Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Shredder

***Fantasmic! Complaint!!!!!***

Oh my god!!! I just saw Fantasmic! and I was ver irritated by something I saw, okay didn't see... the front projector was dull (the projector that projects the images onto the water), I mean DULL. The picture it was projecting didn't even show up and after hours of waiting for this great show I was really bummed and I'm sorry to rant but just thinking of the people having to pay (the ones up in the VIP seats) to watch the show expecting the best, got the worst!

The others were fine but this one was exteremly dull, it was like it wasn't projecting it's own light or something and for this to be so important and to not have it work... even on the second show... is discraseful! I was wondering if anyone else saw this or if this has been happening before. If anyone has anything on this plz share...

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

Re: ***Fantasmic! Complaint!!!!!***

They do occasionally have technical problems. We once waited hours, the show began and then about 5 minutes into the show there was a major technical problem that forced them to shut down and cancel the performance. We've never even tried to do Fantasmic again. My kids actually hated it and were happy when it broke down.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Vashsky666 View Post
    Oh my god!!! I just saw Fantasmic! and I was ver irritated by something I saw, okay didn't see... the front projector was dull (the projector that projects the images onto the water), I mean DULL.
    Things break...nothing to get upset about. Maybe it broke right when the show started. Would you rather them cancel the whole show? I'd rather see F! with 1 dull projector than no F! at all.

Sounds like the lamp is failing. The lamps used in these projectors don't just "Burn out" like a regular light bulb. They slowly go dark untill there is next to no output. Usually they will start doing this about 3/4's into their lifespan which can be as little as 500hrs on up to 3000hrs depending upon the type of lamp. Sometimes they will fail catastrophically (explode) but this is not common.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Things break...nothing to get upset about. Maybe it broke right when the show started. Would you rather them cancel the whole show? I'd rather see F! with 1 dull projector than no F! at all.
    Shouldn't they keep track of things like this? PLEASE tell me that they're not trying to squeeze every dime out of these lamps before they go bad. I think DURING A SHOW is a BAD time to find out your equipment isn't working. I would think that all of the spots and other lights used for the shows are changed out far before they're due to expire.

But hey. Mistakes happen. I just want to be sure they're not cutting corners to say a few precious $$$.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Shouldn't they keep track of things like this? PLEASE tell me that they're not trying to squeeze every dime out of these lamps before they go bad. I think DURING A SHOW is a BAD time to find out your equipment isn't working. I would think that all of the spots and other lights used for the shows are changed out far before they're due to expire.

But hey. Mistakes happen. I just want to be sure they're not cutting corners to say a few precious $$$.
    I doubt it is so much an issue of penny pinching so much as the fact that Fantasmic will now be having a 4-month refurbishment from January to May, so they would rather not cancel a show during the Christmas season and wait til early '07
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• It's all nonsense

I totally agree. I want to believe that the projector began to malfunction during the show. However from what Dutchman said above this might not be the case as he states the lamps fail gradually over time.

I guess we might not ever know.

• Hooterville, USA

Life sometimes has disappointments.

Don't let it ruin your day.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Wishing

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84 View Post
    I doubt it is so much an issue of penny pinching so much as the fact that Fantasmic will now be having a 4-month refurbishment from January to May, so they would rather not cancel a show during the Christmas season and wait til early '07
    was it announced somewhere I missed that Fantasmic was going into Refurb? I looked up the schedule of events in late January and Fantasmic is still listed as playing twice a day. But then the disney site has been wrong before.
    Most often found at a theme park

• n/a

As someone who has to deal with these things everyday, let me stand up for them. The most one can really do in an enviroment where the projectors are mounted and focused onto a an area that the audience can always see, the most you can do is count the hours on the lamp. Just consider yourself lucky that a warning didn't pop up telling you that lamp will need replacing soon.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I remember Topher telling me about the Final Bad Girl going up the lift to turn into the dragon and then the lift was suppose to go back down during the dragon emerging.. well she didnt and she was stuck there the entire rest of the show.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Its going down for a referb. Things break occasionally. I"m sure it will be back up and running good as new when they finish.
    Janette

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    As someone who has to deal with these things everyday, let me stand up for them. The most one can really do in an enviroment where the projectors are mounted and focused onto a an area that the audience can always see, the most you can do is count the hours on the lamp. Just consider yourself lucky that a warning didn't pop up telling you that lamp will need replacing soon.
    Exactly. The wild card in the whole shebang is that you get lamps that fail way before they should, and ones that last way past. It's the former that throws things for a loop. I've had it happen at the worst possible times, and depending upon the situation either continue on or shut it down and change out the lamp (after it cools down) and start over.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    or shut it down and change out the lamp (after it cools down) and start over.
    Lol...I can imagine the show stopping and that professional announcer voice saying: "Sorry folks this will have to be a do-over. I repeat, Fantasmic is taking a mulligan and restarting in 15 minutes"

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Vashsky666 View Post
    Oh my god!!! I just saw Fantasmic! and I was ver irritated by something I saw, okay didn't see... the front projector was dull (the projector that projects the images onto the water), I mean DULL. The picture it was projecting didn't even show up and after hours of waiting for this great show I was really bummed and I'm sorry to rant but just thinking of the people having to pay (the ones up in the VIP seats) to watch the show expecting the best, got the worst!

The others were fine but this one was exteremly dull, it was like it wasn't projecting it's own light or something and for this to be so important and to not have it work... even on the second show... is discraseful! I was wondering if anyone else saw this or if this has been happening before. If anyone has anything on this plz share...
    The projectors are in replacing need because I too think they are getting dull.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast