Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 12/26: Sub Lagoon paint and night lighting, Midway Mania, Rose Bowl

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND
    Disneyland was packed! Ticket booth queues and extended queues were completely full at 11:30am. So full, in fact, that queues began wrapping around the backs of the ticket booths.

Media check-in for the Rose Bowl event was outside of Disneyland, between Guest Services and the Main Gate. Official Rose Bowl merch was available across the esplanade between the DCA Main Gate and the Downtown Disney secutiry checkpoint.

Lights and a ladder was out in front of the Matterhorn. Not sure exactly what was for, but we reckoned it was to get a nice press shot of some Rose Bowl players going through splash-down on the Matterhorn.

NEMO'S WONDERFUL WORLD OF COLOR - PART 2
    Another sneak peek inside the Sub Lagoon...

Is this colored sand for the bottom of the lagoon? Or is it bags of colored glass paint mix?

Some construction equipments hidden in Autopia greenery:

..... And a sneak peek at the Sub Lagoon's new lighting! It's looking really amazing at night...

ROSE BOWL EVENT SET-UP
    We didn't watch the Rose Bowl ceremony in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, but here's a look at the set-up...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 12/26: Sub Lagoon paint and night lighting, Midway Mania, Rose Bowl

DIRT MANIA
    Not much to look at still at Midway Mania. Just a lot of dirt and rubble...

...And on the backside of the coaster....

DISNEYLAND HAS NOW ENDED
    ITS NORMAL OPERATING DAY

Hope you enjoyed the update

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 12/26: Sub Lagoon paint and night lighting, Midway Mania, Rose Bowl

Thanks for taking these great pictures. Its sure nice to finally see the lagoon shaping up.

• Senior Minion

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 12/26: Sub Lagoon paint and night lighting, Midway Mania, Rose Bowl

The lagoon is looking excellent! Great job on the night shot.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

thanks for the pics!

• Shablagoo!

Thats for the update. The lagoon is starting to get really interesting.

Great pictures!! I especially enjoyed seeing the updated pics of the SUBS, those colors look fabulous! I can't wait for this attraction to open!

Yaaaaaaaaa SUBS!!

• official corn dog taster

yeah...colour in the lagoon looks GREAT!! thanks for posting
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

The 2 night shots are great! Thanks for sharing.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Is it me or are the colors of the reef in the lagoon too much to be realistic? Are they going for a natural look or a cartoony look? I don't really have an opinion on which one I prefer, maybe I can judge more based on some comments...

• World Traveler

Those were great pics. I swear I imagined a white fish in one of the lagoon shots.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Is it me or are the colors of the reef in the lagoon too much to be realistic? Are they going for a natural look or a cartoony look? I don't really have an opinion on which one I prefer, maybe I can judge more based on some comments...
    Cartoony look for sure. It looks just like the Nemo movie!

I also think they are trying to keep the colors brilliant when seen through water. And over several years of direct sunlight. Right now it looks like Fluorescent Rave Reef. I am curious to see it from the Sub-Eye POV.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• White and Nerdy

Very cool. Thanks.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Hmm. Yes, I suppose those colors are meant to hold up through many months on being hit by direct sunlight, and hopefully this will wind up softening things a little bit.

Hopefully the end result will be colorful rather than gaudy. I am still on the fence on this.

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: PHOTO UPDATE 12/26: Sub Lagoon paint and night lighting, Midway Mania, Rose Bowl

Great piccies. Thanx for sharing!

Regardsarama,

Jon
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast