Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Thumbs down This Year of a Million Dreams is a joke!

I had to say that in hopes that some Disney(land) executive will come across this post. One too many aspects of this whole promotion just get on my nerves whether it be the announcements in the park constantly repeating "the place where dreams come true" or the fact that you now have to win in order to do something simple like ride in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain.

I hope this "first of its kind event" is a last of its kind for "Disney Parks."

• Animatronic

Re: This Year of a Million Dreams is a joke!

I can't wait to win a front row seat in a Peter Pan boat!

• Disneyfanatic, CM

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    I had to say that in hopes that some Disney(land) executive will come across this post. One too many aspects of this whole promotion just get on my nerves whether it be the announcements in the park constantly repeating "the place where dreams come true" or the fact that you now have to win in order to do something simple like ride in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post

I hope this "first of its kind event" is a last of its kind for "Disney Parks."

Oh I know... going from the 50th to this has been just awful. Why can't we stay the Happiest Place on Earth, and why can't Mickey and Minnie wear their classic red outfits for a while? The new merch is horribly ugly. They took "The Happiest Place on Earth" off of everything they could get their hands on, even the retro items that had that on every item earlier in the year. WDW's castle is on EVERYTHING, all our banners, our commercials, our ear hats, everything. (Don't tell me that it's a combo of the castles around the world, because that's just as stupid and frankly I don't believe it.) People come into stores all day every day looking for the cloud giveaway ears and are frustrated they can't buy them. People in DTD bother you EVERY TIME you walk by to take some paper and check out the ugly vehicles they have (had?) out there.

Haha, I know I'm probably being way to negative for some people's liking, but ever since I found out that they're planning to have "Dreams come true" as a "DisneyParks" slogan for at least a decade (maybe even permanently), I've really felt like something has been taken from us forever.

Why don't they give us "dreams" like new versions of Skyway, People Mover, and Rockets? Tomorrowland Terrace gives me hope that Tomorrowland can be an actual land again....

Disney-lover, Dick Van Dyke Fan, Cast Member, Belle Wannabee,

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    This reminds me of the dream of when I shut down Fastpass and made people stand in line for E-tickets again. And then I rode dark rides in Fantasy with a much shorter line like they used to have then I ate a mickey-shaped marshmallow.

And when I woke up, my pillow was gone.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

What I find ironic about the "Year of a Million Dreams" is the fact that most of the prizes are things that they did (or should have been doing) without a promotion. With the exception of giving out free stuff and the big prizes, wouldn't it make sense to just do these things anyway, i.e., pick people to ride in the wheel house if no one does it, or ride in the front of the Monorail, etc. These are things that could (and IMHO, should) be done whether there is a promotion or not. Isn't that the Disney magic that makes it different than other parks?

This promo is a retro active response to the 18 month 50th and they figured they needed something to do after it was over. With the bad response to this promo, I personally hope that next year they go back to just being a great park and forget try to make it a "Year of a ????????"
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Oh yeah, mine is to actually drive one of the cars in Autopia! Front seats on Peter Pan, be realistic.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Jambo!

They barely have enough time to put up new decorations between "celebrations". Between the Millenium, 100 years of Magic, 50th, and now Dreams all within a 6 year span... they just need to take some time between events.

I don't often post here, but this is a subject that I have some strong thoughts about.

I was in Disneyland from Sept 29-Oct 6 for the end of the 50th and the beginning of the Year of a Million Dreams - hoping to be a part of the start of something special (and compete in MiceQuest of course ).

When we first saw those blue ears on Oct 1, we thought "great - lets go to the Emporium and buy a set - they look awesome!" Of course, when we got there, they were no where to be seen.

It took us about 10 seconds to realise they were give-aways. So our next thought was how do we get them. We staked out benches, stalked the dream squad members, everything like that for a couple of days - to the point where we were just frustrated - we forgot to have fun as we were on a quest to get ears/pin lanyards/dream fastpasses etc.

And this is when I noted the major flaw in this promotion - whereas the 50th gave something to everyone in the form of new attractions around the world, and a beautifully restored/repainted/maintained Disneyland - this new promotion is only of benefit to the lucky few picked by the dream squad. And everyone who doesn't win gets to see the highly visible prizes being worn by the winning guests! I was there 8 days and got nothing except a sense of despair at missing out - knowing I wouldn't be back at any other time during the promotion.

I guess it wouldn't have been so bad if the prizes weren't so visible - it was frustrating to be walking down Big Thunder Trail only to see 20 people walking towards us with hats and lanyards grrrr....!!! Maybe if the prizes were things like restaurant vouchers or something that wasn't hung around your neck, the rest of us wouldn't have that same feeling of despair! It took something away from the Happiest Place on Earth during our most recent trip.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by KayBee View Post
    And this is when I noted the major flaw in this promotion - whereas the 50th gave something to everyone in the form of new attractions around the world, and a beautifully restored/repainted/maintained Disneyland - this new promotion is only of benefit to the lucky few picked by the dream squad. And everyone who doesn't win gets to see the highly visible prizes being worn by the winning guests!
    That is how I feel about it too. Only a select few get a "Dream". The rest of us are just regular old guests. Nothing special about us, I guess.

• a wind to shake the stars

It doesn't really bother me. It would be nice if they had spent the money on this promotion elsewhere, but it's not like it detracts from my enjoyment of the park at all. There's nothing wrong with being a "regular old guest," after all.

You can't ride in the wheelhouse anymore!?!?!?!?!

• no flash photography...

The only thing I don't like is how random it is. At least when they hand scratchers out to everyone I feel like I can win. I have yet to even see the dream team.

• The Ghost Poster.

There is an easy explanation of WHY they did the Year of a million dreams. So they wouldn't have to change the fireworks or parade. If you noticed, they haven't changed a bit except the 50th has been removed. I also think this new merchandise is terrible. Also, I absolutely dislike the '' Disney Parks " thing entirely. Every park is different, Disney, don't try to make them all like they're all the same.

I'm disgusted that Disney just keeps the same parade and fireworks just to save a few bucks. But, hey, Disney is a corporation run by people who know nothing of imagination or ideas. All they care about is the stuff that's green and has the famous people on it. Good Grief.

" Doombuggies: The scariest transportation around! "

it still shocks me that people who claim to love disneyland and all things disney can spend so much time tearing it down. the dream giveaways don't go to everyone, but i think it's pretty cool to see exactly whats going on. I can enjoy the generousity and the fun spirit in this campaign instead of thinking about why I'm not personally benefiting from it. I think that over the years Dsineyland and disney has given me so many gifts in the form of memories that to ask for anything more would just be selfish. And by the way you still have a lot more time to be chosen. and soon everyone will be able to enjoy The new submarine voyage, thats a gift we've been waiting for a long time. I guess some people are never satisfied.

• The pride is back.

Gosh, can you imagine what the "dream experience" must be in Innoventions? I mean, is everything suddenly really cool there? Or do they just sneak up behind you while you're waiting to get in and whisk you away to the front of the queue for Space Mountain?

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast