Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• It's all about Theme!

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday: The problem with Jack Skellington

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I don't even go to HMH anymore. I can't say the line "no doors and no windows". So, what's the use?

No, really.
    You can still say "There's no turning back now!"
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Sorry, but I have to disagree with the OP. HMH is a great addition to Disneyland for the holidays. I love everything about it except the long lines to get in! It's always nice to have some type of change, even if it's only for a few months.
    As one poster said, if you don't like it, don't ride it...I agree. If you find yourself complaining and starting a very detailed thread on MC about how you don't like what they did, then maybe you should take a break from the ride for a while? Yes, the OP did say that the concept was a good idea but not the execution, well, if I were you, I'd wait to go on HMH until the execution was done to the way I wanted it to be and just ride the regular HM when it's open without the overlay.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

What started as a good discussion is getting drained by personal attacks. Can we get back to the topic at hand, and stop attacking each other?
    -Monorail Man

• Sock Puppet

First off, I really have to say Master Gracey has created an excellent thread here. He has beautifully summarized all of the problems that Haunted Mansion Holiday has. I couldn't agree more with what he has said.

Haunted Mansion Holiday, in my opinion, use to be an excellent and fun twist to the original mansion (which in it self is now a disappointment to me). It was a fresh change to a classic ride. But since its opening in late 2001, the attraction, in my eyes, has steadily decreased in both fun and creativity.

My biggest problem: it never changes throughout the years (except the gingerbread house in the Ballroom scene plus a few other minor things).

In my full opinion: it is boring now. And it shouldn't be since I only go on HMH once every year. I know what is coming. I know what to expect. How fun is that? They need to do and add things that will bring in new excitement and surprise (I.e. new stain glass windows, new morphing paintings, new dialogue, new attic scene, new graveyard number, more AA's).

And since Haunted Mansion Holiday is such a huge success and widely popular attraction and we know it is going to be around for quite some time, why don't they make real 3D sets with some character instead of cheap painted plywood sets? It absolutely drives me nuts.

More on this a bit later - I'll be adding some pictures in.
    Last edited by Disneyland_Forever; 12-27-2006 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Spelling Corrections

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    What started as a good discussion is getting drained by personal attacks. Can we get back to the topic at hand, and stop attacking each other?
    I agree.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland_Forever View Post

Haunted Mansion Holiday, in my opinion, use to be an excellent and fun twist to the original mansion (which in it self is now a disappointment to me). It was a fresh change to a classic ride. But since its opening in late 2001, the attraction, in my eyes, has steadily decreased in both fun and creativity.

My biggest problem: it never changes throughout the years (except the gingerbread house in the Ballroom scene plus a few other minor things).

In my full opinion: it is boring now. And it shouldn't be since I only go on HMH once every year. I know what is coming. I know what to expect. How fun is that? They need to do and add things that will bring in new excitement and surprise (I.e. new stain glass windows, new morphing paintings, new dialogue, new attic scene, new graveyard number, more AA's).
    Do they add a lot of new stuff every year to It's A Small World XMAS overlay and not HMH? I figured it's about the same between the two rides, isn't it? If it is, how come HMH is getting more flack than Small World? Both overlays are just as popular, aren't they?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345