Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

Perhaps Will could replace the Hat Pirate and be holding Elizabeth??

Not an ideal situation, but I am not happy about them being added in the first place. It just means that something else has to make way...
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

First, **kudos** to pineapple whip for the concise correction: captain vs. auctioneer.
    Since the only element of POTC that was actually replaced was "Blackbeard", it would seem they are reluctant (as they should be) of replacing anything. We can certainly expect additions, but I would be surprised if we see any large-scale replacements in order to fit in other movie characters.**crossing fingers**

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    The only problem I have with it is there seems to be two captains on the ride. Barbossa and the original selling brides. Two captains, one ship? Adding more, to me just confuses the story line.
    But, people aren't there for the ride any more by what everyone is saying. They just want to see Jack - they could care less about the story line ... because honestly ... what story line is there now?

With the next refurb the should change the name from Pirates of the Carribbean to The Curse of the Black Pearl.

i would guess that they would put elizabeth somewhere in the bride scene, and as for will, i honestly have no idea. i do like the idea of replacing the fighting shadows with a fighting will and norrington. could be fun.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    i would guess that they would put elizabeth somewhere in the bride scene, and as for will, i honestly have no idea. i do like the idea of replacing the fighting shadows with a fighting will and norrington. could be fun.
    When I think of Will and Norrington fighting, I think of a segment I saw on Travel Channel. The segment showed a scene from the POTC in Euro-Disney in which a man, dressed like Will, is sword fighting with another man. If Euro changed their ride to include Will and Norrington, that scene would be the perfect fit.

• Delawarean Girl

I wonder where they would fit also. I keep thinking in the very end with Jack there.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Since the only element of POTC that was actually replaced was "Blackbeard", it would seem they are reluctant (as they should be) of replacing anything.
    Huh? They replaced:

1) The music (down the waterfall, in the caverns, in the cannon scene). No more yo ho at the beginning.
    2) The dialogue where Davey Jones inexplicably appears
    3) Blackbeard
    4) The lady coming out of the barrel
    5) The two animatronics at the end lifting the treasure
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Huh? They replaced:

1) The music (down the waterfall, in the caverns, in the cannon scene). No more yo ho at the beginning.
    2) The dialogue where Davey Jones inexplicably appears
    3) Blackbeard
    4) The lady coming out of the barrel
    5) The two animatronics at the end lifting the treasure
    I believed the thread to be speaking of physical elements, not the soundtrack or lighting/visual effects, since we were talking about placement of AAs. I thought of the barrel lady, but since that gag has undergone many changes since she first appeared, I disregarded it. Same thing for the "treasure-hoisters" which was an addition in itself. Blackbeard I already mentioned.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I believed the thread to be speaking of physical elements, not the soundtrack or lighting/visual effects, since we were talking about placement of AAs. I thought of the barrel lady, but since that gag has undergone many changes since she first appeared, I disregarded it. Same thing for the "treasure-hoisters" which was an addition in itself. Blackbeard I already mentioned.
    I personally miss the YO HO YO HO - they should put that back. That IS the POTC Theme Song - it should be heard there.

• Earth Intruder

I believed the thread to be speaking of physical elements, not the soundtrack or lighting/visual effects, since we were talking about placement of AAs.
    Aaah I getcha. I thought we were talking about adding voices to them and stuff too. I was just wondering there... to me, show elements also have to do with lighting and visual effects.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Aaah I getcha. I thought we were talking about adding voices to them and stuff too. I was just wondering there... to me, show elements also have to do with lighting and visual effects.
    I whole-heartedly agree!! I miss the Yo-Ho-ing down the waterfall as much as the next swab, as I've lamented before! Sorry to confuse everyone. Ignore me. But don't really *ignore* me.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I whole-heartedly agree!! I miss the Yo-Ho-ing down the waterfall as much as the next swab, as I've lamented before! Sorry to confuse everyone. Ignore me. But don't really *ignore* me.
    Ok.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I personally miss the YO HO YO HO - they should put that back. That IS the POTC Theme Song - it should be heard there.
    By The Powers, You're Right, Mate!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Personally - and not to make people upset - but I think that any additon of 'movie characters' to POTC just commercializes this classic attraction. I believe it 'detracts' from it's original charm.

• Blood Type:Mint Julep!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I just hope they don't mess with the Swamp scene at all. That is my favorite part of the ride.

I think, if anything, Elizabeth will probably be one of the ladies chasing the pirates. I think, if anything, Will would fit in either the battleshipscene (As one of the shadows you see having a sword fight on the wall, and possibly in the burning village scene.

But I obviously could be wrong .
    That's a good one! Put the AA of Will where the sword fighters are! That would be cool!
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123