Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
    Yeah, I absolutely agree. I really loved that parade!
    Here's a challenge... anyone have the Party Gras parade music? I have never seen it floating around the internet, but I'd love to hear it again!
    Party gras indeed ROCKED! A long long long time ago (probably four or five years ago) I was able to stream it from the internet and I recorded it (from my computer speakers which accounts for a huge loss in quality of the audio) but I have it none the less... with the whole Latin music section included!

Apart from the poor quality (from being recorded from my speakers) the streamed file was a bit flawed in the middle and I tried to edit out some of the excess/repeat that accounted for the flaw but the soundtrack does jump at ONE point bit during the file HOWEVER as I said it was a repeat in the "Conga" chorus so the MP3 is in its entirety just with one insignificant little "jump" in the middle of the file during a repeat segment of the Conga chorus.

ANYWAY... if anyone would be able to host the file, I would be more than happy to forward it on. The file is 11.2 megabytes and 12:14 in length.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

I loved the Party Gras Parade, too! Fun upbeat music with lots of energy. The current parade at DL has some fun floats, BUT the main song they chose sucks!!!
    Phil Collins Brother Bear music is WAY too Bland and even though they tried to make a happy peppy version, it's still blechhhhhhh! And the official song for DL's 50th sucks too. It's way too plain! WHY don't they understand it should be fun.

For the DCA Block party they have "fun" music, but nothing original.

• Fortune Red Says....

oh ppppppppppppppppppppppleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssss ssseeeeeeeeeee someone host it... that was my favorite parade ever and would love to see it again!!!!! cant anyone help out???
    "Childishness? I think it's the equivalent of never losing your sense of humor. I mean, there's a certain something that you retain. It's the equivalent of not getting so stuffy that you can't laugh at others."
    ~Walt Disney

• Fortune Red Says....

well i did some looking around and on visionsfantastic.com they have a great archive of audio and video of old parades... including the Party Gras Parade.. heres the link:
    http://visionsfantastic.com/visions/.../partygras.wma
    "Childishness? I think it's the equivalent of never losing your sense of humor. I mean, there's a certain something that you retain. It's the equivalent of not getting so stuffy that you can't laugh at others."
    ~Walt Disney

Wow thanks tahitian terrace22 for finding the music!!!!!!!!!!! I was dancing around my house thinking I was at Disneyland.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Quote Originally Posted by tahitian_terrace22
    well i did some looking around and on visionsfantastic.com they have a great archive of audio and video of old parades... including the Party Gras Parade.. heres the link:
    http://visionsfantastic.com/visions/.../partygras.wma
    "OK, I think I already said to check VisionsFantastic," he said in the bitchiest voice he could muster.

Anyway, glad everyone's enjoying it.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Minion

That was the summer I worked on Main Street, and I got to see and hear that parade twice a day EVERY DAY. Trust me, you get a tad bored with it after a while. But it's nice to hear it again after, wow, FIFTEEN YEARS already.

Getting old sucks. That's why we have Disneyland. To keep us forever young.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

I think the best Disneyland parade music could be the American Gazette parade. Every unit of the parade had its own band of live musicians and its own cast of great dancers. The Charleston band, 50's band and 40's band were all great. Also the last float (from the last incarnation of the parade) had Goofy as Michael Jackson in his spangled Pepsi soldier outfit and silver sequined glove, and played a rock version of "Yankee Doodle Dandy" (also a live band) which was really fun.

For recorded music, I never got sick of Donald Duck's 50th parade, and of course Lion King was great.

I recently heard the Tokyo "remixes" of Electrical Parade for the first time. I have to admit I think they improved on the original, it sounds great!

Thumbs up I remember that

I remember that parade Asterix it was in the early 80's I think? I have pic's of that parade somewhere in my house? I remember Goofy dressed as Micheal Jackson also wasn't pluto in the 40's unit?

• Disneyland Freak

Wow that sounds like a different file than the one I had.... I'm not sure what's different about it. It seems more upbeat but I'm not sure.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

aww man... those pics take me back. I think I was 10 when Party Gras was happening. Those were *my* golden years at DL

• Having a Grand Day!

Ok, I wish the music for this parade had not been posted. I cant resist the beat! Addicted to the music... I love it!

Now I want to see a video ...
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 05-27-2005 at 04:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12