Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Shredder

Vash's Trip Report 12/24 (More Pics, Even More Info)

Sorry but some of the pics are blurry, very sorry!

Hey guys I'm back... I know I know it's a little too soon to be post yet another trip report on Christmas Eve but I really couldn't resist. So here's the jist of our morning: We (My brother, Mom, Dad, MaiRulzYou, and Me) got up at about 10 and didn't get to the park until about one which was pretty upsetting as we missed our first meet at the hub... very sad.

Fortunatly I included a pic of our group!

On our way over to Indy, we discovered that the park was really going to be empty in comparison to the crowds later so we hit the great dark ride with much enthusiasm! I really do love this ride and was kind of sad to see that it lacked in the refurb department... the effects really need to be worked on in my opinion, but the vehicles take the cake on this one as I noticed that on the steering wheel of our jeep only had a small layer of duck tape hiding the huge gap in the cushion. Bad form for Disney...

After the Temple, we made our way to its neighbor Jungle Cruise to get some great shots of the classic AA's that fill the ride! It was a very nice cruise with an "okay" captain but what really caught my eye was that the CMs working all got new uniforms, differed from the Indy suits they all had before, here are some great shots from our photographer, MaiRulzYou!

Best pic of new uniforms, sorry...

Bet you've never seen these!

I thought it'd be nice to see the Disney Gallery at least once on our visit so we headed up the stairs to see just what was in store. I found the gallery to be a little confusing this time with the pirates exibit in the front and Disney memerobilia in the other rooms... strange I think... Anyways, we continued our tour with a veiw from the balcony which made it a great place for some nice photos!

After our tour, we strolled on over towards the Golden Horseshoe to see our favorite all time show: Billy Hill and the Hill Billys! Wow.. What a great performance, the lead Billy was right in step with his famous Elvis impersonation and the band was an awesome sight to behold as they played Flowers on the Wall and Puddle Prance, great stuff!

We then headed our way over to the Haunted Mansion Holiday which was a good break from the usual Mansion I'm used to seeing... I never noticed this before however: lights in front of the head sculptures in the queue.. Weird stuff!

After that nice little joy ride, we went on Splash Mountain where we saw some incredible spots where repair was extremely necessary! I'm really glad that they're putting this great attraction under the tarp for a while because it most certainly needs it. I very happy to see the hidden CM however, it kind of creeped me out but I mustered up the courage to wave at her and she waved back... at least I thought it was a she... Anways, we then hurried along to catch the Aladdin Show after the flag ceremony.

It was awesome to see the lowering of the flag for the first time on Main Street and it brought a tear to my eye to think of all the good men out to war right now instead of with their families.. what a tragedy this world has become... it's places like Disneyland that make it that much brighter of a place.

My thoughts on Aladdin: 3 out of 5. It was not the greatest show but it was alright... The new Eago was much more animated and Jifar really took the show with his use of speech emphasis, go bad guys! As far as the Genie went, he was much worse in comparison to the one I'm used to seeing and Jasmine was a little chubby with her facial expressions all out of whack! Her singing was good but she just bothered me somehow. I have pics to show of these things!

After a nice show and some good time spent at DCA we headed over for some last rides at Disneyland such as Buzz, Space Mountain, and the Matterhorn all in between seeing the fireworks and grabbing some coffee at Main Street. The carolers were really good this time around in the coffee shop but only sang 2 songs! Anyways, we had a great time riding some of our favorites and even saw Fred on our visit on space making the rest of the night ubber sweet!

Carolers in the day at the coffee shop

On our way out from the park though really made me stop with my mouth wide open.. all the characters you could possibly imagine had lined up along the railings and walkways of the north side of the Main Street Railroad Station! Characters like the Genie, Buzz, Sparrow, Hook, Mr. Incredible, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Tiger, Pooh, Cinderella, Pan, Bell and the Beast, with about 4 dozen more characters had completely filled the station all while waving at guests when they left at the park closing at 9... a truly great sight to see where I wished the pictures of the event came out!

It was a lovely day in the park and I can't wait to visit again tomorrow which brings me to the question, anyone visiting the park the next couple of days? I'd really like to see some of you! See you in Disneyland!

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Vash's Trip Report 12/24 (More Pics, Even More Info)

Thanks for sharing great report

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I think you did great. Awesome pictures!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Knight that says Nee!!

The Pictures were awesome! Thanks so much! I have always gone a few weeks before Xmas...I hear the crowds are pretty bad on the 24th and 25th...true or no?

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Great pics of alladin! couple of the characters have change or rotate but one of them seems familiar! Thanks =)

• Shredder

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    The Pictures were awesome! Thanks so much! I have always gone a few weeks before Xmas...I hear the crowds are pretty bad on the 24th and 25th...true or no?
    thank you for the compliment, and yes, usually the park is very full on those days but yesterday was pretty bare so I expect there to be a ton of people tommorow!

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

That was a great way to wake up on Christmas morning! Such a good job. Sorry we missed you yesterday. I hope to meet you in the future!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Banned User

Awesome report!

Thankyou for all the compliments on my pictures! This makes me happy. =D Wait untill you see the rest!!!
    Each emotion is a different flavor. What flavor do you like?

• Minion

ORDDU: Now let's understand something right now, Vashsky666, duckling. You're one gorgeous hunk around here who NEVER has to apologize for coming around too much. As a matter of fact, my only complaint is that I don't get to see more of you--much, MUCH more!

ORGOCH: Well, Good Lord, I'll just bet Dustysagebrush is a lovin' this!

• Main Gypsy

Awesome trip report and beautiful pictures! Nice picture at the hub and maybe sometime soon you will be able to go to a meet. They are loads of fun!

• Popular Princess

great trip report and pics! thanx for sharing!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Magnificent & Marvelous

Thanks for sharing your pictures! I like the one at the hub!

Happiest Memories on Earth!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Excellent report!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

Awsome pics! got any more to share??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast