Ariel's Grotto and GCH Questions

I am booked through Costco Travel...has anyone ever paid the difference to change from the character breakfast to lunch at ArielsGrotto? I have three girls who would really like some Princess time...looks to me like this might be the best bet? Any menu information would be appreciated as well.
    Second question, we are staying at the GCH. When Disney California Adventure closes earlier than Disneyland are we still able to get back to the hotel via the park? Or do we need to get back some other way.
    Thanks in advance...we leave in 15 days! Yippee!
    Last edited by mjjpower; 12-26-2006 at 08:52 PM. Reason: typos

• Feel the breeze!

Re: Ariel's Grotto and GCH Questions

Quote Originally Posted by mjjpower View Post
    I am booked through Costco Travel...has anyone ever paid the difference to change from the character breakfast to lunch at ArielsGrotto? I have three girls who would really like some Princess time...looks to me like this might be the best bet? Any menu information would be appreciated as well.
    I have not paid the difference. What is it and where is the character breakfast supposed to take place at?
    I do know I love eating at Ariel's Grotto.

Quote Originally Posted by mjjpower View Post
    Second question, we are staying at the GCH. When Disney California Adventure closes earlier than Disneyland are we still able to get back to the hotel via the park? Or do we need to get back some other way.
    Thanks in advance...we leave in 15 days! Yippee!
    Once DCA closes you will have to enter the hotel from Downtown Disney. From Disneyland the walk is slightly longer, but not much.

The best resource for menu information around is at:

www.dlresortinfo.com

We just returned from Disneyland on the 23rd, and found the menus to be current. We haven't been to Ariel's (my 6 year old son would never go for it!) but we did do Goofy's. IMHO, it didn't live up to my expectations. The food offerings weren't what they used to be, and there were minimal characters moving throughout the restaurant.

Have a great time!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Ariel's Grotto does NOT serve Breakfast.

They charge the SAME price for Lunch or Dinner, in fact it is the exact same menu. (Ariel's Grotto tends to open at 11:30 AM, and closes about 2 hours before park closing).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Shablagoo!

Ariel's is awesome. The food is good and the character interaction is top notch. If you have princess obsessed people in your group it is the thing to do and worth every penny. Here is my overall review from my recent trip report. I was just there in November so it is recent.

I thought the food was very good for in park food, especially the desert. The service was excellent. My drink never even approached empty and my food came out in an orderly fashion. The waitstaff was alwasy willing to help me with a picture. The princesses were fantastic. They were friendly and warm. They never made me feel weird or childish. They all spent time at my table, made small talk and took great pictures with me. If you want to have a great princess experience make sure you go to this lunch. It has the Princess Fantasy Faire beat hands down. I would do this one again in a heartbeat.

• Circle of Ancients

Once DCA is closed , you will have to go back to the GCH via DTD, but it's not a bad walk at all and there's lots to see and do along the way!

The Ariel's lunch and dinner with the princesses is great, not so much for the food but for the character interaction! And I guarantee you will get plenty of sugar since you get dessert with your meal and then cotton candy with your check! I think the meatloaf is the best entree.

I have the Costco package, too. I do not know if you can use the character breakfast coupon on the lunch instead. It might say in the literature that comes with the package. Otherwise, why don't you call up Disney dining and ask.

I went to Goofy's Kitchen years ago and wasn't impressed either. But, then again, I kept comparing it to Chef Mickeys at WDW.

We had a great time at Ariel's Grotto as well. We've been twice -Sept '04 and Jan '05. I'm glad to see from Melonballer's trip report that it is still going strong. We'll be back Valentine's Day '06! We've seen Mulan both times, my daughter's favorite princess - so that's been a bonus!

Smile Re: Ariel's Grotto and GCH Questions

I called Disney Dining and they said "no problem" switching my character breakfast to Ariel's Grotto for dinner...it's actually less money she said. I am thrilled because this is where my three girls wanted to go and now we can do a dinner instead which I love!

I recomend Ariel's. Really good food and great atmosphere.

Especially the hot princess'.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas View Post
    Especially the hot princess'.
    Um.

These are the games that never end.