Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Remus
    if something did happen and there was no security check points... people would be pissed!
    That's the other piece....

It's half PR (We're making you safe) and half CYA in case something did happen (We did everything that we could).

In actually effectiveness.... it does zip, zilch, nada.

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    i think that even if there is something that it is better than nothing... but I am also happier that the checks are as you enter the resort and not as you enter the park...
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Hooterville, USA

People, they are conditioning you to standing in line. But, they should have an "express" line. I hate to get behind the family that brought their whole house with them!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

I think the checks could be effective to a certain degree IF they would get rid of the lazy ones too lazy to do the one job they are sopposed to do!

Some of the cm's are really thorough. The problem is lack of consistency.

They have to do something, my opinion is if they are paying these people to do this, they need to start firing people who don't perform. It could help the rest step up to the plate. It isn't much, but it's better than nothing. It doesn't have to be all just window dressing. People should let them know we are watching!

Isn't it the psychological aspect of - "Hey they're going to look into my bag, maybe I better not bring anything with me that I shouldn't have."

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chadb14
    Isn't it the psychological aspect of - "Hey they're going to look into my bag, maybe I better not bring anything with me that I shouldn't have."
    I think this is right on the mark.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Greetings, Program!

I agree with the idea of it being a psychological placebo, but they aren't even getting that part right. They only check you if you have a bag. I've walked through there many times (even wearing a big coat) and they simply wave me through. Puzzling.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Hooterville, USA

My wife was working bag check one day, and a guest told her she was toting a gun and a bomb. Needless to say, that guest got a visit from security and Anaheim Police. Silly girl.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    I agree with the idea of it being a psychological placebo, but they aren't even getting that part right. They only check you if you have a bag. I've walked through there many times (even wearing a big coat) and they simply wave me through. Puzzling.
    That is pretty odd...they should make people open up their coats or jackets...it would take maybe 5 extra seconds.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    That is pretty odd...they should make people open up their coats or jackets...it would take maybe 5 extra seconds.
    They used to do this... did they change policy? Back when the weather was cooler and I wore a coat more often, they would always ask to at least open it up to check that there wasn't anything inside.

They should just take the whole thing down one night after the park closes.

--Jonathan

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    They've done jacket checks several times over the last few years, just not lately. Some days, the look in every pocket of your bags and backpacks, and pull your camera out of the case... Other days they glance in the big pockets, toss it looking for heavy items, and let you go on your way.

The security checks are partly placebo, partly a deterrent so the bad guys don't even try, and partly to catch someone dumb enough to try walking in with a "Dirty Harry" 44 Magnum with 12" barrel, or a classic "Toon Bomb" with an alarm clock held on with duct tape...

Where a trained Special Forces officer from any of the armed services could walk in wearing only street clothes with empty pockets - and easily cause mass havoc using only readily available household/industrial chemicals and supplies that are already in the park. Don't ask me exactly how, because if I tell you, ...

--<< Bruce >>--

• Yes its that much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    I think the checks could be effective to a certain degree IF they would get rid of the lazy ones too lazy to do the one job they are sopposed to do!

Some of the cm's are really thorough. The problem is lack of consistency.

They have to do something, my opinion is if they are paying these people to do this, they need to start firing people who don't perform. It could help the rest step up to the plate. It isn't much, but it's better than nothing. It doesn't have to be all just window dressing. People should let them know we are watching!
    If they did that there would be a lot of CM's that would be fired. Sorry to say there are some CM's that just dont care.
    Also...
    Some CM's are brought in from other areas and dont have any training and are just told the basics and put to work!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Remus
    if something did happen and there was no security check points... people would be pissed!
    no, I would be more pissed if something happened and they are doing bag checks....or what they call bag checks....

• no flash photography...

my father carries a pocket knife every where he goes...and it's been inside DL many times. They never catch that becasue it's in his jeans pocket....however they always know I ahve my caner and how many spare batteries I bring...there's no logic to their security check point. If anyone was really serious about doing something inside DL they would have the weapon on their bodies somewhere...not in a bag...jmo

• My cuties!

no, I would be more pissed if something happened and they are doing bag checks....or what they call bag checks....
    EXACTLY!!! It would just go to show how ridiculous and USELESS the bag checks are, not CYA!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast