Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

innoventions was my daughter's fav

Innoventions was my 8 year old daughter's favorite attraction. which is one i would not of picked, it's not the most glamourous of "rides", but she picked it as her # 1. Mine was pirates, we went on it 3 times and the 3rd time had a boat all to ourselves. Just an obvservation that you can never tell what will spark an interest with kids

• Santa Barbara, CA

Re: innoventions was my daughter's fav

I think the content of Innoventions is perfect to entertain an eight year old. After all, it is a Carousel. When she's nine she may outgrow the whole thing.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    Innoventions was my 8 year old daughter's favorite attraction. which is one i would not of picked, it's not the most glamourous of "rides", but she picked it as her # 1. Mine was pirates, we went on it 3 times and the 3rd time had a boat all to ourselves. Just an obvservation that you can never tell what will spark an interest with kids
    This is exactly the point I was trying to make in a different thread that I posted today.

My son is 8 years old also. For some reason he thinks parking in the parking structure is a must-do to start his day at Disneyland. I prefer parking in Timon because not only is it close, but it is the old parking lot and has a lot of nostalgia for me.

Let's see things at the perspective of an 8 year old...

An 8 year old kid does not remember Disneyland by itself. They know only the DL resort the way it is now, with DL, DTD, and DCA. They do not remember just Disneyland and the parking lot.

Innoventions was always there, as well as HISTA and the new Autopia. There was never a motorboat ride. Toontown was always there. It was never a wooded area next to IASW.

Nor was there ever a Country Bear Jamboree. Splash Mountain was always there. There was never a wooded hill in its place with a snoring bear.

My 8 year old loves Haunted Mansion Holiday but is still afraid of the "Regular Haunted Mansion". He only knows the PC version of Pirates. It is the Tarzan Treehouse, NOT Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Nothing goes on at Tahitian Terrace. He doesn't know Aladdin's Oasis either.

And, most importantly (and on a personal note) he never knew the Citrus House. (Now those were the days!)

Does this make Innoventions somehow inferior or any of the other attactions? Not at all. Innoventions is his memory of Disneyland and his reality.

To him, this is Disney perfection. The subs are coming back. Coming back for us, brand new to him. Some people may think that adding Pixar to the ride and elsewhere to the park is sacrilige. To him, Pixar and Disney are synonymous.

I think it is up to us to teach this future generation to appreciate what they currently have, and to build upon this as they imagineer future expansion to the Park, based on the current reality they face.

• Hooterville, USA

From Carousel of Progress to America Sings to finally Innoventions.

That alone is why TL is a stinkeroo.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    From Carousel of Progress to America Sings to finally Innoventions.

That alone is why TL is a stinkeroo.
    Don't know if you read my thread but and 8 year old has never heard of Carousel of Progress or America Sings. Innoventions is the only thing they know. It stinks in our perspective. To a child's, they have nothing else to compare it to.

Oh -- how can I forget. My son's favorite ride is Star Tours. He definitely does not remember Adventure Through Inner Space. (Nor does he even really care).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I used to ask my parents what America Sings was. They said it with such enthusiasm, that I wish I got to see it.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    we love inoventions!!! my daughter who was standing behind me when I read this said the same thing, she loves inoventions!! I think that place is great and not enough people go there and see whats offered. I will always stop in and see it on all my trips!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    This is exactly the point I was trying to make in a different thread that I posted today.

My son is 8 years old also. For some reason he thinks parking in the parking structure is a must-do to start his day at Disneyland. I prefer parking in Timon because not only is it close, but it is the old parking lot and has a lot of nostalgia for me.

Let's see things at the perspective of an 8 year old...

An 8 year old kid does not remember Disneyland by itself. They know only the DL resort the way it is now, with DL, DTD, and DCA. They do not remember just Disneyland and the parking lot.

Innoventions was always there, as well as HISTA and the new Autopia. There was never a motorboat ride. Toontown was always there. It was never a wooded area next to IASW.

Nor was there ever a Country Bear Jamboree. Splash Mountain was always there. There was never a wooded hill in its place with a snoring bear.

My 8 year old loves Haunted Mansion Holiday but is still afraid of the "Regular Haunted Mansion". He only knows the PC version of Pirates. It is the Tarzan Treehouse, NOT Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Nothing goes on at Tahitian Terrace. He doesn't know Aladdin's Oasis either.

And, most importantly (and on a personal note) he never knew the Citrus House. (Now those were the days!)

Does this make Innoventions somehow inferior or any of the other attactions? Not at all. Innoventions is his memory of Disneyland and his reality.

To him, this is Disney perfection. The subs are coming back. Coming back for us, brand new to him. Some people may think that adding Pixar to the ride and elsewhere to the park is sacrilige. To him, Pixar and Disney are synonymous.
    I appreciate your viewpoint, but I think it's misguided. Artistic creations either have inherent value, or they don't.

Nostalgia might hold value for some people, but it's not necessarily the reason something is good.

• Minion

Specifically, what aspect of Innoventions did she respond favorably to? I can understand ASIMO being a favorite, but what else? Describe her experience there...

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I appreciate your viewpoint, but I think it's misguided. Artistic creations either have inherent value, or they don't.

Nostalgia might hold value for some people, but it's not necessarily the reason something is good.
    I must say I disagree with this. Art does have inherent value to a certain extent, but also a person's culture and environment play into what is artistic and what isn't. So, art has an intrisic value that calls it art, but nostalgia (that is what you are accustomed to by your culture and upbringing) also plays a factor.

That being stated, it is not my job to instruct my son as to which features of Disneyland are good and which are bad. I can merely point out those things that define and are examples of Disney quality. It is up to him, based on his own perspective of nostalgia and Disney culture to determine for himself what Disneyland features are good and which ones should be improved upon.

• Dreams do come true

My 8yr old also loves it, he has been dragged out of there many times complaining We just got in here!!

• Directly directed

Innoventions is one of my dad's favorites and he's 55. He can spend forever in there!

• Santa Barbara, CA

My 8 yr old loves the Car Wash too, and finds it more interesting than Innoventions.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    My 8 yr old loves the Car Wash too, and finds it more interesting than Innoventions.
    Ok, that got me rolling!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

>>My 8 yr old loves the Car Wash too, and finds it more interesting than Innoventions.<<

LOL - - or the donut machine at Krispy Creme!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast