Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Fantasyland update: Four new updates before april!

If Pan goes down for a long refurb I'd like to see them replace the load with "always moving" and moving sidewalk version at WDW. Its much prettier to look at while in the cue and I doesn't have the constant clack clack of the boats breaking and restarting and breaking again.

• a wind to shake the stars

I haven't been on Peter Pan in years, mostly because the line is always ridiculously long, the capacity is so low, and I never get there early enough to ride it before the lines stack up. Increased capacity would be nice, although I'm sure it's going to be a long line still. Oh well!

• Suspended

This is wonderfull! 3 darkrides going down for rehab! And they JUST went down like 2 years ago for the 50th! Its good to see DL still cares. It just makes MK look more ghetto. Seeing FL last summmer for the 50th, must have been the way it looked on May25th, 1983, and im glad to see that the dark rides will have work done to keep them bright, trippy, and glowing. I hope SNOW and PINOC also go down too!

• The Fantasyland guy

Quote Originally Posted by FLtoCali View Post
    If Pan goes down for a long refurb I'd like to see them replace the load with "always moving" and moving sidewalk version at WDW. Its much prettier to look at while in the cue and I doesn't have the constant clack clack of the boats breaking and restarting and breaking again.
    Im not a fan of the WDW version because it is an omni mover version. I perfer the multi speed version in DL, even with the longer lines.

WDW didn't seem personal enough... but maybe I am just thinking that because I like DL so much?

• The Fantasyland guy

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    If they wanted to change the peter pan boats, why wouldn't they just use Disneyland Paris' design and save themselves a few bucks? Not sure how many people those boats can hold but, it has to be more than 4.
    They would have to change a lot in order to make Pan multi row. It would be nice, but I do not believe this is going to happen. When I ran into the Engineer on Pan last year, he wasn't thinking of doing that design, but that could of changed since then.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FLtoCali View Post
    I think the load area is too short for that. Not enough room for hesitation and error, as compared to Haunted Mansion. Also might require additional cast members for safety.
    Last edited by JeffYardDog; 12-24-2006 at 02:08 PM.

• Kevin's a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Jables View Post
    When Peter Pan closes I'm sure the lines will STILL be too long!
    I agree.

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    About the Peter Pan boats, will having 4 seats really help out that much? The other dark rides can seat four but I still see them send out only 2 or just 1 person in them.

It's possible that multiple parties of two will now be in the same boat during peak operating hours.

As already mentioned, I've always been on Pooh with other guests, but that sucker is huge.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• The Fantasyland guy

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    I think the load area is too short for that. Not enough room for hesitation and error, as compared to Haunted Mansion. Also might require additional cast members for safety.
    If I recall, WDW only has two cast members on the loading platform. There is one loader, and one person right at the edge where the boats go up in the air.

I personally donít like WDW because the OMNImover system makes the ride less personal. I like the boats further apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It's possible that multiple parties of two will now be in the same boat during peak operating hours.

As already mentioned, I've always been on Pooh with other guests, but that sucker is huge.
    I donít think I have ever seen them put more then one party on pooh. But maybe thatís because I don't make it over there often.

I find it funny that a thread containing updates coming in April gets more replies about something that wont happen till next year. I guess that answers the question about which attraction people like the most!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post

I personally donít like WDW because the OMNImover system makes the ride less personal. I like the boats further apart.

!
    Agree...I love the "flying" boats.
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I've never seen only 1 person on a pooh vehicle... then again, hourly capacity doesn't really matter on that attraction
    I rode solo on Pooh once!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12