you can justify attending on a disney property it can be very rewarding

Oh yeah. As an added bonus, since the trip is business related, some unreimbursed expenses are tax deductible

You can usually get a pretty nice motel really close to the park and for a lot better price than staying in one of the Disney hotels. It is not as critical for time at DLR as for WDW where I absolutely recommend staying on the property. I myself have some bad memories from the Disneyland Hotel, and my sister was so not impressed with Paradise Pier. Put your money where you will use it-in tickets or dining.

• Race Car Driver

I find when we are going to DL tickets are cheaper to buy online for parks.... travel agent gets better deal on the room... I love the Carousel hotel and suites

• That's Hawt

I need to find out if any hotels in the area do any Restiprostity deals with other hotels beacuse I work at a resort in Squaw Valley. Mabye ... Just Mabye ...
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Disney fans for life!

In all of the years that we have been going to DL, we have NEVER used a package deal. We laugh at the rates that we see advertised in the paper for "package deals". Way too much. We make our own reservations at the hotels and for dining and have AP's. Even for those w/o AP's, there are deals for multi-day passes. I don't need that rope thing to hang around my neck to show everyone that I paid too much...

• It's all nonsense

Yeah, with whats been said above beware of package deals...alot of times they are not great deals at all. I vote for AAA as well. Alot of AAA offices actually have a travel agent style service that works with disney.

• Minion

I say just book the super 8 next to the park for 40 a night and take the OCTA or anaheim transit to the park, it'll cost way less. Hit up McDonalds for food, the have a dollar menu right next to the park, and get your tickets via a cast member.
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    One thing's for sure ... never go through Disney. They will not give you any kind of deal that is better financially than you can get on your own.

In my experiece, it will be way more expensive than if you do it yourself, especially if you are staying off property.

We did get a good package deal once:

Back in 2000, right after United's Summer of Discontent (remember all the cancelled flights) I was able to get the following for $1600 (the trip was in November):

6 nights at the Holiday Inn at The Park.
    5 Round Trips from Denver to LAX
    1 Rental car
    5 5-day flex passports (4 adult, 1 child)

I have never seen a comparable deal since.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I own a Travel Agency in the Disneyland area, maybe I could help, just send me a private message and I'll see what I can put together for you.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast