Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Does Disneyland Still Have An Official Ambassador?

I was watching my new Walt Disney treasures DVD, when I was reminded that Disneyland had an official ambassador at least at one time.

The lady in the Disneyland 10th anniversary show wore a tour guide-type outfit. Walt explained that she would be travelling around the world to tell people about new things happening at the park.

It seems to me that when WDW first opened, they had one too.

Do we have ambassadors now for all the different "Disney Parks"? If so, it's not talked about much.

Just curious.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Does Disneyland Still Have An Official Ambassador?

I know that we have one on new Year at the rose parade.
    Disneyland official ambassador.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Yes, in fact, Disneyland now has two, as they decided they needed two due to all the events regarding the 50th, so they announced 2 in October of 2004 for the first time.

Saw them both at the Rose Bowl Team ceremony yesterday, Becky Phelps was the M.C. for the event (and did a great job), and then Andrea Rivas came in at the end with a gift to present to both coaches.

The ceremony was one of their last functions as Ambassadors, as their 2 year term (twice as long as normal) will end, and January 1st, 2007, Adonis Reeves and Garnett Schoonover will replace them.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Thanks, akfan and Darkbeer, for the info. Really appreciate it.

--Barry

PS...I'd still like to know more about the places they visit, and things that they do throughout the year.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Sadly, the official Disneyland Ambassador image isn't Hot Horsemistress A Go-Go anymore, but more like Branded Corporate HR Representative. They went from being Batgirl to Barbara Gordon...??? Where's the cool fantasy outfit?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Sadly, the official Disneyland Ambassador image isn't Hot Horsemistress A Go-Go anymore, but more like Branded Corporate HR Representative. They went from being Batgirl to Barbara Gordon...??? Where's the cool fantasy outfit?
    You just had to bring up the girl who I'd managed to forget....the girl who could take a sixth grade boy's fancy to thoughts of....ahem.

Hot Horsemistress? Well, Walt does mention that she looks like a jockey -

--Barry

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

You are forgetting the fact that Babs Gordon is still a fiery redhead, and that's just cool.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

The $100 dollar Bill?
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Minion

Well we know who the "beautiful people" are... When ever I see one, I think "stepford wife."

THATS IT! Make ASMIO and PUSH the next ambassators.
    Last edited by cellarhound; 12-27-2006 at 02:00 PM.
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

And where's the regulation riding crop today?

Oh, be-haaaaaaaaave!

Adonis and Garnett, the new 2007 Ambassadors, are very attractive young women. They had pictures of them on Laughingplace recently. Adonis is a strikingly beautiful black woman that reminds me of Diana Ross circa 1966 (except with a different hairdo and no beaded Bob Mackie gown), and Garnett is the classic and pretty SoCal blonde girl-next-door.

Ambassadors do get dressed up in rather dull, corporate blue suits with tasteful heels, but such is the face of 21st century corporate Disney now. Since they pick such attractive girls for this job, they could at least dress them so that people know that they are attractive girls instead of corporate automatons.

Now the Walt Disney World Ambassadors, on the other hand, have a completely different vibe and "look". For the past few years in Florida they seem to go out of their way to pick anyone who isn't an attractive young woman. At WDW they get some rather, uh, eclectic looking Ambassadors.

Disneyland Ambassadors look great on TV. WDW Ambassadors are better suited for radio.

• Minion

And where's the regulation riding crop today?

Oh, be-haaaaaaaaave!
    Who needs a riding crop when you can have tazer diod's sparking at celebrities...

We can even pipe in Eisner's voice saying the word "Exterminate!" ad nausium.
    Check out my other blog:

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    Adonis and Garnett, the new 2007 Ambassadors, are very attractive young women. They had pictures of them on Laughingplace recently. Adonis is a strikingly beautiful black woman that reminds me of Diana Ross circa 1966 (except with a different hairdo and no beaded Bob Mackie gown), and Garnett is the classic and pretty SoCal blonde girl-next-door.
    Wow I thought the Ambassador for the 50th was Julie Andrews. Now that the park is "Julie-free" I sort of assumed Shari Bobbins took over the position.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Is there any sort of list for all of the past Ambassadors? I went to high school with one of the Ambassadors back in the early to mid 90's. So I'm just curious.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    Funnily, I went to 8th grade and high school with Adonis. Not only is she a very energetic lady and talented dancer, she's very smart, and was among the top students in our graduating class.

I was watching the High School Musical Pep Rally a couple of months ago and spotted Adonis in the performance. It cracked me up that she was playing a high school student... she's 31 going on 32!!!!! She also performs in Block Party Bash.

Another of my old classmates (and neighbor) was a Disneyland Ambassador a few years ago. Heriberto Garcia, who sometimes goes by Eddie, Heri or Harry (that kid had lots of nicknames). I think he was the Ambassador circa 2001 or 2002.

My Inland Empire high school turned out a few Disney "celebs" it seems!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast