What should we do?

I'm taking my kids Girl 6, Girl 4, and Boy 2. To Disneyland for the first time. We are going for three days with Hopper passes. We'll arrive the first day in the afternoon. What are must dos?

• Banned User

Re: What should we do?

Try Fantasyland and New orleans square first. Those attractions suit your kids the best. After that try heading to Mickey's Toontown and do a few things there, and head over to the Fantasyland Train station and ride aboard the train.
    Last edited by barfownz; 12-30-2006 at 05:10 PM.

With the young kids you might want to check their heights. You really can't do many of the E-ticket rides (the mountains). I would recommend most of the fantasyland rides. (Peter Pan normally has the longest line so get there first thing in the morning.) Also Buzz Lightyear Astro Blastors is great as is the Autopia. Also the Jungle Cruise. If you make it to DCA (Disney's California Adventure) I would definetly recommend It's Tough to be a Bug (a little loud but when I was there there was a lot of young kids) and Monsters Inc. (Monsters is themed very well).

• Main Gypsy

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Get a Space Mountain Fast Pass. IF the line is short for Space Mountain, then get the fastpass and wait in line.
    Hmmm....
    The height requirement for Space Mountain is 40". While your 6 year old maybe old/tall enough, I am unsure if she would want to ride a dark coaster ride; you know her best. If you have a little adventurer like I do, maybe you or her dad could take her on while the other parent and siblings wait for you while they do something else....

Definitely get to Fantasyland as early in the morning as possible. If your kids are star wars fans, go watch Star Wars training academy. If the kids would enjoy participating, have them in the front row (so get there a little early) and have them hold a sign that has something to do with Star Wars. This is a good time for you to get a bite to eat.

With my little one, we really enjoy Playhouse Disney and Talk with Crush (from finding Nemo). You'll find these exhibits in Hollywood Backlot of Disney's California Adventure.

I would also recommend, but not for the little ones, riding on Soaring over California. Perhaps you and your husband can split up, while one does Disney Playhouse with the kids the other does Soaring, which means you can skip the long line and ride as a single (same as fastpass). And then you and your husband can switch. The kids get to do Disney Playhouse twice.

Also Bugsland and the Redwood Creek Challange Trails. Both in Disney's California Adventure.

What can I say, I'm a bit partial towards California Adventure.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Fantasyland first with these little ones.Peter Pan is always 45 minute wait all day after the first couple hours so do that first,and Dumbo line gets long as well,those are the 2 most popular rides in FL.The fantasyland dark rides might be too intense for your 2 youngest.if the evil witches don't scare them,then cool.Haunted Mansion Holiday might be scary to them in the elevator especially.Get the entertainment guide at the gate.this has all the show schedules from both parks.The girls might like the princess faire at the toon town enterance.Billy Hill and the hillbillies are fun for all ages.With 3 days you can take your time and enjoy some slower moments like shows.Watch the Pirates show by Cafe Orleans.On 1 day maybe go to Ariel's grotto for lunch,your kids might like to meet Ariel.They can also meet Ariel near the Buzz lightyear ride.Many of the characters appear at 10 am at the Main gate with the Disneyland band.Your kids might enjoy the kiddy rides at DCA.All height resticted rides allow parents hand overs so each adult can ride while the kids wait at the exit with a parent.Single riders are available on Splash MTN.Soarin' and screamin' in DCA.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

It's their first time?

Let the kids choose!

You can pick up the "slack" in the next 2 days and steer them around, but let them guide you and see it through their eyes.
    A signature should go here.

• We wants the Redhead

I would go with what the big kids want to do first. Like others have said I would check height requirments before you go, that way you can prepare them for what they can and cannot go on. I know my oldest son got upset when he first found out he could not go on certain rides. Then once the big kids have gotten their fill, go on a few things everyone can go on; pirates, Haunted House, train etc. I find my two year does not care, just as long as he gets to go on rides... Make sure to get your parent pass, it makes it nice to go on again. PLus the older girls can take turns going on the ride twices with you or another adult you are with....
    Janet
    John 3:16

Whats a parents pass???

• We wants the Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Five View Post
    Whats a parents pass???
    If you have a younger child who cannot go on a ride, the parent who waits with that child can get a pass for two to go on the ride. That way both parents can ride the ride without both having to wait in the long line. You enter through the fast pass line with your parent pass. My sister and I take turns taking the big boys on while on of us sits with the babies (2 & 3). Then whoever watched the babies will go on the ride and we usually take turns taking an older boy on with us. The boys love that they get to often go on a ride twice in a row....
    Janet
    John 3:16

Thank you everyone I'm going to try it. Luckily I have a package that includes early entry on Friday to toontown and on Saturday to fantasy land. Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy a lot more of the park. Does anyone know if the end of March is busy? We'll be there the 23rd thru the 25th. Again thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun! I would save Fantasyland for when you have early entry. My kids always enjoy Jungle Cruise and Small World and also Winnie the Pooh.

Depending on what time you get to DLR, the Cookie Making is really fun. The Jasmine storytelling in Adventureland is also a hit and of course, Tiki Room!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    It's their first time?

Let the kids choose!

You can pick up the "slack" in the next 2 days and steer them around, but let them guide you and see it through their eyes.
    I agree with Susie. You'll have 3 days, so let the kids do whatever they want the first day.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx