Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going to DL pregnant

I was wondering what rides I will be able to ride. I will be going to Disneyland in a week or two and I am 3 months pregnant. I know I can ride fantasy land rides and Haunted mansion and Pirates. I know that theres NO WAY Im riding Indiana Jones WAY too bumpy and such. The rides I'm really wondering about is Splash Mountain (Because the Drop I'snt that bad but, in the middle of the ride it comes to a fast stop) and Space mountain (The new SpaceMountain is much smoother than before and you go no faster in a car then you do on the ride.) So I would like to know what people think, What people recommend and so on. Also when does the "Holiday" Season end (Christmas Fireworks, HMH, IASWH)

Thank you very much!
    What would I do to see you smiling at me? where would we walk where would we run? If we could stay all day in the sun?!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Going to DL pregnant

The rides you listed as questionable are recommended by Disney as rides not to ride when pregnant. Just because Space Mountain is smoother does not mean it's a good idea. Anything fast I believe is out of the question.

I don't know how far along you are, and every woman's body is different...but a member on this board relayed a story of a pregnant woman that he knew had a miscarriage on Pirates of the Caribbean.

Stick with the slow-moving, "gentle" rides.

The best thing to do is go onto the website and look. At the bottom of each page for whatever ride, it will say if a pregnant woman should ride or not.

The holiday season ends on January 7th.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I would say avoid anything with a lap bar, with the exception being the dark rides in Fantasyland, although those could to a sudden hard stop in case of an emergency.
    A signature should go here.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    I would say avoid anything with a lap bar, with the exception being the dark rides in Fantasyland, although those could to a sudden hard stop in case of an emergency.
    Agreed. And actually, quite a few of the Fantasyland rides stop hard at the end.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• I love this place!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    I experienced a hard stop once on Space Mountain, felt like the lap bar was cutting me in half even with the padding. I have to agree that anything with a lap bar is a BAD idea.

Im only 3 months. SusieP. I never thought of the Lap Bar thing. Thats something I will keep on my mind the entire time. I have never heard of someone having a Miscarrige on Pirates but I have several friends who rode Pirates pregnant with no problems and they were anywhere from 2 months to 9 months. Plus, Being a little father than 3 months my tummy isn't buldgeing. Still I have to be very cautious of things.
    What would I do to see you smiling at me? where would we walk where would we run? If we could stay all day in the sun?!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Bulging tummy or not, theres still a baby in there.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by 5hr drive View Post
    I experienced a hard stop once on Space Mountain, felt like the lap bar was cutting me in half even with the padding. I have to agree that anything with a lap bar is a BAD idea.
    That can't Be good. No SP, MHM, SM, TM, ST Or IJ For me!

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Bulging tummy or not, theres still a baby in there.
    Of course I know that I Have even named my little fetus "Squishie" I have to take very good care of Squishie!

• The pride is back.

"And he shall be my Squishy."

Yep!

• The pride is back.

Somehow I feel that specific ride advice should come from the source, rather than us. That said, here's Disney's official list of attractions that feature the "expectant mothers should not ride" message:

At DL
    Autopia
    Big Thunder
    Gadget’s Go Coaster
    Indy
    Matterhorn
    Space Mountain
    Splash Mountain
    Star Tours

At DCA
    California Screamin’
    Grizzly River Run
    Maliboomer
    Mulholland Madness
    Orange Stinger
    Soarin’ Over California (this one makes no sense to me)
    Tower of Terror
    Tuck & Roll’s Drive-Em Buggies

• Feeling LOVED

I was overly cautious when I went when pregnant ...I didn't go on anything that had a drop...even pirates, lap bar....nope...Just things like Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise and Mark Twain. Just being at Disney was enough for me. Take care of that lil "squishy"
    HEARTS CLUB !!

Thank you! Thank you for all the info! Squishie and I will travel around DL and be very safe!

• Koubu Pilot

I still remember when we went to Disneyland when my mom was pregnant with my brother in '95. Nice thing about that time is the PeopleMover was still around.

Pirates is still ok, but if you don't feel well, avoid it.

One thing you need to remember about Mr. Toad is that the scene with the train simulates driving on railroad tracks and it's bumpy. My mom didn't feel to well after that, so she took it easy for a while before getting a few of the other rides.
    Last edited by Koutesu; 12-28-2006 at 08:06 PM. Reason: misspelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast