Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Just got a couple of prizes due to the Mail-In entries to the YOAMD contest

The Mailman just came to the door, with TWO packages from Walt Disney World (Lake Buena Vista, Florida), both 10"x8"x6", certified mail costing $6.80 each in postage.

Each box had a Pair of WDW Dream Ears and a card, which had this message written in English, Spanish and French. (Disney Font)

Congratulations, as part of the Year of a Million Dreams celebration, you are a winner in the Disney Dreams Giveaway.

Keep Dreamin!

Carrie Schiden
    Area Manager Dream Squad

So it does pay to send in those postcards daily (I do two a day, one of me, and one for Lisa).

In case you want to know more about how you can win by sending in a postcard, just check out the thread below.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37937
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 12-30-2006 at 03:30 PM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Just got a couple of prizes due to the Mail-In entries to the YOAMD contest

Interesting.

I bought some postcard stamps a while back, planning to do the mail-in entry, but I've been too lazy to actually sit down and write out a bunch of post cards and send one off each day. I guess I should get to it!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Postcards? That's too much effort for me. LOL!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

By the way, the packages were postmarked December 28th from Orlando. Plus this might just have been the ears, and that other prizes will be coming in a few days (Heck, the USPS gets three days off due to NYD and in respect for President Ford, so no mail until Wednesday).

• "714"

pictures???

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Banned User

I better get off my butt and start sending postcards!

• Minion

Great news Darkbeer!! Was one for you and one for Lisa? We are currently at Disneyland and will have to wait til we get home next week to find if we won! (5 a day, me and 4 kids... Wonder if I could have entered for the dog... He dreams of D-Land too!)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Wow, that is great news. They definitely sent them to the right guy since many of us have followed your instructions on how to enter.

I'm sending my cards and dreaming of Tink pins!

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing

• Main Gypsy

Cool and Congrats! Hopefully I will get something in the mail soon as we have been mailing 5 postcards a day...

I have a question though... Since they came from Orlando, do you think you were chosen from WDW lot of winners? I thought the mail-in cards were to a company in IL?

• Banned User

very cool Dave

This so fun! I have been sending in my postcards using the patented Darkbeer method and although I have not heard from Disney regarding winning ( or even how tidy and uniform my postcards are) I am still hopeful for 2007!

• Banned User

WDW dream ear... those are rare... hard to get... even harder than fastpasses...
    since they dont give them away to 100 guests who enter honey i shrunk the guests...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    WDW dream ear... those are rare... hard to get... even harder than fastpasses...
    since they dont give them away to 100 guests who enter honey i shrunk the guests...
    Is this a joke?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Great news Darkbeer!! Was one for you and one for Lisa? We are currently at Disneyland and will have to wait til we get home next week to find if we won! (5 a day, me and 4 kids... Wonder if I could have entered for the dog... He dreams of D-Land too!)
    Actually, both came under Lisa's name....

And don't enter the dog, Murphy's Law says the Dog would win the "big" prize, and would require the notary paperwork..... And that means No prize...

One per PERSON (any age) per day.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast