Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Re: New Year's Eve 2007 - News and Running Report Thread

Thanks for the reports. We'll be there in a couple of days, when it's less insane.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

• Across From DL

umm SpokerJones......

I used to be a Cast Member at DL the shifts for NYE normally end at 3:45am or later this is normally DL's busiest day and I can guarantee that alot of CM's have worked well over a 40 hour workweek and it hurts to get extended 6 days a week, cut the CM's some slack without them there would be NO Disneyland!

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    To avoid crowds, we've set up shop at the old Motorboat Cruise dock and are playing Mickey Mouse Monopoly!

I like how the only reason you posted this picture was to show the world that you have ALL the money MasterGracey!!!

I hate you for taking Steamboat Willie from me!!!

BEST DAY EVER AT DISNEYLAND! ;D
    Woo Hoo!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Oh boo-hoo. They're going to call in sick because they were scheduled to work until 3am? It's Disneyland and it's New Years. It's not unreasonable to be asked to work that late, even if you normally work during the day. Cry me a river. What a horrible work ethic. Go in and do your job.
    I agree, CMs shouldn't be calling in, period. However, what I got from my exchange with the CM was that CMs are getting shifts they normally wouldn't be getting.

For example, CMs who are normally scheduled morning or afternoon shifts were scheduled to come in the evening instead and stay late.

My understanding was the scheduling wasn't normal, but CMs really shouldn't be complaining... afterall, its not a normal day. With the park staying open till 2am, they should be expecting demanding shifts. Its what they're getting paid double-time for.

Whatever.

If you are still coming, or reading this from inside the park, be aware of the understaffing, and be patient with CMs. They're doing the best the can under the circumstances.

..anyway, I needed to find an electrical outlet to charge my phone up for the rest of the night, so we've set up shop in the Golden Horseshoe, and we're continuing our game of Mickey Monoply.

Fun fun!

We're just going to watch the New Year fireworks from wherever we're at in the park. We haven't really decided what we're going to do in regards to the countdown and fireworks yet....
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 12-31-2006 at 07:30 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Thanks so much for the running commentary -- you're brightening my New Years for sure!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Someone in the park please get Ministrychick77 a couple of maps, please-please?? She is my neighbor and since we can't be there..... will someone please be a Micechat pal and do this?? I know it's crazycrowded..... but if you could do this it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!!

• Across From DL

Wolfy 999 if your out there please get me some maps or dustysage pls oh pls

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

• Down Under without Nemo..

MasterGracey - I love this update - thank you SOOO Much for letting me be there with you from the other side of the world !!

...Oh, and have a corn-dog for me, will you ?
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

While I was talking to the CM in the watch shop, she was notified by a fellow cast member that her shift had been given a MANDATORY EXTENTION. Instead of going home at 7:30 after her 8 hour shift, she was going to have to stay for a 12-hour shift, getting her out of the Park at 11:30pm.
    I don't think this is legal. I would go to the labor board if I was a CM. My work has madatory overtime a lot, but they have to give us 24 hour notice. They can't tell me once my shift begins I have to stay later. They do cut hour lunches back to 30 minutes without notice, but that doesn't effect me. I only get 30 minute lunches anyway. They will offer voluntary overtime if they realize the day of the it's going to be buiser than planned.

IDK...it just seems wrong to have mandatory shift extentions without notice. that would play havoc with child care and other personal commitments.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I don't think this is legal. I would go to the labor board if I was a CM. My work has madatory overtime a lot, but they have to give us 24 hour notice. They can't tell me once my shift begins I have to stay later. They do cut hour lunches back to 30 minutes without notice, but that doesn't effect me. I only get 30 minute lunches anyway. They will offer voluntary overtime if they realize the day of the it's going to be buiser than planned.

IDK...it just seems wrong to have mandatory shift extentions without notice. that would play havoc with child care and other personal commitments.
    I thought this as well. I guess I should have told the CM this, but I didn't.

But yeah, with California's strict labor laws, this doesn't seem like its legal. But I really don't know...

Maybe Frogberto, our resident lawyer, might know?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Sock Puppet

Very exciting to have your reports, MasterGracey, particularly those of us who are far far away.

• We wants the Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I have really enjoyed following this thread... Thank you for updating it!!!

I was thinking the same thing. For all the CM's with children that would be very hard to reschedule, especially childcare on New Years. Plus, that sucks if you have NYE plans...

My sister and her Fiancé are there and their two kids. I just called them and they said it is crazy. They are just hanging out and enjoying the people watching.... While I would love to spend on NYE at Disneyland, I think I will continue spending them with my family in the mountains near Yosemite...
    Janet
    John 3:16

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Good evening all - I'm not at the DLR tonight but home alone cuz my wife is working - thought I'd check in..

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Kwgrlup View Post
    . While I would love to spend on NYE at Disneyland, I think I will continue spending them with my family in the mountains near Yosemite...
    It would be more relaxing that way. For me crowds do not equal fun and I would just be very irrated all night long. The pictures of huge spaces be taken by blankets with one person on them irrated me and I'm not even there...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    Someone in the park please get Ministrychick77 a couple of maps, please-please?? She is my neighbor and since we can't be there..... will someone please be a Micechat pal and do this?? I know it's crazycrowded..... but if you could do this it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!!
    please get me one to!!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast