Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Official Mice Chat person

I'd rather have them there than have nothing. They arn't meant to stop the evil genius terrorists. They are there to catch the small things. Let the security in the park take care of the big stuff.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chadb14
    Isn't it the psychological aspect of - "Hey they're going to look into my bag, maybe I better not bring anything with me that I shouldn't have."
    I think it's more like, "If they are going to look into my bag, i better hide it down my pants, or in my sock"

But THANK God we have those Colors to tell us how 'Alert' and scared we should be. How long till the '06 Election? 17 Months? so it should be at least 11-12 months till our next "Orange" alert.

If you dont Vote for ME... THEY will get you.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    my father carries a pocket knife every where he goes...and it's been inside DL many times. They never catch that becasue it's in his jeans pocket....however they always know I ahve my caner and how many spare batteries I bring...there's no logic to their security check point. If anyone was really serious about doing something inside DL they would have the weapon on their bodies somewhere...not in a bag...jmo
    Yes, it makes complete sense. They could have metal detectors, but people would complain even more about having to wait to get into the park. Disney has to maximize safety and guest experience, and they walk a fine line in doing that. I have not seen any knife fights or homicides at Disneyland, so I'd say the system works, and it is a fast enough system that guests are only minorly delayed. I'd say it's ideal--a relatively innocuous means of reminding guests that "big brother is watching", to borrow from 1984. We have metal detectors in airports and that didn't stop terrorists, so how big of a difference would they make at Disneyland?
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion

Hey maybe they will get those x-ray machines that shows your body under your clothes!

I just read where the major airports may start using those soon.

I better stick to my diet! :o :confused:

• Vehicle rotating backward

I kind of prefer the lazier check CMs over the "PUT THE BAG ON THE GROUND AND RAISE YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM" kind over over-authoritive security employees. Someone said something about small jobs and small egos above, and I've definitely seen that in action on my travels.

Besides, with prices the way they are, how could we NOT stash outside food in through the Missus' purse?

• Banned User

They are there to make tourists and some locals "feel" safe.. I can tell you WDW's got the Permanent stations now.. (MK & MGM outide main gates... Epcot & AK Right before you enter the park...) and they help make people feel safe....

I dislike some CMs who run it thought... Once i brought my Backpack instead of Camera bag.. and it has like 5 zippers... 2 out of 5 CMs made me open everything... including the empty areas..... the other looked in the main compartments...

However it does help with crowds sometimes...

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I have not seen any knife fights or homicides at Disneyland,
    umm...there was one in the 80's....

magic mountain has metal detectors and it really does not take long to go through them. One thing that happened there was I made the metal detector go off. They pulled me aside and hand scanned me. It went off right at my purse. They asked if I had a cell phone. i said yes and went to open my purse so they could see and before I could get it open they said no need and let me in the park. I could have had anything. Maybe I just look really honest...LOL

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Bag Check is to make sure people, like certain DMCA member's(and other's who shall remain nameless) don't sneak in a big fat bottle of something naughty :devil:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Bag Check is to make sure people, like certain DMCA member's(and other's who shall remain nameless) don't sneak in a big fat bottle of something naughty :devil:
    Like Absinthe? Or Something Naughtier? I like Absinthe.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    Like Absinthe? Or Something Naughtier? I like Absinthe.
    Pssssst.......vodka has no smell and looks like water :devil:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    umm...there was one in the 80's....

magic mountain has metal detectors and it really does not take long to go through them. One thing that happened there was I made the metal detector go off. They pulled me aside and hand scanned me. It went off right at my purse. They asked if I had a cell phone. i said yes and went to open my purse so they could see and before I could get it open they said no need and let me in the park. I could have had anything. Maybe I just look really honest...LOL
    not sure what a knife fight/homicide in the 80s has to do with this, since that was before bag checks, but anyway...metal detectors don't take long, but they do take longer than bag check (since they involve a bag check PLUS the actual walking through the metal detector). It could get pretty nuts during peak season, and again, it doesn't do that much. Six Flags parks can use them, but they also get SUBSTANTIALLY fewer guests on an average day than the DLR does.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Pssssst.......vodka has no smell and looks like water :devil:
    That would be too easy! Where's the challenge! Where's the adventure in you woman?
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Banned User

It is the most pointless search of all time. Anyone with a knife or gun can just walk right in with no problem. They never search the men, they only search the women who dont want to sneak anything in usually in the first place. I just usually walk right in without anyone saying anything.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    That would be too easy! Where's the challenge! Where's the adventure in you woman?
    Come here little boy I'll show you an adventure(twirls boa)

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Come here little boy I'll show you an adventure(twirls boa)

Note To Self: Go Ahead with the production of "Adventureland" Underwear... :devil:
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast