• Comin' at ya!

Disneyland Shipping costs

I'm going to DL and I want to buy stuff, but since I'm going by plane I will have no way to transport these home (unless I bring anothe suitcase). So I have a few questions:

A: Do ALL disneyland shops ship? If not, which ones don't?
    B: Are there any deals I can get?
    C: Do they charge shipping by a standard rate, weight, location, or value?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Disneyland Shipping costs

I know that World of Disney, The Disney Gallery above Pirates and Disneyana on Main Street offer shipping. I think most of the stores that carry specialty items also do this. As far as I know there are no "deals" for special rates. The cost will be based on weight plus any special handling required and are whatever the current rates are from UPS or Fed Ex. I am pretty sure on the more expensive items, like a Big Fig, you can get insurance and I would do that if I were you just to cover any damage that occurs during shipping.

When are you coming Disneyland and from where? Hope you have a great time.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• World Traveler

You might want to compare the prices to ship something yourself (via the post office or a UPS store), rather than Disneyland shipping it for you. Last time I checked, they were much more expensive.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I'm going to DL and I want to buy stuff, but since I'm going by plane I will have no way to transport these home (unless I bring anothe suitcase). So I have a few questions:

A: Do ALL disneyland shops ship? If not, which ones don't?
    B: Are there any deals I can get?
    C: Do they charge shipping by a standard rate, weight, location, or value?
    A: Mostly. Shops that don't are ones that don't have cash registers (ie. ODV glow carts) and the outside vendors play by their own rules (the Heraldry Shop, the Aribbas Bros. crystal shops, the crystal magic shop in the castle)
    B: There are no deals.
    C: Generally items are charged by a standard rate, which is based on the cost of an item.

• Banned User

bring a duffle bag. and just take it on the plane with you. I go and when I do I am usually stuffed to the gills with stuff, I just put a duffle bag in with my suit case, then I put my stuff in it to go home. I usually wrap the breakables with my extra cloths easy and no need to spend money having it shipped. you can bring 2 luggage and 1 carry on. I even put my purse in . those duffles hold a lot! its a pic, I carried them on board before.

We shipped a train set home from the Emporium shops on Main Street and I don't think it was very expensive. Although the nice woman who helped us had never shipped anything before which I found odd. I was actually a little worried that it might not make it home but it came a day after we returned!! It was a wonderful service!! Of course the rest of the stuff we bought we just shoved in big bags we got from the Disney stores and carried it on the plane. You can take one carry on item and one personal item (like a purse etc. . ) My bag of goodies was very large but I just put it in the overhead bin and didn't have any problems with it!! Good luck and have a great trip!

• The Fantasyland guy

Shipping is not that bad from the resort. I dont think it was that much more then going to the UPS store.

I do recall it being more, but not a considerable amount that would make me go outside to a UPS store to ship an item. I guess the way I see it is if you are willing to pay $63 for one day in the resort and 9 attractions, you should be able to afford shipping.

• Sock Puppet

Shipping from the resorts is terribly costly because it is based solely on the dollar value of the item. Things that should cost $20 to ship can cost as much as $90 if the item is expensive. They have no mercy.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Great Mr. Lincoln View Post
    Shipping from the resorts is terribly costly because it is based solely on the dollar value of the item. Things that should cost $20 to ship can cost as much as $90 if the item is expensive. They have no mercy.
    I agree. I ahve never been able to see how a merchant can quantify shipping costs based on purchase price. It is a major rip-off!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037