Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Question to Former DL Cast members

Did you get to keep your CM namebadge after quitting or did you have to turn it in to DL management?

I am just curious.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: Question to Former DL Cast members

Got to keep my name badges. But had to turn in the ID card.

• Former Cast Member

like wise, I kept my name tags (I have several from different years), but turned everything else in.

I kept my badge with my service pin attached.

• The Fantasyland guy

hmm... sounds like someone is thinking of getting a job just for the nametag.

Is it just me, or does this sound like a very UNSAFE thing to do? Whenever I hear parents in Fantasyland talking to their kids, they always say something like "You can trust anyone with a nametag." If they allow CM's to keep the nametag, what’s to stop a child predator from getting a job at the resort, quitting, then keeping the name tag to be "trustworthy"

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post

Is it just me, or does this sound like a very UNSAFE thing to do? Whenever I hear parents in Fantasyland talking to their kids, they always say something like "You can trust anyone with a nametag." If they allow CM's to keep the nametag, what’s to stop a child predator from getting a job at the resort, quitting, then keeping the name tag to be "trustworthy"
    As opposed to just getting the job to go the park for free and sign-in friends? I know a guy that worked a Blockbuster for like 1 day a month, just for free video rentals- he could have cared less about getting paid. It's a perfectly innocent question.

• Winter in Oceanside...

If they allow CM's to keep the nametag, what’s to stop a child predator from getting a job at the resort, quitting, then keeping the name tag to be "trustworthy"
    You don't need to have been a CM to have a nametag. Just buy one at the park - kids (and some adults) surely won't be able to tell the difference.

• The Fantasyland guy

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    You don't need to have been a CM to have a nametag. Just buy one at the park - kids (and some adults) surely won't be able to tell the difference.
    yeah, I know. But to get a REAL nametag si different.

With the exception of the 50th "Golden" nametag, the ones in the park have been a completely different color so that you could tell it apart from the real ones. Most kids can tell colors a part from each other at a very young age. Even at 5, parents are around their kids.

But when you get a little older, like 8 or 9... your parents might not watch you every second or even let you go free and meet up with you later.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I think have 3-4 various nametags from my time spent as a CM. But trying to return to the park with your nametag to try and mess around is not the smartest thing to do. And besides, they're always issuing new nametags which you can only get if you're a current CM.

They were pretty strict about giving out new ones too. You had to return a piece of it to get a replacement.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Prototypeking237

Cool

• Minion

You are supposed to return the nametag upon leaving employment but I doubt anyone really does. I kept mine from the "40 years of Adventure' celebration in 95.

Oh, and you don't want to be caught on company property in regular clothes and a nametag on. One time, while waiting in line for Space Mountain, there was a girl and her friends a few feet ahead of us in line. Near the Starcade doors (this was a while ago) there was a security CM standing there and when he saw the girl with the CM nametag he walked over to her and confiscated it. I overheard him saying something that it was Disney property and he would have to take the tag back and I remember some fellow CM's doing similar acts of confiscation when Captain EO was still open. There was some kid on Jungle Cruise and he was wearing the special purple 3D glasses while on the ride and the skipper asked if he could see em and he took em from the kid, telling him that they don't belong to him and was going to return the glasses where they belong.

• Circle of Ancients

No, not me.

I was just curious if you get to keep them or not. And I'm not interested in applying for DL job just for the nametag. I'm already happily self-employed.

Oh, and I do have two DL nametags that sells to the public. I believe they are $6.00 each. I have a regular red one and a 5Oth anniversary one. BTW, I get asked lots of questions by the public because they do think I do work at DL even though I am in my regular clothes. And I don't mind answering their questions.

BTW- all of your answers are very informative.

• Banned User

Someone is going to get ideas on here from what you stated.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

During my time of employment, I kept all 4, I think, different style badges we used...and a one year and five year service pin ...an "America On Parade" nametag among them.

I wish I hadn't lost or thrown out so many things in my younger days...if only I knew then what I know now.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• C4C6C

I kept both the name tag and id (1992). I will try to scan it in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast