Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Question Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

I seem to remember that there was a rumor that Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann would be added to the PoTC attraction to coincide with the release of Pirates of Caribbean: At World's End in summer 2007. Is there any truth to this? I can't remember hearing anything about this recently...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

Not a rumour. Read on...

Will & Elizabeth to join POTC attraction?! - 6/25/06
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ight=dick+cook
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Defying gravity

Thanks! Sorry, I didn't mean to double post. Is there an exact date when this will happen? (Being lazy today, didn't feel like reading that entire thread back from June.)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Should coincide with the film's World Premiere (no date or location confirmed at this writing) in May.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Should coincide with the film's World Premiere (no date or location confirmed at this writing) in May.
    That is what I figured. I'm asking because the general refurbishment schedule through May for DL is now out and there is no mention of a ride closure for PoTC.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I am ok with the current additions, not too thrilled these 2 new AAs are bing added. Where will they fit in exactly?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Senior Minion

I don't like any of the POTC movie stuff in the ride at all. It was bad enough that they changed stuff to make it more PC. Plus, I wonder the same thing as jmuboy - where will they fit in?

Also, are they doing the same thing to the POTC ride at WDW?

• Minion

A shame. Using these characters is turning a successful first-person guest experience into a third-person passive viewing experience by empasizing their tacked-on "story." At best the three movie characters should be confined to one cameo in a prison cell or something that doesn't disrupt the flow of the traditional Pirates experience. Too late now, I guess.

Sadly, it's the E-Ticket version of what was done to Swiss Family Treehouse.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    A shame. Using these characters is turning a successful first-person guest experience into a third-person passive viewing experience by empasizing their tacked-on "story." At best the three movie characters should be confined to one cameo in a prison cell or something that doesn't disrupt the flow of the traditional Pirates experience. Too late now, I guess.

Yep, POTC is now a just a caricature of it's former self.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    I am ok with the current additions, not too thrilled these 2 new AAs are bing added. Where will they fit in exactly?
    Maybe in the well-dunking scene? "Weeeeeel...don't beee cheeeekin..."

• Kevin's a girl?

Captain Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones (Even though he is projected onto mist) looks real. Where would Elizabeth Swan go?

With the pigs?

Kidding

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I personally think Sparrow & Jones & Barbossa characters need to be removed - and a BIG NO to putting in any other 'film characters'. I feel the attraction is being cheapened by this - simply because the attraction made the movie - 36 years later, and not the other way around - personal opinion of course.

When I see Sparrow and the rest of the folks now added to this attraction, I just see their celebrity - I don't see their 'movie character'. So, to me, it just seems like Johnny Depp is 'all over the place' now - not Sparrow or anyone else.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post

So true.

• Blood Type:Mint Julep!

Put Elizabeth in place of the red headed wench, Turner in the well, and Gibbs with the pigs!

Seriously though are the new AA's supposed to be from the new movie? So far we've seen Elizabeth in her dress, her fighting clothes in the second, and the picture of her in the Asian garb in the third.
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I personally think Sparrow & Jones & Barbossa characters need to be removed - and a BIG NO to putting in any other 'film characters'. I feel the attraction is being cheapened by this - simply because the attraction made the movie - 36 years later, and not the other way around - personal opinion of course.

When I see Sparrow and the rest of the folks now added to this attraction, I just see their celebrity - I don't see their 'movie character'. So, to me, it just seems like Johnny Depp is 'all over the place' now - not Sparrow or anyone else.
    I totally agree with your point of view on this whole makeover. I really don't like it one bit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast