Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Come here little boy I'll show you an adventure(twirls boa)
    mmmm I love adventure....
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• insufferable know-it-all

Honestly, I'm sick of this "Let's make people feel safe" crap. I'm sorry, whether they're bag checking for real or just lip service, it's not actually doing anything to make the park safer. The truth is, someone who wants to do it badly enough to do it at DL is going to spend some time planning it, and they'll get past all that. What bag check really is, in essence, is a royal waste of time! I'm tired of this "everything changed with 9-11" bull crap. We were in just as much danger pre-9/11 (because hey, it happened), as we are now that it's past us. Only difference is now everyone from the government to the mouse is using it as a scare tactic excuse to take unreasonable measures that interrupt our lifestyle and curb our freedoms because heaven forbid, it might give us a 0.0000001% increase in our safety. Enough is enough!

Scrap the stupid bag check... doesn't make me feel any safer... doesn't make me actually safer. DOES waste my time!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    You need a drink Morrigoon!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Shubisha

The fact is you could have a gun in your pocket and they wouldn't find it because if you don't have a bag they don't check anything and just waive you by.

And of course the brilliance about all these security checkpoints, even the ones at the airports, are that if someone walked up to the checkpoint with an Uzi and started spraying they sure wouldn't be able to stop them for a couple rounds.

-This message brought to you by the letter B, the letter P, and the number 12. Have a nice warm fuzzy day

• insufferable know-it-all

Airport security is a different thing. And yes, it is possible if you're bound and determined to get past it. I remember training for Ground Security Coordinator, they had us come up with ways we could hijack one of our own planes, knowing as much as we did about our airport, etc. Everyone's answer was different, and, frighteningly, everyone's answer sounded equally effective. There is no "perfect" security. In the case of airports, I see the need for what we've got. In the case of Disneyland, pointless.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Smells like beer

The bag check is probably the worst thing in the history of DL. I am not a criminal, I will never be a criminal. Why should I be treated like one.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer
    The bag check is probably the worst thing in the history of DL. I am not a criminal, I will never be a criminal. Why should I be treated like one.
    Wait until they get metal detectors and cavity searches. You will long for the days when all you had was a bag check. Don't blame Disney, instead blame the terrorists that have brought this upon us.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    a little over dramatic...every amusement park that pulls any real attendance now searches bags, so I don't even understand why people are complaining about this. What is the first key to the kingdom?
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Wait until they get metal detectors and cavity searches. You will long for the days when all you had was a bag check. Don't blame Disney, instead blame the terrorists that have brought this upon us.
    I blame our government...who do not know how to deal with the real threat so they treat their citizens like criminals.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I blame our government...who do not know how to deal with the real threat so they treat their citizens like criminals.
    BINGO, SCUBAbe. All this has less to do with keeping us safe, and more to do with keeping us under tighter control.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon
    BINGO, SCUBAbe. All this has less to do with keeping us safe, and more to do with keeping us under tighter control.
    Tighter control? How about safer procedures. Tell me with all of the random shootings that we have, that you don't want some kind of security. The day that innocent people do not die at the hands of criminals is the day we can be willy nilly with our security. Sorry, but I want my kids and even you to be safe at DL.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

"Those, who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

The sad thing is, we'll settle for FEELING safe in exchange for our liberty, regardless of whether we're actually safer or not.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Smells like beer

I do not live my life worrying about other people who might try to hurt me. Why do I have to give up my personal privacy so others can feel safe. The chances of a person doing something "disgustingly evil" at DL are the same as anywhere else. Would you be in favor of a bag check everytime you left your house? Just some guy standing on your porch making sure your not carrying a weapon everyday. Hmmm.....thats not freedom. Personal privacy is very important to me.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Do they still check CM bags before you get backstage? IMO, if anyone really wanted to try anything, they would recruit a CM to get whatever they wanted into the park ahead of time. The last time I went backstage as a CM was in 2002 and my bags were very thoroughly checked- I hope they still do that because that is actually a measure to protect the publc and not just look like you are.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Hooterville, USA

I do not live my life worrying about other people who might try to hurt me. Why do I have to give up my personal privacy so others can feel safe. The chances of a person doing something "disgustingly evil" at DL are the same as anywhere else. Would you be in favor of a bag check everytime you left your house? Just some guy standing on your porch making sure your not carrying a weapon everyday. Hmmm.....thats not freedom. Personal privacy is very important to me.
    You give up your freedoms when you go to DL anyway. They have rules that you have to obey, or they boot you. What's the difference?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast