Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former JC Skipper

Thumbs down It's Getting Bad...Trash in the Magic Kingdom.

Normally I try not to write posts about standards or how they have fallen. There are plenty of other writers out there that are happy to document every section of chipped paint in every corner of the theme parks. Nor would I want to call attention to an issue if I felt it was a one time occurrence, a simple one time slip, or an isolated thing. No, what I am worried about, and what I have witnessed is something that I have never seen in a Disney park before...Trash left all over the queue lines…on multiple occasions. Last night my wife and I enjoyed a trip to the park, just the two of us. We went to enjoy Haunted Mansion Holiday because it will be gone in a few weeks. The wait time was short...about 15 minutes. We went around the side of the mansion into the queue lines and immediately noticed trash around each and every curve. Used napkins, drink cups, popcorn, garbage in amounts that we have never seen on the ground before...not just a few items, you literally had to walk on and over. And this is not the first time the Disney was disgusting. A few weeks back we took our son's to Disneyland for the evening. Space Mountain's queue, Buzz Lightyear's queue, and even the queue line for Casey Jr. were all the exact same way. On the west coast I blame the 50th crowds for the lapse...For 18 months there were so many people it was impossible to clean properly, but now that the crowds have gone and it's possible to walk on to Space Mountain some nights, the problem is highlighted. I'm all about change and not about clinging to the past, but Disney Parks...where dreams come true, absolutely need to cling to the clean standards of the past. Chipped paint may detract a little from the magic...walking on other peoples trash is just disgusting!!!!

• The pride is back.

Re: It's Getting Bad...Trash in the Magic Kingdom.

"Normally"? This is your first post.

I agree. Things could look a lot better, but they could be much worse. I remember a water bottle in the scenery of Splash that was there for about two weeks.

• Former JC Skipper

This is true...most of the time I let my Wife post on this site while I write for another one, but I felt so strongly about this I felt I had to this time.

• The pride is back.

Knew it had to be something like that. Longtime lurker, first-time poster.

• official corn dog taster

oh i thought this was a post about how bad it was PEOPLE trashING the park...oh well
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• Minion

When we were there in September, I walked through Tomorrowland Terrace, and was appalled at the trash everywhere, and no one bussing tables. I rarely eat there nowadays, It just isn't the same as it used to be. I used to have such great times there. Of course with the revolving castmembers, and not enough of them, I'm not surprised. I am sure it is a real shock to those guests who aren't in the know about these things, to see Disneyland looking a bit dirty!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom View Post
    When we were there in September, I walked through Tomorrowland Terrace, and was appalled at the trash everywhere, and no one bussing tables. I rarely eat there nowadays, It just isn't the same as it used to be. I used to have such great times there. Of course with the revolving castmembers, and not enough of them, I'm not surprised. I am sure it is a real shock to those guests who aren't in the know about these things, to see Disneyland looking a bit dirty!
    Yeah. I have been really confused lately about the eating places at DL. Not too long ago it used to be if you ate at a place like Tomorrowland Terrace, you did not have to bus your on table. You would just get up and go, and a CM would clean your table. Now, it's like a fast food place where you have to bus your own table after you're done. But I still see CM's there, so I don't know if you have to bus your own table or if they still do this for you. The last time I ate there I saw people bussing their own tables but there were also CM's there, so I didn't know what to do. I wound up bussing my own table, which I didn't mind doing, but it felt a little awkward as this was the first time in my life I had to do this in my 38 years of going to Disneyland.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I've noticed this - and I was astonished. NO BUENO!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

While it can be due to a CM shortage, I've also noticed a HUGE difference in guest behavior between DL guests and those at WDW.

I frequently see people throw trash all over DL. Yet, when we visited WDW in October, people used the trash cans. I never once saw a person toss stuff on the ground.

It might be due to the fact that WDW is a destination resort that is not cheap to visit, and Disneyland is more easily-accessible and affordable, therefore, it attracts those with less appreciation for cleanliness. Now, I'm NOT saying that "rich people are clean and poorer folks are dirty", because goodness knows I've witnessed quite the opposite at times. I'm just talking about that the places seem to attract people of different upbringings, and since WDW is a once-a-year visit or less, people might respect it more. It's a frequency thing.

• Earth Intruder

Remember, if you brought trash with you to Disneyland : LEAVE HIM AT HOME NEXT TIME. Jeez.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Remember, if you brought trash with you to Disneyland : LEAVE HIM AT HOME NEXT TIME. Jeez.

• Banned User

Why cant Disney keep up on Walt's Perspective on things?

•   
    • Senior Minion

It is the mentality of most people today to just be dirty. People today think they are in their own universe and assume that somebody will come by and clean up their mess after they are gone - and they are wrong. Just because there are CM's there to clean up Disneyland doesn't mean that you should add to their load and contribute to the dirty appearance of the park.

How hard is it for these folks to hold on to their trash until they get to a trash can and dispose of their waste properly? It irks me that people just leave their trash all over the place, and yes, even at tables at the many eating places scattered throughout Disneyland. Just bus your own table folks, it won't take you out of your way or too much time to do it - and if a CM sees you doing it sometimes they take the tray out of your hands too.

Not only Disneyland, but the parking lot gets a lot of trash too. Seriously, the last time I was there a family just cleaned out their car right there and left a good pile (or should I say mountain) of trash in their parking spot. I just don't get people today.

Off topic, but I've noticed this at movie theatres too. People just leaving their stuff on the floor or in the cup holders. I wonder what is wrong with these people that they can take the stuff INSIDE the theatre, but can't take it out. Do they like looking like pigs I wonder?

I apologize if this came out a bit harsh, but it is a touchy subject for me. Obviously it isn't directed to anybody here, because I know we take care of the park we so love ... but most people just don't have any common decency anymore, nor any sense of shame to think twice about dropping their trash wherever they please. I just hope things change soon.

• Earth Intruder

^^ Maybe they think little woodland creatures will come to clean up after them. Tweet tweet!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Hooterville, USA

Usually if I see trash, I pick it up.

I am really anal about it.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast