Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Tours/ Episode III Question

Firstly, I just want to state that this is NOT meant to spoil anything for people who have not yet seen the movie. no spoilers here

i saw the movie last night for the first time, and during every big, wideframe shot of huge spaceports, or places where crafts land, or anything like that, was I the only person who was looking for a starspeeder 2000 (or whatever the official name of the star tours vehicles are)? with all those different ships in those ports, and with lucas publically hinting at a new star tours, i wouldn't be all too surprised if he did throw one or two in those shots, maybe just as another hint, or as a subtle push at disney. my eyes were scrambling during any of those scenes to see if i could find one (or perhaps more, it would be cool if one of those spaceports also happened to have a "terminal" for the star tours company), but the shots cut away too quickly for me to see anything. I was just wondering if i was the only one who did this, and if i wasnt (hopefully i wasnt the only disney freak thinking about star tours during that movie lol), did anyone happen to see the star tours vehicles? i may need to go back and see the movie at least one more time, if just for this, looking for the star speeders lol
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries
    I honestly didn't think to look for one! I was so busy thinking, geez, there sure is a lot of traffic on Courusant, what a pain, I'd hate to commute in that. Obi Wan was smart taking the "bus"- gotta love public transportation in space!

Interesting thought though....
    A signature should go here.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

No, you definately weren't alone. Through the entire movie I was trying to see if any scenes would effectively help to create a new storyline for Star Tours II. Needless to say, I didn't see anything that would create a good storyline for a Star Tours II. Oh, and I was DEFINATELY looking for a Star Speeder 3000. I didn't see one anywhere though... I was a little disappointed by that.

But wow- talk about an amazing movie, huh? Definately an excellent finish to a great series of films!

• Greetings, Program!

Um....I hope this doesn't make me seem Anti-Disney, but Tours didn't even cross my mind when I was watching Sith.

And I'd be very surprised if any element of ST had shown up, given the not-so-warm-and-fuzzy feeling between Lucas and Eisner.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

The Millennium Falcon is on one of the landing platforms in Coruscant

• Lurker Extraordinaire!

yea i SWEAR i saw the millenium flacon

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by JordanB

Yeah you did. Many have chimed in also that it appeared. It may not have been THE Falcon itself, but it was definitely the same model ship.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• 28:06:42:12

Actually, you can see SS3000s in Attack of the Clones if you need your Disney fix that badly. I can't remember what scene they're in, exactly, but that distinctive box shape is there.

Dang, I didn't see the falcon or any model of the star speeder, but with all that traffic it would have been very easy to miss. But there are some possible story line ideas there. They could do a planet tour in one of the republic gunships or something. It could be really cool.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Um....I hope this doesn't make me seem Anti-Disney, but Tours didn't even cross my mind when I was watching Sith.

And I'd be very surprised if any element of ST had shown up, given the not-so-warm-and-fuzzy feeling between Lucas and Eisner.
    When 2 GREEDY worlds Collide...not much good can come from it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPixie
    The Millennium Falcon is on one of the landing platforms in Coruscant
    o thank god im not alone on that one either, i swore i saw it, but the other 4 people i was with did not. so, naturally, i thought i was going crazy, but now theyre the crazy ones! yay! lol
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Disney Nerd

i wasnt even thinking about star tours when i was watching ROTS.....

that makes me feel like a bad nerd...*sigh*

that's ok, gives me another reason to see it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic
    o thank god im not alone on that one either, i swore i saw it, but the other 4 people i was with did not. so, naturally, i thought i was going crazy, but now theyre the crazy ones! yay! lol
    Yup! I saw it, too. Must have been within the first 20 minutes of the movie? I remember it showed up pretty early on.

My group thought I was trying to pull their leg, so there I was, once again accused of something I wasn't mentally capable of thinking up....

• Banned User

I was personally thinking about how to fit The Battle over Coruscant into Star Tours II while watching the movie .

And yea I saw the Millenium Falcon too it shows up early on in the movie.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by JordanB
    it was most likely just a generic correllian (sp?) freighter...which is what the Milennium Falcon is.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast